VWVortex.com - Anyone bought one of the "fixed" TDI sportwagens?
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Anyone bought one of the "fixed" TDI sportwagens?

1. 05-04-2020 02:46 PM #201
      ::enters thread..... vomits on floor::

Bought a 2014 TDI 3 months ago. Loved it dearly. Tinted, chrome delete, short shift key (on order), new stereo. Yesterday my fuel system detonated after the glow plug light started flashing.. Towed it to VW. Today they told me $6k repair bill cause I put gas in the tank. Absolutely did not, only put 1 tank of D in last month (no driving in covid time). Called my insurance company, they will work it if needed and go after the gas station.. BUT they may also total the car because today's blue book is $6k-$8k so is a 6k repair worth it for anyone. Will VW USA Step up and cover this madness on CPO?! They claim the fuel is clearly bad (yellow color, sediment floating, water found in test.

What would you do, would you want the car back?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. 05-04-2020 05:27 PM #202
      Quote Originally Posted by iwastspinning View Post
      Bought a 2014 TDI 3 months ago. Loved it dearly. Tinted, chrome delete, short shift key (on order), new stereo. Yesterday my fuel system detonated after the glow plug light started flashing.. Towed it to VW. Today they told me $6k repair bill cause I put gas in the tank. Absolutely did not, only put 1 tank of D in last month (no driving in covid time). Called my insurance company, they will work it if needed and go after the gas station.. BUT they may also total the car because today's blue book is $6k-$8k so is a 6k repair worth it for anyone. Will VW USA Step up and cover this madness on CPO?! They claim the fuel is clearly bad (yellow color, sediment floating, water found in test.

What would you do, would you want the car back?
      If you can get the repair covered by warranty, insurance, or the gas station, I would definitely want the car back. There's nothing better out there for the money IMO.

4. 05-04-2020 08:18 PM #203
      I hear ya, and I think I agree. I did just choose this car after all. But that said, something is making me wonder what else this event might have done to the engine, exhaust/emissions system. I'd hate to start losing other components like dominos down the line after the initial fix is completed. Would VW take care of those if they do/don't warranty the initial work. So many unknowns!

5. 05-22-2020 07:44 AM #204
      Following up to the "bad fuel" issue that blew up the fuel system: I went through insurance, paid my $500 deductible which they are attempting to get back from the gas station, total bill was about $5k! I guess insurance beat up the dealer on the initial cost and VW agreed to give some discounts to keep a tech "employed" as they said. Either way, what a ****ty experience. I'm also paranoid to get fuel now... which isn't good as I'm due for a fill up.

But, I love this car and am glad I got to keep it.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789