My Wife has a 2015 Golf SE Sport (limited edition at lunch) in white with tan interior and sunroof. It was a very early US MK7 build and we've had it since about a week after it hit the dealer lot here in CA.
We've got an odor and I'm not sure if it's the leatherette or something else in the car. The odor has been present for at least 1.5 years at this point but has not increased in severity IMO. Has anyone with he leatherette experienced an odor they feel was coming from the interior materials?
- I have cleaned the leatherette every 6 months or so with BlueMagic Leather and Vinyl cleaner.
It's been through 3+ years of everyday use, often with the AC on. I'm not sure if the source of the odor is the ventilation system or not. It's difficult to tell and doesn't seem like it's particularly musty-smelling.
- I have never felt any wet carpets when I've checked.
- I have never seen any leaks in the headliner/from sunroof.
- I have never seen or detected evidence of water in the hatch area.
- I have replaced the cabin air filter with a MANN Ferocious Plus anti-mircobial/allergen carbon filter, basically the best one you can get.
Outside of trying something like Einzett/Nexzett Clima-klean in the ventilation system to see if it helps, I'm not sure what I can try or other areas I can check.
Any suggestions would be helpful.