Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: 81 caddy, air ride, diesel, zero rust, all new engine

1. Member
      Vehicles
      80 Mountain Green 1.9 MTDI (daily) ++ 5 other caddys always on hand
      03-16-2018 07:02 PM #1
      Shotgun patina 1981 VW rabbit pickup with air ride!!! All new 1.6 diesel engine. 5 speed transmission. Lots and lots of new parts. If your serious and have cash call or email. Daily driver.

Engine: Bored to 1st over and everything in the block is new. Oil pump, pistons, bearings rings, it's new.

Body: Last on the road in 1995 was a barn find in California. You can see that even the bottom seems are in new condition and dead straight. The bed had carpet and more or less looks like it was never used. This is an excellent rust free truck, aside from the surface patina in the pictures. Blue body stripe must have been added shorty after it was new as it has faded in with all the original paint. The drivers side is peppered with a bunch bb marks from a shotgun shell or two, looks cool nothing is actually messed up from it. Just has some actual style if you are sick of looking at tan on tan caddy's for sale.

Air ride: I did not install the system but it seems to work fine and holds air without leaks or issue. Must be filled individually on the valves by the license plate. You can easily do it with a compressor and a tire gauge if you want to change the ride hight or feel.

Wheels are blacked out snowflakes and the tires are brand new as of today.

Interior is clean and intact for the most part. It is missing the ashtray and the headliner. I have the cardboard for it if you want to have it recovered. Dash has two smallish cracks on the edge of the center by the vent.

Door handles are new. All key cores have been swapped and one key runs everything. Mirrors are new. Basically I used all the NOS parts I have been saving or I purchased new replacements to build a super nice daily driver. I have been building diesel caddy's for over 10 years exclusively so don't hassle me with some low offer or some crappy trade.

Trades: I would consider partial trade of the truck you have not finished yet or any diesel rabbits that are not rusted out. I only work on diesel VW's.

pictures here:
      https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/...533258659.html

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. Member
      Vehicles
      04-10-2018 06:50 PM #2
      SOLD!

But currently starting another lago blue with new engine...contact if interested.

4. 04-17-2018 07:13 AM #3
      Do you own a shop or something? I’ve seen a ton for sale from you and I’m also in CO. Do you only have diesels?

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

6. Member
      Vehicles
      04-19-2018 02:13 PM #4
      Basically I only work in diesel unless I find a crazy cheap gasser. I am picking up a 79 4 door gasser on tuesday if your looking for one. I have lots of MK1 diesels, let me know what your looking for.

7. 04-23-2018 05:02 AM #5
      Not sure what I’m quite looking for yet. Maybe a caddy to swap and bag or a rabbit to swap and bag but I’ll continue to see if you got anything I can’t live without

8. Member
      Vehicles
      04-23-2018 02:45 PM #6
      Picking up a 79 gasser tomorrow, Ran and drove when it was parked. I have not turned a key on it but I have no plan to work on it. $1100?? Pictures and posting tomorrow.

Vehicles
      MK3 GTi
      04-24-2018 02:59 PM #7
      Yeah man. You should just keep a running thread on here with the cars you are working on and selling. Lets see this '79

10. Member
      Vehicles
      04-27-2018 07:11 PM #8
      I never get much interest form the Vortex so it seems like a waste of my time. Recently I have been shipping a bunch of the stuff I have been finishing, had a car go to the netherlands a new months ago.

Also posting pictures here is stupid. If anyone is interested in what I have you should come by the shop tomorrow. Open form 10-5. I have someone who took me up on my apprentice offer and we will be wrenching most of the day. Either way the gasser will be for sale by the end of the day, if you want dibs come and get it saturday.

So the 79 is actually an 1980 (it has been a few months since I looked at it in NM. White 4 door. Excellent interior, excellent bumpers and grill. $800 in parts all day, Adam and I should have it running before lunch???

Shop address
      1492 ammons st
      lakewood co 80214

Currently sitting here and not posted...
      81 dasher diesel (have engine needs put together)
      78 2 door diesel (soldish to a guy in Canada, waiting for title, $3200 if you come twist my arm) 1 owner 96,000 miles...excelent excelent car!!
      83 4 door diesel parts car? Just missing engine, perfect interior including dash
      82 72 V electric pickup (I might be ready to take a low offer on this)
      81 pickup new short block runs excellent Lago blue, really close to road ready for daily. Has cool 80's graphics.

If your serious just come look. Also have a VW honey hole trip coming up...and I have 3 more in Utah that I bought 2 weeks ago.

call or text if you need something MKI diesel 720-437-0638

11. 04-29-2018 11:46 AM #9
      Awesome! Can’t wait till I get back stateside. I’ll have to see if there’s something I can blow deployment money on

12. Member
      Vehicles
      05-01-2018 01:38 PM #10
      Let me know what you want and I will build it for you. You can fly in and drive it home.

13. 05-02-2018 06:38 AM #11
      Im down in Colorado Springs so I won’t even need to fly. I’ll start making a wishlist and send you a PM and we can see what we can do