VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

2006 5-seater V8 for sale

4K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  dinsdale piranha 
#1 · (Edited)
After nearly a year of deliberation I've finally decided to sell my Phaeton. She's my baby, but she needs some TLC and doesn't fit with my house flipping lifestyle right now. I bought her off coming off a 2-year lease in 2008. Since then 100% of the service has been done at Charles Maund VW in Austin - I have all the service records.
Really not sure what she's worth - make me an offer.

Coucou Grey / Black Anthracite 5-seater with 137K miles.

Here's everything that's right with her:
Bentley 19" wheels
Drilled/slotted brake rotors from Adam's Rotors
Keyless Start
Hardwired Valentine One radar detector
Hankook Ventus V12 275s with ~20K miles.
New low beam headlight bulbs on both sides.
Replaced CD changer with Dice Iphone cable - cd changer available.

Here's everything that's wrong with her:
Left front ball joint is shot. So she needs new front lower control arms.
Something is draining the accessory battery. I have a new battery, but haven't put it in as I don't want to drain it. Starts up fine on the starter battery.
Soft close doors - sometimes they work, sometimes they dont.
Clearcoat is in bad shape after 10 summers in Austin. A good wax job will suffice, or you can re-clear coat her.
A bit of timing chain rattle when she starts, but it goes away. Timing belt and tensioners were last serviced around 75K miles.
Headliner has some holes in it from the previous owner's flip-down DVD screen.

Right now she's filthy and covered in pollen, but here's a pic of her all shined up:

-Dan

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Bump

Still for sale. Needs front lower control arms, and timing belt service. I'm convinced that the accessory battery issue was caused by water under the driver's footwell, shorting something out. So that will need to be investigated.

At this point I think the target market is someone looking for an 06 to part out. :(

#3 ·
Still for sale. Needs front lower control arms, and timing belt service. I'm convinced that the accessory battery issue was caused by water under the driver's footwell, shorting something out. So that will need to be investigated.

At this point I think the target market is someone looking for an 06 to part out. :(
Howdy, got anymore pics? How much are you askng?

Thanks Jeff

#4 ·
I'll take $1000. After playing around over the weekend I've determined that the electrical issues are all due to water under the drivers' side footwell. Might be resolved by pulling up the foam and letting it completely dry out. But she definitely needs front lower control arms, and I think the timing chain tensioners are about done so that needs to happen as well. If you're interested let me know soon - otherwise I'm taking her to CarMax later this week.

#5 ·
I'll take $1000. After playing around over the weekend I've determined that the electrical issues are all due to water under the drivers' side footwell. Might be resolved by pulling up the foam and letting it completely dry out. But she definitely needs front lower control arms, and I think the timing chain tensioners are about done so that needs to happen as well. If you're interested let me know soon - otherwise I'm taking her to CarMax later this week.

I'm interested. PM sent
cheers

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.