1. Junior Member
      09-23-2020 12:02 AM #201
      Testing Testing...1....2...3...

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. Junior Member
      09-23-2020 12:22 AM #202
      Quote Originally Posted by DonArber View Post
      What is the difference between new assemblies and retrofits? Is the performance the same?
      Retrofits are pretty much stock halogen housings, which the low beam reflector bowl is modified/cut to allow a projector to fit.

With the retrofits there are a different projector and shroud options, as well as a fog light option ( if your stock headlights have them). Many people go with dual turns in some cases.

For example, our VXT Retrofits start with brand new Ecode housings. We then modify the reflectors and offer a a few projector options, as well as different style shrouds. Our Ecodes come with fog lights, so if your car doesnt have factory fogs, a simple relay harness will allow you to use the fogs included with the headlights. We have a few styles to choose from. Every set can be personalized/customized for that personal touch.

Gen2's are completely different than the Retrofits. Gen2 style is inspired from the OEM HIDs. Our Gen2 headlights uses a 3" Bi-LED projector which is the only projector option offered at this time. We spent countless hours trying to tweak this projector to offer the best possible lighting output out of an LED projector. They all come with dual turn signals, which is the same as an OEM HID. There is only one shroud option, which is the same style/design as the OEM HID, except, the one used on the Gen2's is bigger. There is definitely no fog light option, neither on OEM HIDs. Gen2's can be also customized/personalized similar to the retrofits, such as adding halos, demon eyes, and lens etching.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Vehicles
      2004 BMP R32; 2017 Golf Estate 4motion; 1984 Rabbit Convertible; 2010 Golf TDI Stage 3 (RIP)
      09-23-2020 08:27 AM #203
      Quote Originally Posted by nater View Post
      You can swap in a set of LHD projectors easy once you get the front glass off. Also, could fix the adjustment screws too.
      Some mods to the projector and you can get a more blue and/or sharper/duller cutoff.
      I’d have to look through my lighting stash but I’m sure I’ve got some bora or golf lhd lamp parts laying around in the basement.
      Used to sell them back in the day as part of the OG C2 Motorsports company.
      Let me know and I’ll pull that ish out of the depths of my basement.
      That'd be really cool! Do you think I can just swap the cutoff from the projector or would it just make the most sense to swap the projector to LHD?

Looking good Mike!!!
      Last edited by gloaming88; 09-23-2020 at 08:30 AM.

5. Junior Member
      09-23-2020 08:32 AM #204
      Quote Originally Posted by gloaming88 View Post
      That'd be really cool! Do you think I can just swap the cutoff from the projector or would it just make the most sense to swap the projector to LHD?

Looking good Mike!!!
      I have lots of LHD OEM HID projectors if you need any? We also have aluminum adjusters in stock.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789