VWVortex.com - Volkswagen Atlas Cross Sport concept revealed in New York ? Previews a production two-row crossover coming next year
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

The Car Lounge
    Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Volkswagen Atlas Cross Sport concept revealed in New York ? Previews a production two-row crossover coming next year

1. Member
      Vehicles
      2007 Porsche Cayman 5MT; 2009 VW Passat Highline Wagon 6MT; 2017 VW Golf R 6MT Tech Pack
      03-29-2018 10:55 AM #51
      Quote Originally Posted by Yuppie Scum View Post

So choice!
      The Tracer's grille did not light up, IIRC. Only the Sable's did on first and second generation models.

The only other car I can think of that had a light bar was the early 90s Grand Prix on some upper trim lines.
      Quote Originally Posted by 20aeman View Post
      No, the real enthusiast vehicle would be the RX8. It combines V12 Lamborghini gas mileage with Hyundai Genesis 4cyl. performance.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. Member
      Vehicles
      B6 S4 Avant
      03-29-2018 12:44 PM #52
      Quote Originally Posted by CTK View Post
      As someone else said, there's way more to it. For example, I don't think a regular Atlas would fit in my garage with all the other stuff I have in it. Atlas CS would comfortably. We are only planning to have 2 kids... as long as the trunk can hold all our baby stuff we don't need a 3rd row.

Plus to me, as vain and superficial as this is, 3 row crossovers and minivans represent complete submission to me. A 2 row with some concessions for style says "I have a family and value practicality but style still matters". Whether or not that's dumb or pointless is up for debate, but to me something like the regular Atlas might as well be a school bus. There are exceptions of course like the CX-9 but that is still too big for us
      The Cross Sport Concept is only 8" shorter in length than the current Atlas, and it's an inch wider.

I'm not disagreeing that it's a far more aesthetically pleasing vehicle than the regular Atlas, but if I'm conceding to needing a vehicle this big already, I'd hate to lose the functionality of the vertical cargo space that the squareback SUV shape offers over the fastback.

4. Geriatric Member Air and water do mix's Avatar
      Vehicles
      '66 Beetle (X2) '08 Fit
      03-29-2018 02:05 PM #53
      Quote Originally Posted by oidoglr View Post
      The Cross Sport Concept is only 8" shorter in length than the current Atlas, and it's an inch wider.

I'm not disagreeing that it's a far more aesthetically pleasing vehicle than the regular Atlas, but if I'm conceding to needing a vehicle this big already, I'd hate to lose the functionality of the vertical cargo space that the squareback SUV shape offers over the fastback.
      That could easily make all the difference in the world. As I noted recently my business partner had to cut out a section of drywall to get his F150 in his garage and can only park it in there because of the rear proximity sensors letting him know how close he is. Without that he would've cracked the drywall a long time ago, perhaps done more damage.

I personally have absolutely no use for a third row now, so I'd take the shorter package even if they were the same price.
      Quote Originally Posted by Boyz in da Park
      Proletariat, Bourgeoise - Everybody smellin' my potpourri...

Vehicles
      2019 GTI, 2004 R32, 2016 GLI (wifey)
      03-29-2018 03:44 PM #54
      Should someone check on Turbio? There's been at least 3 VW threads this week and he hasn't stopped in to do his normal shtick of "VW is terrible as a business and the design is too boring and everyone should buy a Subaru instead".

Seriously. Where is he?

Vehicles
      a Metro pass.
      03-29-2018 04:37 PM #55
      Quote Originally Posted by vwlifer27 View Post
      Should someone check on Turbio? There's been at least 3 VW threads this week and he hasn't stopped in to do his normal shtick of "VW is terrible as a business and the design is too boring and everyone should buy a Subaru instead".

Seriously. Where is he?
      probably online browsing for The North Face goods.
      Quote Originally Posted by Metallitubby View Post
      Subaru fans chalk their negative experiences up to being part of a smaller brand and character. Something about beards, lesbians, and douche-flutes.

Vehicles
      2005 Touareg V8 4.2 2010 Jetta TDI Six speed manual 1994 Jetta 5 speed manual
      03-29-2018 06:24 PM #56
      Just give us the ****ing Touareg

8. Member
      Vehicles
      982, F22, E88, etc.
      03-29-2018 06:45 PM #57
      Quote Originally Posted by im no hero x View Post
      America: RAWWWWR VW IS EVIL. TDI DESTROY ENVIRONMENT. ANGER. RAGE. ARGHHHH. DESTROY ALL VW.

VW: Okay, we'll stop making TDIs. Here are 3 new bigger SUVs instead to replace the previous Tiguan and the Touareg which you guys thought were too small. They're... uhh... yeah. You can have them.

America:
      I literally lol'd.

Vehicles
      2019 GTI, 2004 R32, 2016 GLI (wifey)
      03-29-2018 08:07 PM #58
      Quote Originally Posted by GC Autoparts View Post
      Just give us the ****ing Touareg
      Dude. I know why you feel the way you do. The new T-Reg is amazing. I would love one. I loved the v8 gen 1. I loved my friends mk'3' tdi.

But.

It's not going to happen. I wish it would, but it won't.

That being said, the Atlas is helping VW stay in the US and if it takes killing the Treg and bringing more Atlas based SUV's and trucks, I'm all for it.

If the onslaught of SUV's and etc push the sales numbers to (and I'm pulling this number out of the air) 600k a year consistly, they might be willing to take a loss and bring back the T-reg. Meanwhile, skip the Atlas and get a Atlas Sport or what ever they call it. It's a great looking SUV.

10. 03-29-2018 09:59 PM #59
      It's OK if they don't release the touareg here. This Atlas Cross Sport is good looking enough to take top model SUV for a while. Not the current Atlas though. The current Atlas is indeed quite ugly.

11. 03-31-2018 10:05 AM #60
      Quote Originally Posted by baboondumdum View Post
      It's OK if they don't release the touareg here. This Atlas Cross Sport is good looking enough to take top model SUV for a while. Not the current Atlas though. The current Atlas is indeed quite ugly.
      Yeah, the back end treatment on the Cross Sport gives a sportier profile to it. I like it too.

Vehicles
      04-02-2018 01:31 PM #61
      Quote Originally Posted by vwlifer27 View Post
      Dude. I know why you feel the way you do. The new T-Reg is amazing. I would love one. I loved the v8 gen 1. I loved my friends mk'3' tdi.

But.

It's not going to happen. I wish it would, but it won't.

That being said, the Atlas is helping VW stay in the US and if it takes killing the Treg and bringing more Atlas based SUV's and trucks, I'm all for it.

If the onslaught of SUV's and etc push the sales numbers to (and I'm pulling this number out of the air) 600k a year consistly, they might be willing to take a loss and bring back the T-reg. Meanwhile, skip the Atlas and get a Atlas Sport or what ever they call it. It's a great looking SUV.

The BLOATED ATLAS SPORT or whatever they f*cking call it will never even come close to my T1 V8 capability. My wife has this Airstream fetage and it looks as if we may pull the trigger. The ATLAS will be unable to tow the Airstream model we want

Looks as if I'm hanging on to my V8 for the next couple of years as we all wait to see if Volkswagen brings the Touareg back to the North American Market. What a ****ing mistake on Volkswagen! Really dissapointed with Volkwagen!

13. Member
      Vehicles
      2007 Porsche Cayman 5MT; 2009 VW Passat Highline Wagon 6MT; 2017 VW Golf R 6MT Tech Pack
      04-02-2018 02:02 PM #62
      The BLOATED ATLAS SPORT or whatever they f*cking call it will never even come close to my T1 V8 capability. My wife has this Airstream fetage and it looks as if we may pull the trigger. The ATLAS will be unable to tow the Airstream model we want

Looks as if I'm hanging on to my V8 for the next couple of years as we all wait to see if Volkswagen brings the Touareg back to the North American Market. What a ****ing mistake on Volkswagen! Really dissapointed with Volkwagen!
      You and the other ten people that would have bought a Touareg for towing like that have every right to be disappointed.
      Quote Originally Posted by 20aeman View Post
      No, the real enthusiast vehicle would be the RX8. It combines V12 Lamborghini gas mileage with Hyundai Genesis 4cyl. performance.

Vehicles
      04-02-2018 02:45 PM #63
      Quote Originally Posted by Double-V View Post
      You and the other ten people that would have bought a Touareg for towing like that have every right to be disappointed.
      This Mattress stain ........ Why don't you head over to Club Touareg and check it out the only ten people using the Touareg to tow.

Vehicles
      1994 Volvo 940 Turbo Wagon, 1984 Mercedes-Benz 300TDT, 1994 Miata R-Package
      04-02-2018 02:49 PM #64

I love that this makes you so ****ing mad You should make an angry youtube rant video and tweet it to VW
      Quote Originally Posted by ClothSeats View Post
      In after Ryukein seal of approval.
      Quote Originally Posted by Carson Fiber View Post
      Get a life already Loser
      |||||||

16. Member
      Vehicles
      2015 VW GTI SE
      04-02-2018 03:01 PM #65

Isn't there some sort of Audi or Porsche, with comparable power (and a more appropriate brand name to pricepoint ratio) that will do the job for you?
      If not, I'm sure BMW or M-B have something that'll do the trick, since you seem committed to staying with a German brand.

Vehicles
      04-02-2018 04:46 PM #66
      Quote Originally Posted by Ryukein View Post
      I love that this makes you so ****ing mad You should make an angry youtube rant video and tweet it to VW

Let's do one together Ryukein

Blog Entries
      Vehicles
      '18 Jeep SRT; '11 M3 ZCP; '94 SLC
      04-02-2018 04:57 PM #67
      Quote Originally Posted by whitejeep1989 View Post
      Isn't there some sort of Audi or Porsche, with comparable power (and a more appropriate brand name to pricepoint ratio) that will do the job for you?
      Dude should just go for a Cayanne. Used if need be.

19. I need new ones NeverEnoughCars's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Dodge, Toyota, VW, Ford
      04-02-2018 05:08 PM #68
      Quote Originally Posted by whitejeep1989 View Post
      If not, I'm sure BMW or M-B have something that'll do the trick, since you seem committed to staying with a German brand.
      Of course there are many other options that would suit his needs but why would that matter when he can whine that VW won't bring over a vehicle that would only sell in limited numbers at the price they would charge.
      At least he isn't calling for the Amarok to be sold here.
      Quote Originally Posted by Turbio! View Post
      Pedantry: winning arguments through exasperation since 1651. An Old World Tradition!
      "Now i am become death the destroyer of worlds."-bhagavad gita
      “Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” -T.S. Eliot

Vehicles
      2015 GTI, 2006 GLI, 1987 Scirocco 16V, 1989 Jetta GL
      04-02-2018 06:27 PM #69
      Quote Originally Posted by NeverEnoughCars View Post
      Of course there are many other options that would suit his needs but why would that matter when he can whine that VW won't bring over a vehicle that would only sell in limited numbers at the price they would charge.
      At least he isn't calling for the Amarok to be sold here.
      Or the Scirocco.

21. I need new ones NeverEnoughCars's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Dodge, Toyota, VW, Ford
      04-02-2018 07:38 PM #70
      Quote Originally Posted by silverspeedbuggy View Post
      Or the Scirocco.
      That won't tow the airstream either.
      Same with the Polo.
      Quote Originally Posted by Turbio! View Post
      Pedantry: winning arguments through exasperation since 1651. An Old World Tradition!
      "Now i am become death the destroyer of worlds."-bhagavad gita
      “Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” -T.S. Eliot

Vehicles
      2015 GTI, 2006 GLI, 1987 Scirocco 16V, 1989 Jetta GL
      10-23-2018 10:26 AM #71

Vehicles
      '15 STi & '16 .:R
      10-23-2018 10:44 AM #72
      Yea, that's even fuglier then the Atlas...
      iain

24. Member
      Vehicles
      982, F22, E88, etc.
      10-23-2018 11:02 AM #73

I miss the Touareg too, but if you really want one that badly, why not get a CPO Cayenne for an equivalent price, or splurge a little more on a new one?

If you can go easy on the options, the price-differential isn't as big as one might think, and IME the Cayenne is quite a capable and durable vehicle. Not sure what you'd need to tow that airstream, but if the Cayenne checks out, that would be one good looking setup.

25. Don't be me. Don't be a 'Rick' Cabin Pics's Avatar
      Vehicles
      2004 E46, 2019 Q7
      10-23-2018 11:06 AM #74
      Quote Originally Posted by ghost03 View Post
      I miss the Touareg too, but if you really want one that badly, why not get a CPO Cayenne for an equivalent price, or splurge a little more on a new one?

If you can go easy on the options, the price-differential isn't as big as one might think, and IME the Cayenne is quite a capable and durable vehicle. Not sure what you'd need to tow that airstream, but if the Cayenne checks out, that would be one good looking setup.
      This guy is right.
      Instagram - efrie004

Vehicles
      2018 Golf R, '96 993
      10-23-2018 11:16 AM #75
      This past summer I test drove a new Touareg at VW's Wolfsburg off road course. Fully loaded they cost $90k to $100k, still want one?
      2018 Golf R , '96 993
      past:2004 Passat 4Mo, 1.8T, stick
      '96 Audi S6, forced to sell, F. U. nh emissions
      '87 VW Quantum syncro wagon, got me into quattro,
      '85 GTI, 17 yrs , 280k miles, '75 Nova (first car)

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast