VWVortex.com - Coilovers for VW Atlas?
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coilovers for VW Atlas?

1. 04-11-2018 09:26 AM #1
      Has anyone seen these or heard of this company? It looks like they make a coilover kit for the Atlas...

https://scalesuspension.com/shop/en/...original_color

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      VW Mk4 R32 SC/VW Atlas SEL Premium 4 motion
      04-12-2018 08:58 AM #2
      Never heard of them but lately looking for a way to ground the Atlas. I won't be doing any offroading so don't care about height. Purpose of the car is completely different in my case.
      So if anyone knows proper setup for lowering it - please let me know

4. 04-12-2018 12:04 PM #3
      Been in contact with Scale and their

Been in contact with Scale and at this time they are the ONLY set-up specified for the ATLAS...should lower the Atlas 3+ inches and the whole setup looks quite professional. Then comes the shaky parts...not in the USA, 3-5 week delivery as each set is made as its ordered and the $1300 is paid. The pictures and WEBSITE all look very good, lets see if they can do a group deal for us through the VWVortex site, I'm in! At least it gives you the option to leave it up in the air or closer to the ground and then switch if you want, very versatile.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

6. 04-12-2018 12:21 PM #4
      Also there are no reviews of the product...maybe they are just starting up???

7. 04-15-2018 12:40 AM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by Shiki87 View Post
      Never heard of them but lately looking for a way to ground the Atlas. I won't be doing any offroading so don't care about height. Purpose of the car is completely different in my case.
      So if anyone knows proper setup for lowering it - please let me know
      Me either. This is my family vehicle, so I won't be dropping this one...just so used to knocking a few inches off my ride heights, I started searching for options.

Quote Originally Posted by atlas7 View Post
      Been in contact with Scale and their

Been in contact with Scale and at this time they are the ONLY set-up specified for the ATLAS...should lower the Atlas 3+ inches and the whole setup looks quite professional. Then comes the shaky parts...not in the USA, 3-5 week delivery as each set is made as its ordered and the $1300 is paid. The pictures and WEBSITE all look very good, lets see if they can do a group deal for us through the VWVortex site, I'm in! At least it gives you the option to leave it up in the air or closer to the ground and then switch if you want, very versatile.

Kit looks really nice and professionally made. I noticed the wait time and that they weren't in the US, but I didn't find anything from usual suspects of spring companies.

Quote Originally Posted by atlas7 View Post
      Also there are no reviews of the product...maybe they are just starting up???
      I'd assume so, I was skeptical because there were no reviews. The coilovers would be perfect on my Tourmaline blue, but lucky for my wife, we need a new fence. LOL

8. 04-15-2018 02:59 AM #6
      Never heard of them. Would not trust the safety and handling to an unknown
      VW history
      2018 Atlas SEL P 2011 gti 6MT. 2008 gti 6MT. 2004 Audi S4 Avant 6MT
      1989 Jetta gl. 1986 gti. 1985 gti
      And a bunch of beemers in the mix

Vehicles
      Atlas alltrack
      04-17-2018 05:11 PM #7
      Lots of people use scale suspension on their mk6/7 cars. I spoke with h&r and they are developing springs for the atlas

This guy is over in Europe and has the scale coilovers installed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      slumz of worcester

dub militia

10. 04-17-2018 06:35 PM #8
      Quote Originally Posted by JeremiahSOW View Post
      Lots of people use scale suspension on their mk6/7 cars. I spoke with h&r and they are developing springs for the atlas

Wow. That looks really nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      2018 Atlas SEL | Reflex Silver : Titan Black | 4MOTION | R-Line | Captain's Chairs

11. 04-17-2018 08:10 PM #9
      🤤

12. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      04-17-2018 08:18 PM #10
      Good Lord that’s awesome.
      Thank you for making me lighter for 1500$

P.S. what wheels are those?

13. 04-18-2018 09:43 AM #11

That looks SICK!! I don't know if I'd slam mine like that, but 2-3 inches would be sufficient for me.

14. 04-19-2018 01:35 PM #12
      That is what I am looking for The wheels must be 22" or even 24", surely not 20" or smaller but the tires look more sedan than SUV like...make mine 45

15. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      06-16-2018 10:31 PM #13
      So does anyone knows what type of wheel are those?
      I’m about to pull the trigger on the Coilovers but definitely want to change stock wheel

16. Member
      Vehicles
      2016 VW GTI 'S' 4dr; 2018 Passat GT
      06-16-2018 11:30 PM #14
      Quote Originally Posted by Shiki87 View Post
      So does anyone knows what type of wheel are those?
      I’m about to pull the trigger on the Coilovers but definitely want to change stock wheel

i am thinking they are Niche M117

available in 20 and 22 at 5x112

http://www.nicheroadwheels.com/misano-m117-w-19769.htm

lots of VWs over the years, just can't seem to love another brand more

17. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      06-16-2018 11:54 PM #15
      Seems it is that one I would say.

Thank you!!!

18. 06-18-2018 03:41 PM #16
      Did all of you not see my thread ?? Scale Suspension Coilovers on Asanti 22's.....

Lots of info there. The drop looks sweet for the summer, but it is an issue for those of you with harsh winters. I want to raise the truck back up, but the shorter springs do not have enough height on them to bring you back to stock height. Even the Scale coilover setup is too low for my taste. I wanted to have at least 2-3 leveled fingers between the tire and wheel well edge, but the threaded adapter (hi-low) does not have enough thread on it to get me to that height. So Scale is custom making ones a little higher (+1"). That will take care of summer.

For winter, have no clue what I am going to do. I may leave the truck dropped, or I might chat with Scale and see if they can make me some slightly taller springs that I can shove in there, to get it up higher.

Notice that my springs are powder coated, not for the looks, but to protect them from corrosion. I am in Quebec, and our roads are de-iced with salt still. Once the salted snow and slush packs into the wheel well, it will eat away at the springs. I had 2 Eibachs snap on me while driving, very big bang and almost lost control of my previous truck. The next day I had the Eibachs taken off. I would not put Eibachs or H&R springs on any vehicle, even if you have them to me for free with install. Just does not work in harsh winters (not here anyways).

Scale has assured me that once powder coated, those springs will last for years. We'll see about that. Was also considering to put some shock covers over the whole setup to protect the threads from grime and dirt and corrosion, but the alignment place told me that would just speed up the corrosion process as the covers would keep things humid underneath....

https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...cale-coilovers

19. 06-26-2018 12:00 PM #17
      I saw it. Looks great!! Thanks for sharing here as well.

Vehicles
      2018 VW Atlas V6 SEL 4MOTION (white)
      09-25-2018 10:27 PM #18
      From the SCALE sales rep via email:
      "We are specialized in custom suspension so we do offer various suspension setup from the street version (innovative series) to the full rally 55mm inverted 3 way suspension ( for rallycross or professional rally use) with many other configuration between these.
      We have done many lift setup mostly for Subaru with a custom long travel innovative series and haven't heard of any issues after years of use. Our products are designed to withstand excessive use at different level depending the version but our innovative series can handle street, track , off road and even used for some amateur rally drivers. So it will be good enough for your needs.

"If your needs are to have a set that lift from 0 to approximately 3 inches and don,t want to lower the car more than the stock height, yes we can use different shock and spring length to give you the range you are looking for, it's not a problem. Maybe we need a minimum manufacturing time to calculate the right length needed and assemble the shock with the right valving for the car but few days should be good. We don't think it will need some trying and changes but yes if something need to be changed, we will give you the support to have the right setup dialed to what you are exactly looking for. Also, using coilovers will reduce the body roll on street use so it will still feel like regular even if you are higher.

"Of course it can be an interesting way to start selling this kind of setup to VW customers too, as already have many request for lift setup on subaru after building a custom setup for a mountain bike company.

"let us know if you have any other questions."

Can't wait until I save up enough cash for these. Sorry kids, better get scholarships...

Vehicles
      09-25-2018 10:29 PM #19
      I want to lift my Atlas; 12+ inches of ground clearance (with SCALE adjustable shocks and the right tires) would be spectacular!

Vehicles
      See Signature Line
      09-26-2018 11:34 PM #20

that is nice but the Atlas is now available in Europe?
      CURRENT: 1987 Golf Cabriolet Alpine White (QQ plates applied)
      2008 Golf R32 (#959) 4mo Candy White
      2008 Passat Wagon VR6 4mo Mocha Brown Metallic (Daddy Mobile)
      2018 Atlas SEL-P 4mo Plat. Grey (Wifey's Twin Mobile)
      PAST: 2018 Tiguan SEL-P 4mo Plat. Grey (Traded)

23. 10-11-2018 11:54 PM #21
      Not sure if you guys saw my post, probably a few months old, did the Scale coilovers sometime in May. They are very well known on the racing scene, and lucky for me, right here in my province of Quebec, Canada. I actually drove down to their shop (3 hours), and had them put on the kit. I did not want it slammed, and will probably lift it a bit next summer.

Sadly, for those of you looking to lift it up for the winter, this is NOT possible. The rear spring is mounted seperately from the adjustable shock, which means if you want to raise the truck, you will need a different / higher spring. This is my dilemna now, whether I go through the trouble of custom making slightly higher springs, or as crazy as this sounds, put back on the OEM setup for the winter, which will of course preserve the coilovers and avoid the salt eating away at them (I had them powder coated to avoid this).

Here are some pics…

https://photos.app.goo.gl/EWXssgrgWwKZdXrXA

https://photos.app.goo.gl/1bkFTCvy9mTCQnk47

https://photos.app.goo.gl/qtetjJ7ckQHzTebb6

https://photos.app.goo.gl/aaH9b9GAFhXkcU1VA

https://photos.app.goo.gl/JYWD2AQTYdPUNF1WA
      Last edited by neilsak; 10-12-2018 at 12:37 AM.

Vehicles
      See Signature Line
      10-12-2018 10:47 AM #22
      Quote Originally Posted by neilsak View Post
      Not sure if you guys saw my post, probably a few months old, did the Scale coilovers sometime in May. They are very well known on the racing scene, and lucky for me, right here in my province of Quebec, Canada. I actually drove down to their shop (3 hours), and had them put on the kit. I did not want it slammed, and will probably lift it a bit next summer.

Sadly, for those of you looking to lift it up for the winter, this is NOT possible. The rear spring is mounted seperately from the adjustable shock, which means if you want to raise the truck, you will need a different / higher spring. This is my dilemna now, whether I go through the trouble of custom making slightly higher springs, or as crazy as this sounds, put back on the OEM setup for the winter, which will of course preserve the coilovers and avoid the salt eating away at them (I had them powder coated to avoid this).

Here are some pics…

https://photos.app.goo.gl/EWXssgrgWwKZdXrXA

https://photos.app.goo.gl/1bkFTCvy9mTCQnk47

https://photos.app.goo.gl/qtetjJ7ckQHzTebb6

https://photos.app.goo.gl/aaH9b9GAFhXkcU1VA

https://photos.app.goo.gl/JYWD2AQTYdPUNF1WA
      This makes me wish the Atlas came with an air suspension option like the earlier Touregs did
      CURRENT: 1987 Golf Cabriolet Alpine White (QQ plates applied)
      2008 Golf R32 (#959) 4mo Candy White
      2008 Passat Wagon VR6 4mo Mocha Brown Metallic (Daddy Mobile)
      2018 Atlas SEL-P 4mo Plat. Grey (Wifey's Twin Mobile)
      PAST: 2018 Tiguan SEL-P 4mo Plat. Grey (Traded)

25. 10-19-2018 09:42 AM #23
      H&R announced their lowering spring, lift kit, and coil over part numbers for the Atlas.
      http://www.hrsprings.com/application.../38/1904/2018/

Vehicles
      10-23-2018 12:11 AM #24
      Quote Originally Posted by mwwVW View Post
      H&R announced their lowering spring, lift kit, and coil over part numbers for the Atlas.
      http://www.hrsprings.com/application.../38/1904/2018/
      So am I reading it correctly that the raising spring would give a +1" lift?

[IMG]2018-10-22 21_08_20-H&R Special Springs, LP. by James McMillan, on Flickr[/IMG]

10-23-2018 05:17 AM #25
      Quote Originally Posted by PCBHater View Post
      So am I reading it correctly that the raising spring would give a +1" lift?
      Yes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast