VWVortex.com - 2005 VW Phaeton : replaced KESSY, now what?? HELP ME PLEASE, MY CAR IS STUCK IN THE ROAD!
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: 2005 VW Phaeton : replaced KESSY, now what?? HELP ME PLEASE, MY CAR IS STUCK IN THE ROAD!

1. 04-12-2018 03:18 PM #1
      I have replaced the KESSY in my Phaeton. The new KESSY has the same serial numbers as the old one. How in God's name do i make my car work now? The key is still stuck in the ignition and the car will not turn on at all. Can anyone help me? My car is stuck in the street and I do not want to get it towed, its in a bad spot....

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. Member
      Vehicles
      2000 VW Jetta VR6
      04-12-2018 03:22 PM #2
      You have to program the kessy to your car. You need the VDC number for your car and the VDC number from the car the kessy was taken from if it is used.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

4. Member
      Vehicles
      2002 VW passat W8, 2004 VW Phaeton W12 LWB 4-seat
      04-12-2018 03:49 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan22 View Post
      The new KESSY has the same serial numbers as the old one.
      I may be wrong, but are you sure they have the same serial number? Could it be that you are confusing the serial number with some part number as a serial number in its nature is unique for each single unit? The correct part number is a good start, but you will most likely as the other posts tell you end up at VW to get this done. If there is another way it certainly needs thorough investigation and if someone should come up with a solution it would probably take a lot more time than you would like to wait regarding your situation.

Lennart

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk Pro

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

6. 04-12-2018 04:32 PM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by Nexus_Phantom View Post
      You have to program the kessy to your car. You need the VDC number for your car and the VDC number from the car the kessy was taken from if it is used.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
      Thank you so much!

7. Member
      Vehicles
      4 VWs, 1 Buick, 1 Ford & 1 Jag
      04-13-2018 03:04 AM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan22 View Post
      I have replaced the KESSY in my Phaeton. The new KESSY has the same serial numbers as the old one. How in God's name do i make my car work now? The key is still stuck in the ignition and the car will not turn on at all. Can anyone help me? My car is stuck in the street and I do not want to get it towed, its in a bad spot....
      You really need to get it towed to a dealer to match the KESSY to the Phaeton.

Only one person in this forum has ever had a used KESSY matched to a Phaeton and that was at a dealer in California.

PowerDubs had a guy from a dealer come out with a laptop and program a KESSY to his Phaeton. It's post #11 in your last thread:

https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...SY-Replacement.