Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: 2004 Phaeton W12 Black For Sale 103K Miles $7,500 OBO

Vehicles
      2004 Phaeton W12
      04-26-2018 09:55 AM #1
      Picking up a new truck on Saturday, and have decided that the Phaeton has to go to make room in our newly down-sized garage.

This one has several relatively minor problems that I have been putting off:
      Fuel gauge quit working about 6 months ago. Thankfully the Trip OD still works!
      Tire pressure sensors went out about 2 months ago
      Navigation System won't work (spits out the DVD and then tells you to put one in)
      About a 1" puncture wound in the front bumper
      One of the rear side window shades won't retract due to a broken re-winder inside the door
      Plastic cover to D/S seat controls has a 4" crack
      The paint on the roof looks a bit dull - like it was out in the sun a lot. Was like that when I bought it.

Otherwise, she runs great. Spent a large pile of money replacing the main ABS unit a few years back. Only other problem I have had is it tends to get speeding tickets....

Bought this car out of So California in 2011 and have stored it for the winters since then. Tires have about 5K on them.

Located in Michigan, 3 hours from Chicago, Detroit, and Toledo, 2 hr from Milwaukee (by ferry). Can ship it, too.

Could not find any recent comparable sales.... so I am unsure of the right pricing. Let me know if I'm way off (high or low!).

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. Member
      Vehicles
      4 VWs, 1 Buick, 1 Ford & 1 Jag
      04-29-2018 05:48 PM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by 5String View Post

Navigation System won't work (spits out the DVD and then tells you to put one in).
      The NAV uses CDs, not DVDs. BMW CDs work but the final edition was 2015. That's better than the original 2004 CDs though.

If you have the original 2004 CDs try the one for your region.

The BMW set is a few hundred dollars if it's still available.
      Last edited by 53PL-50AAA-VW611BAN; 04-29-2018 at 06:21 PM.

4. Member
      Vehicles
      4 VWs, 1 Buick, 1 Ford & 1 Jag
      04-29-2018 06:19 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by 5String View Post
      Picking up a new truck on Saturday, and have decided that the Phaeton has to go to make room in our newly down-sized garage.

This one has several relatively minor problems that I have been putting off:
      Fuel gauge quit working about 6 months ago. Thankfully the Trip OD still works!
      Tire pressure sensors went out about 2 months ago

About a 1" puncture wound in the front bumper
      One of the rear side window shades won't retract due to a broken re-winder inside the door
      Plastic cover to D/S seat controls has a 4" crack
      The paint on the roof looks a bit dull - like it was out in the sun a lot. Was like that when I bought it.

Otherwise, she runs great. Spent a large pile of money replacing the main ABS unit a few years back. Only other problem I have had is it tends to get speeding tickets....

Bought this car out of So California in 2011 and have stored it for the winters since then. Tires have about 5K on them.

Located in Michigan, 3 hours from Chicago, Detroit, and Toledo, 2 hr from Milwaukee (by ferry). Can ship it, too.

Could not find any recent comparable sales.... so I am unsure of the right pricing. Let me know if I'm way off (high or low!).
      These are relatively minor problems but I would say it's priced about right.

If the fuel gauge problem is a sender, the right one is $232.00 and the left one is $381.00. If it's in the gauge itself, that could get really expensive to repair.

The tire pressure sensors going out should be an easy fix but a bit expensive.

A new front bumper cover is expensive. Maybe it can be repaired.

On top of the problems you mentioned, it does have over 100K miles and there are a bunch of wear items that should be replaced.

The 2004 W12 I bought in May 2015 was $10K and it has around 90K miles now. It also needed TPMS sensors.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

6. 05-01-2018 06:17 PM #4
      Is this a 4 or 5 seater and what color is the interior? I have a '04 W12 and am contemplating a stable mate. My wife won't stop driving it.

Any red warnings in the instrument display? The hydraulic trunk work?

I just happen to be traveling to Chicago this w/e. What city/town is the car in?

Mark

Vehicles
      2004 Phaeton W12
      05-04-2018 07:42 AM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by Phaeton4me View Post
      Is this a 4 or 5 seater and what color is the interior? I have a '04 W12 and am contemplating a stable mate. My wife won't stop driving it.

Any red warnings in the instrument display? The hydraulic trunk work?

I just happen to be traveling to Chicago this w/e. What city/town is the car in?

Mark
      Hey Mark,
      This is the 5-seater with the typical tan interior. Trunk works great. The only warning on the dash is the TPMS.
      Normally I'm in Grand Haven, but I am up in Charlevoix this weekend.

My wife loves this car, too, but now the brand new truck is getting all her attention...

Dan