VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

2004 Phaeton W12 Black For Sale 103K Miles $7,500 OBO

4K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  5String 
#1 ·
Picking up a new truck on Saturday, and have decided that the Phaeton has to go to make room in our newly down-sized garage.

This one has several relatively minor problems that I have been putting off:
Fuel gauge quit working about 6 months ago. Thankfully the Trip OD still works!
Tire pressure sensors went out about 2 months ago
Navigation System won't work (spits out the DVD and then tells you to put one in)
About a 1" puncture wound in the front bumper
One of the rear side window shades won't retract due to a broken re-winder inside the door
Plastic cover to D/S seat controls has a 4" crack
The paint on the roof looks a bit dull - like it was out in the sun a lot. Was like that when I bought it.​

Otherwise, she runs great. Spent a large pile of money replacing the main ABS unit a few years back. Only other problem I have had is it tends to get speeding tickets.... :banghead:

Bought this car out of So California in 2011 and have stored it for the winters since then. Tires have about 5K on them.

Located in Michigan, 3 hours from Chicago, Detroit, and Toledo, 2 hr from Milwaukee (by ferry). Can ship it, too.

Could not find any recent comparable sales.... so I am unsure of the right pricing. Let me know if I'm way off (high or low!).

See less See more
#3 ·
Picking up a new truck on Saturday, and have decided that the Phaeton has to go to make room in our newly down-sized garage.

This one has several relatively minor problems that I have been putting off:
Fuel gauge quit working about 6 months ago. Thankfully the Trip OD still works!
Tire pressure sensors went out about 2 months ago

About a 1" puncture wound in the front bumper
One of the rear side window shades won't retract due to a broken re-winder inside the door
Plastic cover to D/S seat controls has a 4" crack
The paint on the roof looks a bit dull - like it was out in the sun a lot. Was like that when I bought it.​

Otherwise, she runs great. Spent a large pile of money replacing the main ABS unit a few years back. Only other problem I have had is it tends to get speeding tickets.... :banghead:

Bought this car out of So California in 2011 and have stored it for the winters since then. Tires have about 5K on them.

Located in Michigan, 3 hours from Chicago, Detroit, and Toledo, 2 hr from Milwaukee (by ferry). Can ship it, too.

Could not find any recent comparable sales.... so I am unsure of the right pricing. Let me know if I'm way off (high or low!).
These are relatively minor problems but I would say it's priced about right.

If the fuel gauge problem is a sender, the right one is $232.00 and the left one is $381.00. If it's in the gauge itself, that could get really expensive to repair.

The tire pressure sensors going out should be an easy fix but a bit expensive.

A new front bumper cover is expensive. Maybe it can be repaired.

On top of the problems you mentioned, it does have over 100K miles and there are a bunch of wear items that should be replaced.

The 2004 W12 I bought in May 2015 was $10K and it has around 90K miles now. It also needed TPMS sensors.

#4 ·
Is this a 4 or 5 seater and what color is the interior? I have a '04 W12 and am contemplating a stable mate. My wife won't stop driving it.

Any red warnings in the instrument display? The hydraulic trunk work?

I just happen to be traveling to Chicago this w/e. What city/town is the car in?

Mark

#5 ·
Hey Mark,
This is the 5-seater with the typical tan interior. Trunk works great. The only warning on the dash is the TPMS.
Normally I'm in Grand Haven, but I am up in Charlevoix this weekend.

My wife loves this car, too, but now the brand new truck is getting all her attention...

Dan

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.