VWVortex.com - Mk7.5 Golf R Fuse Diagram for Switched and Constant Power?
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Mk7.5 Golf R Fuse Diagram for Switched and Constant Power?

1. Junior Member
      05-20-2018 04:42 PM #1
      Has anybody installed a dash cam on a MK7.5 Golf R with constant and switched power? Does anybody have a fuse diagram for the MK7.5R? Everything I've researched for MK7 Golf Rs shows fuses in different locations and MK7.5 has more active fuses. Just curious which fuses would be best for tap a fuses. Thanks in advance!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Vehicles
      16 Golf R Oryx 6MT 19 Tiguan SELP-RLine
      05-20-2018 04:59 PM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by chanimal117 View Post
      Has anybody installed a dash cam on a MK7.5 Golf R with constant and switched power? Does anybody have a fuse diagram for the MK7.5R? Everything I've researched for MK7 Golf Rs shows fuses in different locations and MK7.5 has more active fuses. Just curious which fuses would be best for tap a fuses. Thanks in advance!
      Lots of good info here, see post #86 for you fuse info:

https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...Golf-GTI/page4
      Instagram: @miamibournes_golfr
      Build Thread: Golf R Build
      United Motorsport Tuned: 93oct @ 28psi 6MT (Launch Control/No Lift Shift/Haldex Tune)
      Best 1/4: 12.4 @ 112mph (1.82 60ft)

4. Junior Member
      05-20-2018 05:27 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by MiamiBourne View Post
      Lots of good info here, see post #86 for you fuse info:

https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...Golf-GTI/page4
      Thanks! I think I saw this already. The battery constant power in my car looks like it has an extra 5 amp fuse being used that isn't there on Mk7Rs and some of the other fuse configurations are different. Curious what I'm actually tapping into. This is how my fuse layout looks like.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Vehicles
      2017 MK7 GOLF R
      05-21-2018 12:05 AM #4
      pull that twenty amp fuse on the bottom right and see if the power outlet works with a phone charger or whatever. if it doesnt you know you can add a fuse to that location and have the dash cam run when the car is on. if you want it to run all the time i cant help you.
      MK7 Golf R Oryx White
      MK6 GLI Candy White Sold
      MK5 GLI Candy White Sold

7. Junior Member
      06-03-2018 03:36 PM #5
      Does anybody have a fuse diagram for the 2018 Golf R yet? Any VW techs on here that could share that info from a shop manual? Been busy and still haven't gotten around to installing the dash cam but I'm pretty sure I can figure out a constant and switched power supply. I've done some research and I've seen various options but I'd also like to know what I'm tapping into and the 2018 Golf R fuse box is definitely using more fuses than any diagram, post or videos for Mk7 Golf/GTI/Golf R I've seen so far. I'm also aware of moving the 20 amp fuse for the 12V power outlet one step up for constant power but honestly I don't want to go that route since I have an LED charger in the car that would unnecessarily draw power when I don't need it to. Thanks in advance if anybody could post the fuse diagram!

8. Member
      06-03-2018 11:18 PM #6
      Installed a lighted boost gauge yesterday into my 2018 using an add-a-fuse, and it looks like:
      - the top two rows of tiny fuses are always hot, even with car off
      - the third row of tiny fuses is on with ignition only

9. 06-09-2018 10:40 PM #7
      Also waiting to see what info we get here. I have my Uniden R3 mounted (Blendmount), and I have the direct wire kit...but I'm at a standstill as I can't figure out what the correct next step is.

I've considered the add-a-circuit, but like OP mentions, the R fuse box is busier than the fuse boxes in all the online DIY guides I've seen so far.

10. 06-14-2018 07:55 PM #8
      Solved my particular issue (which was that I wasn't sure what to do in the fuse box in order to add my radar detector hard wire).

Used an add-a-circuit fuse tap (mini) and followed some of the wire routing guides. Works great, and looks so much better.

11. Junior Member
      06-15-2018 06:34 AM #9
      I ended up using fuse tap add a circuits for both my constant and switched power. I used the 3rd mini fuse (5amp) on the top left for my constant power. I think this is for the security lift sensor. For switched power I used the 6th last mini fuse (10amp) on the bottom row of mini fuses. I think this is for one of the front headlight DRL. Ground was attached to the lower left bolt connected to the metal chassis. Been running it this way for about a week and a half with no problems to report.

12. Member
      Vehicles
      2015 Subaru WRX
      12-02-2019 09:08 AM #10
      I ended up using fuse tap add a circuits for both my constant and switched power. I used the 3rd mini fuse (5amp) on the top left for my constant power. I think this is for the security lift sensor. For switched power I used the 6th last mini fuse (10amp) on the bottom row of mini fuses. I think this is for one of the front headlight DRL. Ground was attached to the lower left bolt connected to the metal chassis. Been running it this way for about a week and a half with no problems to report.
      hmm... when i voltage tested the 3rd row of minis, i found most of them were 12V even with start button switched off.. but you guys say they are ignition only.. i wonder if when i open the door it automatically powers up those fuses.. i can't test it.. cause any time i am near the car or open the door, it will activate..
      2018 VW GTI SE
      2015 Subaru Forester XT
      1000+ Video GTI/WRX DIY Library

13. 12-05-2019 02:28 AM #11
      Hi everyone! I'm a little late to the party but I just bought a '19 Golf R two weeks ago.

For switched power I used the 6th last mini fuse (10amp) on the bottom row of mini fuses.
      I went with this one for my Valentine One. Problem is: the power cycles every time the car does a start/stop so I get to listen to the V1's startup beeps every time.

Perhaps instead of ignition, it might be better to use a fuse that's on whenever the accessories are on. I still haven't found a fuse map for this car. Suggestions, anyone?

14. Member
      Vehicles
      18 R TR DSG
      12-05-2019 09:33 AM #12
      Go to V1 website and get the BOB, Brown out Booster that may fix that issue. I did not get one for mine since I turn off the Auto stop start each time or run in DSG Manual. I believe you can also code out the auto stop start if you want.