VWVortex.com - Trying to Start VW/Audi Club in Middle Georgia !
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Trying to Start VW/Audi Club in Middle Georgia !

Vehicles
      2017 Gti S DSG
      06-14-2018 03:40 PM #1
      Anyone in the Middle Georgia area shoot me an email me or post a reply on here. Unfortunately I have been unable to find a group that meets in the Middle GA area and I am thinking we could start our own. I know there has to be at least a few people that might be interested so post on here or get in touch with me. I was thinking it could be a group for all VW and Audi enthusiasts. Old and New school would be welcome. Even if you don't currently have a VW or Audi but are interested in them, you are definitely welcome. The groups in Atlanta are great and I attend some of their events, but why not have our own based right her in Middle Georgia. My email is [email protected] and I am in Perry Ga. I look forward to hopefully hearing from some of you and let's plan a simple meet up.

Will

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Vehicles
      87 Scirocco GTX
      06-15-2018 10:30 PM #2
      There's one on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/820973058061174/

I know it's a couple hours away and last minute, but my Athens group is having a GTG on Saturday the 16th at 5:30pm:

https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...#post112141761

Mav.
      Last edited by VW Maverick; 06-15-2018 at 10:44 PM.

4. 08-06-2018 06:31 AM #3
      I'm in warner robins

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

6. 01-24-2019 03:17 AM #4
      Just saw your post looking for meets in mid GA and notice you had a 2017 GTI. If you aren't already in it already, we have a Facebook group here (facebook.com/groups/atlmk7) which has members all over Georgia. We post most our events on Instagram as if you don't use FB (@atlmk7)
      We are setting up meets at various locations to make it more convenient for people to get together.
      I know it isn't quite mid GA, but we do have a meet in Peachtree city on February 11th.
      Not sure how close you are to Macon and I haven't been to it, but heard there is a parking deck meet regularly.

While also not quite Mid Ga, Treffen south is worth checking out and location at Atlanta Motor Speedway.

There is also a watercooled chapter, if not more than one in Georgia, may be worth checking into.

If you want to start a club, feel free to ask me any questions, I'm by no means an expert but what I have learned is if you build it, and are committed to it, it will come. Also, look for a need to fill around you. There may be opportunity for a weekly meet that welcomes all in the area, or a VAG umbrella group for those falling south of Atlanta but north of Florida.

Best of luck! Hope to catch you around.