Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: car play and android auto

Vehicles
      R36 4Motion Wagon, MK6 Jetta SEL, 5N2 Tiguan SEL 4Motion
      07-04-2018 09:09 PM #26
      Every radio will need some kinda coding to suit the car as VW cars have different equipment such as Dynaudio, Fender audio, Rear view camera, Park Assist, Park distance control, and etc.

As for MIB2, requirements have to be meet for the radio to work in cars before 2015 and is gonna cost some $$$ to get there.
      Current: R36 4Motion Wagon, MK6 Jetta SEL, 5N2 Tiguan SEL 4Motion

Past: MK2 GTI 16v, MK4 GTI VR6, MK4 Jetta, B3 Passat GLX Wagon VR6, B3 Passat GLX Sedan VR6, B3 Passat GL Wagon 16v, B3 Passat GL Sedan 16v

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2013 tiguan
      07-04-2018 11:51 PM #27
      Since your Tiguan is a 2012 a RCD340 or 330 would probably be your best option. Nav and Sat radio won't work but you would get Android Auto / Apple Carplay / mirrorlink. The headunit also has bluetooth and mic built in so all you would have to do is connect to the headunit's bluetooth instead of the car's. It also looks and works like factory, like it looks proper and steering wheel controls and stuff work.
      Last edited by jasonmui; 07-04-2018 at 11:56 PM.

Vehicles
      2014 Audi A4, 2012 Tiguan SEL
      07-05-2018 01:17 PM #28
      Quote Originally Posted by jasonmui View Post
      Since your Tiguan is a 2012 a RCD340 or 330 would probably be your best option. Nav and Sat radio won't work but you would get Android Auto / Apple Carplay / mirrorlink. The headunit also has bluetooth and mic built in so all you would have to do is connect to the headunit's bluetooth instead of the car's. It also looks and works like factory, like it looks proper and steering wheel controls and stuff work.
      Thanks, that looks like the way to go.

5. 07-05-2018 02:14 PM #29
      Ok, So I also have a 2012 Tiguan SEL 4-motion. Our head unit has nav, bluetooth, etc. We do not have a backup camera. I would like to add one. The FAQ's for the Tiguan forum, have nothing in them... So, sorry for my ignorance.

It would be nice to upgrade to a newer head unit (factory), but I would want all of the functions to work. I have also ordered VCDS so if I need to get to the coding, I can. I dont even know the model of the head unit that we currently have. Thanks in advance for the replies. B

6. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2013 tiguan
      07-05-2018 05:19 PM #30
      Quote Originally Posted by Brad Boardwell View Post
      Ok, So I also have a 2012 Tiguan SEL 4-motion. Our head unit has nav, bluetooth, etc. We do not have a backup camera. I would like to add one. The FAQ's for the Tiguan forum, have nothing in them... So, sorry for my ignorance.

It would be nice to upgrade to a newer head unit (factory), but I would want all of the functions to work. I have also ordered VCDS so if I need to get to the coding, I can. I dont even know the model of the head unit that we currently have. Thanks in advance for the replies. B
      My 2013 Tiguan S also did not come with a backup camera. I ended up getting a cheap Chinese camera because it was cheap, https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1. The quality of the camera is fine but the fitment of the trunk handle itself is crap lol. You probably have a factory RNS-310/315 which should be plug and play if you swap for a RCD-340. But you need to keep in mind that my 2013 Tig is a S trim and not a SEL so idk if anything like dynaudio ect would give you trouble.

7. 07-21-2018 09:03 PM #31
      update on first page.

8. 09-23-2018 05:40 PM #32
      Got it to work finally

9. 04-10-2019 05:16 PM #33
      Anyone know if the RCD340 works with Fender audio?

10. 04-15-2019 04:22 PM #34
      Quote Originally Posted by Clod View Post
      Really looking for navigation, not so much car play. I keep reading conflicting info as to the ability for a plug and play option. If a RNS headset would work I would go with that but not sure if it would work without a lot of wiring changes.
      I went through a lot of effort buying a Tiguan with Nav but I have found it is easier to just plug the address into Apple or Google maps and use that for GPS. I like it better than my Nav. I put in a CD holder magnet to hold my phone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12