VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

2019 Jetta prices paid

65K views 253 replies 141 participants last post by  xparanoik 
#1 ·
Ok, let's see em'. Thinking of picking up an R-Line next year as our third vehicle so starting to follow this forum. Please...itemized breakouts are the most useful for this.

Trim + options
MSRP off the sticker (including accessories listed on the sticker)
-Discounts
+Accessories/adds
+TTL
Bottom-line OTD price

Warranties, service agreements, F&I garbage (did I say that?) can be shown but show it broken out.

Go!

#2 ·
2019 Jetta S, manual shift, no options, MSRP $19,395

This was a Costco Auto Program purchase. The car was so new (the second 2019 Jetta the dealer had delivered) the salesman didn’t have the Costco Price Sheet, and fumbled getting discount information. Eventually I was offered a $500 discount for the Costco Program, and an additional $1500 off if I financed the purchase; the latter may have been a VWoA dealer incentive, diverted to me.

I wasn’t interested in financing, but the salesman pointed out that I could take the discount and then pay the loan off immediately as there the loan would contain no prepayment penalties. The dealer’s F&I closer asked me to “make a few payments” so that the dealer would collect some money on the deal.

As soon as the loan appeared in my account on VW Credit’s website, I paid it off. VW Credit (to its credit) so promptly released its lien that California DMV issued the title document to me directly with no lienholder shown.

With discounts, the sales price was $ 17,395. Total OTD price (including sales tax, registration, and miscellaneous fees) was $ 19,362.50. About $16. in interest had accrued on the loan before it was discharged.

While I didn’t want or like the financing dance, I thought this was a pretty good deal.

#40 ·
Looking at leasing an SE. I barely drive it, so 7500k a year would work for me. Anyone have an idea of what reasonable numbers would be on this assuming just paying taxes/fees? I was originally quoted $275 for 36mo., but this seems high to me.
Looks like slimbox46 might have gotten a similar deal to what you are looking at assuming he has an SE. His 1,500 down most likely cancels out the additional mileage compared to what you are looking at. VWs really do not lease well unfortunately. Ever.

#10 ·
Without the full breakdown of Price, options, discounts, taxes, and fees, an out the door price is not very helpful. You need to see all the individual breakdown because every state is different, different taxes, title fees, every dealership charges their own doc fee, and so you can't make a fair assessment without the full picture. so, some of these replies are useless...

#12 ·
Agreed and why I asked for that in the OP - just a simple spreadsheet type table:

MSRP (off the sticker including any port-added accessories)

-discount

+dealer fees

+TTL

+F&I stuff (ext. warranty, pre-paid maintenance, wheel/tire, protection packages, etc.

OTD

#13 ·
2019 Jetta S 8-Speed Auto w/ Driver Assistance
+ Monster Mats
+ Roadside Assistance Kit
--
$20,965 sticker
-$2,000 reduction
$18,965 price paid
+
$1,345.05 taxes (7%)
$283.50 docs, title & reg
--
$20,593.55 off the lot.

Note: math adjusted to back-out value of trade-in and resulting tax adjustment, actual taxes paid based on post trade price.

#14 ·
When you trade a car in the dealer may show you more discount on paper than you are really getting or may be discounting the car more than they show you because they don't show you the "Actual Cash Value" of your car on the paperwork when you trade one in, so these numbers may be inflated one way or another, it's hard to tell without a lot of information about the trade. They just play with the numbers to make the deal work, and let the customer leave thinking they aren't getting screwed. When I sold cars there were lots of trades that came in where the ACV was $1, and then we would discount the car $500-$1000 to make them think we were giving them that much for the car, when the truth is they could have bought the car for the same price and kept their trade in.

#21 · (Edited)
Today the SO turned in her 2010 Jetta TDI for the buyback, and will get $18500.

She then picked up her 2019 Jetta SEL Premium. Price breakdown as follows:

Base 28115.00
Discount -2829.90
Estimated LTR fees: 419.25
WA sales tax: 2629.66
Doc fee: 150.00

OTD: 28484.01

Includes the heavy duty trunk liner and cargo blocks, roadside assistance kit, monster mats.

SO financed all but $1000, and plans to pay off the loan as soon as she receives the proceeds from the buyback. She really liked the 2010 car, and originally signed up for the fix. But when she saw the new model, and realized that she could get into it for a net $10k, her decision changed.

#22 ·
Second Jetta after turning in origional lease

Picking up my second Jetta tom. I had a 2015 1.8 SE for 3 years as a lease. Upgrading to a 2019 tom.

Car Trim: 2019 Jetta SEL
MSRP: $25,500 (W all season mats, heavy duty trunk liner and cargo plastic thingies and first aid kit)
Discount: $1,978
Adjusted Sale price: $23,522
Tax: $1078 (VA)
Tag Title: $109
Proc Fee: $699 (I know all VA dealer charge this much)

Total Paid: $25409.38 ( I financed this amount with my credit union)

#23 ·
2019 Jetta

MSRP: $25,585 (all season rubber mats, carpet mats, heavy duty trunk liner and cargo plastic blocks and road side kit)
Discount: 4605
Adjusted Sale price: $20980
Tax: $899.68
Tag Title: $116.11
Proc Fee: $699

Total Paid: $22694.79 VW Financing

#26 ·
MSRP: $25,585 (all season rubber mats, carpet mats, heavy duty trunk liner and cargo plastic blocks and road side kit)
Discount: 4605
Adjusted Sale price: $20980
Tax: $899.68
Tag Title: $116.11
Proc Fee: $699

Total Paid: $22694.79 VW Financing
$699 Proc. Fee? That's a nice profit!

#31 ·
It is. But the way I look at it every dealer needs to make a profit. So once I have the numbers worked out with the dealer and they move over to finance I just say I am not paying that processing fee and they give you the spew on how they have to charge it and I say no you don't etc... I tell them to take 700 off the otd price and you can figure out where to minus it from or I am leaving. I have only ever had one dealer let me walk, and it saved me money. But all in all I think I paid a reasonable out the door price for the 2019 Jetta SEL. I really don't care what or how the numbers are added up to please the dealer. I was pleased with my OTD price.

#33 ·
2019 Jetta SEL Premium Price

2019 Jetta SEL Premium (ordered on 6/30 arrived 8/21)
Habanero Orange (extra $295)
No other options. Never order one with all the stuff they offer. Order from Paramount Auto. Make an account. Put items in the cart, but don't check out. In a few days they will keep sending you offers until you get 50% off shipping. Ordered VW Trenton wheels for $900 for 4 with shipping no tax unless you live in NC.
Cost before taxes: $26,053
VW Partner program discount $500
Final cost before taxes: $25,553
Joesph VW in Cincinnati, OH

#34 ·
Hi,

Is http://www.paramountauto.com/ the correct site? I didn't see an option for making an account and ordering.

BTW, I'm jealous of your car. It's exactly what I want...love that Habanero Orange! Don't see many of those available.

Thanks!

2019 Jetta SEL Premium (ordered on 6/30 arrived 8/21)
Habanero Orange (extra $295)
No other options. Never order one with all the stuff they offer. Order from Paramount Auto. Make an account. Put items in the cart, but don't check out. In a few days they will keep sending you offers until you get 50% off shipping. Ordered VW Trenton wheels for $900 for 4 with shipping no tax unless you live in NC.
Cost before taxes: $26,053
VW Partner program discount $500
Final cost before taxes: $25,553
Joesph VW in Cincinnati, OH

#37 ·
Does this sound like a decent deal?

SEL-Premium
$28150
$3500 off
There are 1100 in fluff (paint protector, etc.) so really 2400 off

TTL and other fees are $1528 so total financed is $27,275.

Looking at $425/m lease (36 month, 12K miles, 0 down)

It's always so hard to tell if I'm getting ripped off...need Amazon for cars:laugh:

#38 · (Edited)
SEL-Premium
$28150
$3500 off
There are 1100 in fluff (paint protector, etc.) so really 2400 off

TTL and other fees are $1528 so total financed is $27,275.

Looking at $425/m lease (36 month, 12K miles, 0 down)

It's always so hard to tell if I'm getting ripped off...need Amazon for cars:laugh:
Seems pretty good. I looked at multiple lease scenarios. The 36 month with 12k/year (inc tax) was right around $420/month if i recall, and that was the highest I looked at.

I ended up leasing an SEL-P for $368/month including tax (48 month, 7.5k miles, 1st month down). I barely drive this thing so I can get away with the crazy lease (I only have 600 miles so far in 2 months of owning it)

#41 ·
2019 Jetta S Manual in Florida

Just bought a 2019 Jetta S manual on 8/30/18 in Florida, $16,416 (sale price + dealer fee profit). Probably could have gotten it for a few bucks less, but I think that was a fair price. Negotiated via email over a few days. Out the door with taxes it came to $17,574 (nearly all of that difference being sales tax of about $985). That was in the ballpark of the quotes I was getting elsewhere.

Happy with the car overall, replacing a 2001 Audi S4 B5 that after 18 years isn't viable as a daily driver at this point. In the garage now as a project car. The Jetta is about the same size, gets about twice the gas mileage, and is surprisingly quick (with roughly half the torque and hp, and about 1,000 lbs lighter than the Audi). For a base model car, it has just about everything I care about. The suspension could be a bit more firm, but for the driving I do here it is fine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.