VWVortex.com - Interesting Tale about ECS...
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

The Car Lounge
    Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Interesting Tale about ECS...

Vehicles
      '14 JKU Sahara, '93 Porsche 911 RSA, '92 LS2 Miata
      07-02-2018 05:42 PM #51
      Quote Originally Posted by madrussian View Post
      Im not familiar w/ the EIP tuning story, though I vaguely remember the logo I think... can anybody fill me in?
      Think almost Hennessey levels of deceit, but not stealing parts from one customer's car to be used on another's. I think they basically just bolted on turbos that made the cars go splodey, and sometimes kept customer cars disassembled in perpetuity.
      Quote Originally Posted by jackboots View Post
      Wow. Its like a bicep with six-pack abs made entirely of fists.

2. Remove Advertisements
      VWVortex.com
      Advertisements
      Vehicles
      01 MKIV Jetta 1.8t
      07-02-2018 05:50 PM #52
      Whenever "investors" acquire your company, start looking for another job immediately.....

4. Member
      Vehicles
      84 GTI
      07-02-2018 06:02 PM #53
      Quote Originally Posted by uberR32 View Post
      Think almost Hennessey levels of deceit, but not stealing parts from one customer's car to be used on another's. I think they basically just bolted on turbos that made the cars go splodey, and sometimes kept customer cars disassembled in perpetuity.
      I recall some "new" engines that turned out to be random junk parts inside

Vehicles
      2015 eGolfcart
      07-02-2018 06:10 PM #54
      Almost always order from ECS, the might not have the lowest prices, but I can always count on consistently high resolution photos of every product on their site (even if I don't order from them, I go there to see photos of the parts), the site is easy to navigate and user friendly. Everything has always shipped on time and arrive in new condition. I've got no complaints.
      2015 eGolf; 20,000mi/year, 80mi at a time #rangeisamyth

Vehicles
      2015 eGolfcart
      07-02-2018 06:11 PM #55
      Which one costs the most to maintain?

Vehicles
      Neverlose & Exhaust Ticking LS
      07-02-2018 06:26 PM #56
      On a scale from 1 to MJMAutohaus, where would EIP rank?
      Quote Originally Posted by SpaceHamster View Post
      Imagine the B4 Passat as the guinea pig/red headed step child that everyone hates.

8. I need new ones NeverEnoughCars's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Dodge, Toyota, VW, Ford
      07-02-2018 06:29 PM #57
      Quote Originally Posted by 2000JettaGLXVR6 View Post
      Which one costs the most to maintain?

The Audi probably
      Quote Originally Posted by Turbio! View Post
      Pedantry: winning arguments through exasperation since 1651. An Old World Tradition!
      "Now i am become death the destroyer of worlds."-bhagavad gita
      “Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” -T.S. Eliot

9. 07-02-2018 06:44 PM #58
      Quote Originally Posted by 2000JettaGLXVR6 View Post
      Almost always order from ECS, the might not have the lowest prices, but I can always count on consistently high resolution photos of every product on their site (even if I don't order from them, I go there to see photos of the parts), the site is easy to navigate and user friendly. Everything has always shipped on time and arrive in new condition. I've got no complaints.
      That has been my general experience with them as well. Last time I ordered parts, they sent me 4 or 5 shifter bottom covers instead of one. I got them on chat quickly, they issued a return shipping label immediately, and refunded the price of the part I did order for my trouble.

Vehicles
      15 GSW, 15 Passat Sport, 03 20th, 88 Cabby
      07-02-2018 07:06 PM #59
      Quote Originally Posted by NeverEnoughCars View Post
      The Audi probably
      That's what I was thinking too.

Vehicles
      Olga-vagon & Esmerelda
      07-02-2018 07:08 PM #60
      Quote Originally Posted by madrussian View Post
      Im not familiar w/ the EIP tuning story, though I vaguely remember the logo I think... can anybody fill me in?
      Quote Originally Posted by Gromel View Post
      I recall some "new" engines that turned out to be random junk parts inside
      Only website still up that kind of covers the story.

This is how they shipped the last thing I ever ordered from them:

I ordered two, got one on the first attempt and it was smashed to bits. Explained to the customer service rep that did the return/exchange how it was packaged, wrongly assuming they would maybe report it and it would get fixed. Second attempt ended with one of the mirrors shipped in a box, like the first, and then second mirror shipped in a soft plastic envelope. Both were damaged.
      Quote Originally Posted by Capt.Dreadz View Post
      This place is going to hell on a Thule roof rack.

12. Banner Advertiser ECS Tuning's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Modified Ones
      07-02-2018 07:16 PM #61
      A message from our CEO, Imran Jooma

My name is Imran Jooma and I want to take this opportunity to introduce myself as the CEO of ECS Tuning. In addition to addressing some concerns raised by a former employee in a recent Facebook post, I would like to provide an update on a number of initiatives we have undertaken at ECS and Turner Motorsport.

Since joining ECS late last year, I have worked closely with our team to explore ways for improving the business for associates and customers alike. My pledge to our current and prospective customers is that I am personally committed to creating a positive work environment for ECS and Turner Motorsport associates, which I am confident will result in a better shopping experience and allow us to exceed our customers’ expectations as their source for enthusiast-driven support.

I know you have many choices for maintaining and improving your car, but I want to earn your business and trust.

The integration of Turner Motorsport was not without its challenges. That said, I can assure you that we are committed to learning from that experience. What gives me confidence today and for our future is that we have and will continue to build a fantastic team of dedicated automotive-enthusiast associates that work tirelessly to help customers find the best products for their cars. In addition, we continue to partner with Turner Motorsport founder, Will Turner, and are committed to our sponsorship of the Turner Race Team, which is celebrating a big win at Watkins Glen this past weekend!

Over the last several months, we have enhanced the customer experience of our website, improved search capabilities, mobile layout, and focused on a user-centric design. In addition, we have invested heavily in our domestic R&D team to accelerate the introduction of new and exciting products. At the same time, we’ve increased the size of customer service staff and are making sure they are trained to effectively take care of our customers. Specifically, we are working to address a number of concerns regarding fulfillment that were brought to our attention by our valued customers. On the customer-engagement side of our business, we successfully hosted sweepstakes to giveaway two fully built cars to our valued customers.

Yes, we received an investment from a private equity sponsor, but that is not who we are. We are 300+ real people striving to exceed customer expectations, developing an enjoyable place to work together, and building sustainable win/win relationships with the vendors that make so many of the parts we all love. We are real people, enthusiasts and plain old hard-working people just like you.

To any former associates who still carry any resentment over their time at ECS and Turner Motorsport, I am sorry about your experience. I can assure you that things have changed and continue to get better every day for our associates. Like the associates who have recently rejoined the ECS team, we invite you back so we can show you around. We are not perfect, just committed to improving every single day!

-Imran Jooma

-James
      Last edited by ECS Tuning; 07-03-2018 at 12:55 PM.
      ECS Tuning your #1 source for all things German automotive
      Customer Service Hours: M - F 8:00am - 8:00pm EST | Saturday: 10:00am - 7:00pm EST
      Sales Team Hours: M - F 8:00am - 11:00pm EST | Saturday: 10:00am - 7:00pm EST
      [email protected] | [email protected]

Vehicles
      12 Golf R, 04 VW R32, 16 MX-5 Club
      07-02-2018 07:18 PM #62
      And if love remains, though everything is lost, we will pay the price but will not count the cost. -Neil Peart
      All hands, abandon ship!! Repeat, all hands abandon ship!!!!!
      I'm addicted to track!
      I'll stop "Hatin'" when YOU stop acting like a jackass.

Vehicles
      4-door Mustang GT 4.6L
      07-02-2018 07:21 PM #63
      Here is a thread from Vortex R32 forum https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?3311353 . Some crazy isht happened there, that's for sure. As much as it's a nightmare, etc. those stories seem to be somewhat interesting to me. You can see what is really going on in those places, because what's on the outside sometimes tends to be a complete opposite.

Vehicles
      MK4 R32, F30 320i
      07-02-2018 08:08 PM #64
      Quote Originally Posted by ECS Tuning View Post

This message can also be found on his Facebook page (LINK) please feel free to comment on it as he can/will respond.

-James
      Posting that letter to the ECS Facebook page would go a much longer way than posting it to a shell of a personal profile that looks to have been created a few hours ago with a whopping 2 people on the friends list (employees of ECS at that)
      The Car Lounge summed up

Quote Originally Posted by Fined View Post
      lots of people who post on this forum are not car OR driving enthusiasts. they just come here and post tirades/smarmy comebacks

Flickr™
      DubCult.

07-02-2018 08:09 PM #65
      Quote Originally Posted by ECS Tuning View Post

My name is Imran Jooma and I want to take this opportunity to introduce myself as the CEO of ECS Tuning. In addition to addressing some concerns raised by a former employee in a recent Facebook post, I would like to provide an update on a number of initiatives we have undertaken at ECS and Turner Motorsport.

Since joining ECS late last year, I have worked closely with our team to explore ways for improving the business for associates and customers alike. My pledge to our current and prospective customers is that I am personally committed to creating a positive work environment for ECS and Turner Motorsport associates, which I am confident will result in a better shopping experience and allow us to exceed our customers’ expectations as their source for enthusiast-driven support.

I know you have many choices for maintaining and improving your car, but I want to earn your business and trust.

The integration of Turner Motorsport was not without its challenges. That said, I can assure you that we are committed to learning from that experience. What gives me confidence today and for our future is that we have and will continue to build a fantastic team of dedicated automotive-enthusiast associates that work tirelessly to help customers find the best products for their cars. In addition, we continue to partner with Turner Motorsport founder, Will Turner, and are committed to our sponsorship of the Turner Race Team, which is celebrating a big win at Watkins Glen this past weekend!

Over the last several months, we have enhanced the customer experience of our website, improved search capabilities, mobile layout, and focused on a user-centric design. In addition, we have invested heavily in our domestic R&D team to accelerate the introduction of new and exciting products. At the same time, we’ve increased the size of customer service staff and are making sure they are trained to effectively take care of our customers. Specifically, we are working to address a number of concerns regarding fulfillment that were brought to our attention by our valued customers. On the customer-engagement side of our business, we successfully hosted sweepstakes to giveaway two fully built cars to our valued customers.

Yes, we received an investment from a private equity sponsor, but that is not who we are. We are 300+ real people striving to exceed customer expectations, developing an enjoyable place to work together, and building sustainable win/win relationships with the vendors that make so many of the parts we all love. We are real people, enthusiasts and plain old hard-working people just like you.

To any former associates who still carry any resentment over their time at ECS and Turner Motorsport, I am sorry about your experience. I can assure you that things have changed and continue to get better every day for our associates. Like the associates who have recently rejoined the ECS team, we invite you back so we can show you around. We are not perfect, just committed to improving every single day!

-Imran Jooma

This message can also be found on his Facebook page (LINK) please feel free to comment on it as he can/will respond.

-James
      Well I guess that fixes everything (add as much sarcasm as needed).
      2017 C43 | 2001 Cabrio VR-T | 1995 GTI VR6
      A2Resource |

FS: MK3.5 Mirrors

07-02-2018 08:12 PM #66
      Quote Originally Posted by aar0n. View Post
      Posting that letter to the ECS Facebook page would go a much longer way than posting it to a shell of a personal profile that looks to have been created a few hours ago with a whopping 2 people on the friends list (employees of ECS at that)
      The comments are pure gold though, wheres my michael jackson gif when i need one
      A2Resource |

Vehicles
      '18 Volvo V60CC
      07-02-2018 08:17 PM #67
      So what are some good companies to buy VW/ Euro parts from?

Vehicles
      04.5 Redemption GLI
      07-02-2018 08:21 PM #68
      Quote Originally Posted by aar0n. View Post
      Agree completely with this, a promise made from the main platform itself is what should have happened. Addressing the group directly, and narrowly, doesn’t assure anyone that ECS will stand for its customers, and address their concerns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

07-02-2018 08:23 PM #69
      Quote Originally Posted by Aonarch View Post
      VW does still sell parts at the dealer

1stvwparts is always solid
      germanautoparts
      havent got anything from potter in a while, but they were always good in the past (https://parts4vws.com/)
      A2Resource |

21. Member
      Vehicles
      81 Rabbit, 85 Gti, 94 Jetta, 87 Gti16V, and 01 Gti.
      07-02-2018 08:27 PM #70
      Quote Originally Posted by phil123 View Post
      VW does still sell parts at the dealer

1stvwparts is always solid
      germanautoparts
      havent got anything from potter in a while, but they were always good in the past (https://parts4vws.com/)
      Well there's a couple problems with those suggestions, GAP just went belly up and finding parts for any Vw older than a Mk3 isn't going to happen at your local dealer.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

Vehicles
      2015 eGolfcart
      07-02-2018 08:39 PM #71
      Quote Originally Posted by NeverEnoughCars View Post
      The Audi probably
      Ding Ding Ding

Vehicles
      Several.
      07-02-2018 08:46 PM #72
      Quote Originally Posted by phil123 View Post
      The comments are pure gold though, wheres my michael jackson gif when i need one

Vehicles
      LS & Bags...
      07-02-2018 08:47 PM #73
      Quote Originally Posted by Aonarch View Post
      Apparently a lot of people are suggesting FCPEuro - https://www.fcpeuro.com/

Quote Originally Posted by 03_uni-B View Post
      Agree completely with this, a promise made from the main platform itself is what should have happened. Addressing the group directly, and narrowly, doesn’t assure anyone that ECS will stand for its customers, and address their concerns.
      Couldn't agree more and it's a bad look when apparently there's 2 profiles on facebook for Imran. The one they just made, and then his real one.

Also, one of their "writers" is attempting damage control on the group by answering and responding, but truthfully might be digging their hole deeper.

Might be a good case study on how not to deal with fallout on social media in the future.

Unfortunately, I think ownership at ECS chose money over everything else quite some time ago, which is even more disheartening considering their personal beliefs and values outside of the workplace, and struggle to see how those two can co-exist. I feel bad for their old man Andy, because he was/is top notch, but I'm not sure at the end of the day that he would be very proud that Euro Car Service ended up where ECS is now...

07-02-2018 08:56 PM #74
      Quote Originally Posted by dviking mk2 View Post
      Well there's a couple problems with those suggestions, GAP just went belly up and finding parts for any Vw older than a Mk3 isn't going to happen at your local dealer.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk
      Did they?! GAP that is, i thought they were just moving locations, damn that sucks. I have lots of duplicate and triplicate for my MK3's
      A2Resource |

Vehicles
      Group B WRC, Group A DTM, and BHRC Cat 3.
      07-02-2018 09:03 PM #75
      ECS has sucked for many years.
      Always listing parts "in stock" on the website.
      After placing the order, and paying for all of the parts (multiple times)...you get a reply. akin to "not all of the parts you ordered are currently in stock...."
      They can get bent,
      If you have a 5 cylinder, you don't need a stereo.

What is a Homologation car you ask?
      http://www.fia.com/list-previously-homologated-cars

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast