Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Cabin Filter

1. n00b
      Vehicles
      2018 V6 SEL Premium with 4MOTION
      07-14-2018 03:14 AM #1
      Hi All!

I searched the forum with no success so I figured that I would ask if anyone has replaced the cabin filter yet (assuming there is one)? If so, where is it located and how do you access it? I have a V6 SEL Premium with 4MOTION® and tried to remove the glove compartment with no success. I removed the visible screws and could not get it to rotate out. I do not want to pull too hard since the NAV DVD is located there.

Any help would be awesome! Thanks!
      Last edited by ace20ri; 07-14-2018 at 07:30 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. n00b
      Vehicles
      2018 V6 SEL Premium with 4MOTION
      07-14-2018 07:36 AM #2
      Ended up discovering this thread via Google...not sure why searching the forum turned up zero results (I keyword searched filter, pollen, dust). I copied my response to that thread here just in case this thread shows up using the forum search function.

I used iCloud Public Photo share so I would use the slideshow for easy viewing. I added some simple instructions in each photo so hopefully it helps. Oh and please do not judge the husky fur all over the floor. My two Siberian huskies are part of the reason the dust/pollen/cabin filter needs replaced after only 7756 miles traveled.

Direct link: https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0C5yeZFh31nLa

4. 07-15-2018 09:17 AM #3
      Very useful picture write up. Frommthe pictures and the model number you listed, it seem VW equips the Atlas from factory with a simple paper filter with no carbon for odor removal. If you want you can upgrade to a version of the filter with carbon. PN 5Q0819653

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

6. Member
      Vehicles
      2018 VW Atlas SEL Premium; 1997 Acura NSX; 2009 Toyota Camry; 2013 Jayco 29KS RV
      07-15-2018 12:16 PM #4
      Very nice job on a step by step pictorial on how to do this task. My US Warranty and Maintenance Manual says this is an every 2 year or 40k procedure.
      Thanks again for the text and arrows on the Pics, that makes it very easy to understand.

7. 09-20-2019 03:42 PM #5
      Right. Me, too. I searched using DIY, Cabin Air Filter replacement, etc. etc. and did not find any threads either. The YouTube video does not show the tabs as well as your photos do. Nice job. Mentioning the carbon added filter for odor removal is a good point, as well as the km interval. Thank you.