VWVortex.com - What Did You Do to Your MK7 Jetta Today?
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 1 of 79 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: What Did You Do to Your MK7 Jetta Today?

Vehicles
      2008 VW R32, 2019 Jetta R-Line
      07-30-2018 07:57 PM #1
      starting a thread for any mods or little things you do to your jetta to make it yours
      did yellow fog overlay using two lamin-x 8x8 sheets

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. Junior Member
      08-01-2018 06:58 PM #2
      I drove it like i stole it and enjoyed every minute of it

4. Junior Member
      08-01-2018 08:39 PM #3
      My wheels are getting put on this weekend, will post once they're put on.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

6. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2019 Jetta R-Line (Pure White), 2016 Jetta Comfortline, 2012 BMW M3
      08-02-2018 01:32 PM #4
      Removed that damn stealership decal they slapped on the trunk lid and removed the dealer plate covers advertising them, lol. As I literally bought my 2019 R-Line last night, that's all I've had time to do. I'll get tints done soon enough.

Vehicles
      08-02-2018 01:52 PM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by MetahFourGenome View Post
      Removed that damn stealership decal they slapped on the trunk lid and removed the dealer plate covers advertising them, lol. As I literally bought my 2019 R-Line last night, that's all I've had time to do. I'll get tints done soon enough.
      yea cant stand the dealer usual BS decal package lol and tint is next in my list. just did carista on the car to fix a few quirks i had too. also just got in a set of lowering springs for the car so ill see how they fare.

8. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      08-02-2018 01:57 PM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by WUMBO_ING_R32 View Post
      yea cant stand the dealer usual BS decal package lol and tint is next in my list. just did carista on the car to fix a few quirks i had too. also just got in a set of lowering springs for the car so ill see how they fare.
      Was looking at Carista's list of tweaks. May I ask what quirks you're thinking/hoping of fixing on yours? I see we both have R-Lines (albeit mine's pure white), nice. Did yours come with the Viper wheels like mine or...? What brand springs did you get as I don't think H&R makes them for the 2019's yet?

Lemme know how the ride is after the spings are in place too please. I ask because I went with lowering springs on my M3 and was the WORST drive of my life and quickly swapped them out for coilovers. Way more $$$, but God damn it was worth it on ride alone, lol. I may put coilovers in this one too, but as it's my daily I may not bother.

Vehicles
      08-02-2018 02:05 PM #7
      Was looking at Carista's list of tweaks. May I ask what quirks you're thinking/hoping of fixing on yours? I see we both have R-Lines (albeit mine's pure white), nice. Did yours come with the Viper wheels like mine or...? What brand springs did you get as I don't think H&R makes them for the 2019's yet?

Lemme know how the ride is after the spings are in place too please. I ask because I went with lowering springs on my M3 and was the WORST drive of my life and quickly swapped them out for coilovers. Way more $$$, but God damn it was worth it on ride alone, lol. I may put coilovers in this one too, but as it's my daily I may not bother.
      Yep mine came with viper wheels too, and a few quirks were things like the auto shut off while stationary, unlock all doors when i grab the handle, unlock the light and wiper/mirror menus, remote closing features. there arnt a ton of feautres imo. And with measuring the stock suspension, its very close if not exactly the same as a mk7 golf TDI. ill do a full write up on the ride quality and other specs once installed (if they work properly) and trust me i had spring on my r32 for about 4 months before i got sick of it and went to AST Coils. but with how soft the OEM struts are i would venture to say the lowering springs may not ride that bad.

10. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      08-02-2018 03:01 PM #8
      Quote Originally Posted by WUMBO_ING_R32 View Post
      Yep mine came with viper wheels too, and a few quirks were things like the auto shut off while stationary, unlock all doors when i grab the handle, unlock the light and wiper/mirror menus, remote closing features. there arnt a ton of feautres imo. And with measuring the stock suspension, its very close if not exactly the same as a mk7 golf TDI. ill do a full write up on the ride quality and other specs once installed (if they work properly) and trust me i had spring on my r32 for about 4 months before i got sick of it and went to AST Coils. but with how soft the OEM struts are i would venture to say the lowering springs may not ride that bad.
      Cool, looking forward to your feedback then. You're using Carista now, right? Noticed the site only lists up to MK6 right now, so I'm curious if it's compatible with this 2019 platform. Thanks.

Vehicles
      08-02-2018 03:23 PM #9
      Cool, looking forward to your feedback then. You're using Carista now, right? Noticed the site only lists up to MK6 right now, so I'm curious if it's compatible with this 2019 platform. Thanks.
      Yep, our cars are supported by carista but its a limited amount of options we have to choose from compared to older more tested platforms. there is a beta test ongoing right now with carista for new functionality with our vehicles

12. Member
      08-08-2018 06:03 PM #10
      I make them take it off before delivery each time. They have the fukin tools anyway (heatgun etc)

13. Junior Member
      08-08-2018 07:19 PM #11
      Finally getting my new wheels put on my SEL-P. Went back and forth with tire rack for weeks. Very excited though. Should make the car look a heck of a lot better.

14. Member
      08-09-2018 02:59 PM #12
      Quote Originally Posted by bk1287 View Post
      Finally getting my new wheels put on my SEL-P. Went back and forth with tire rack for weeks. Very excited though. Should make the car look a heck of a lot better.
      Excited to see a pic; not many with aftermarket rims yet

15. Junior Member
      08-09-2018 03:59 PM #13
      Quote Originally Posted by ice4life View Post
      Excited to see a pic; not many with aftermarket rims yet
      They're going to be put on Saturday. Will take pics.

Vehicles
      2019 Jetta SE
      08-09-2018 04:30 PM #14
      I have an SE...is it possible to put on higher model homelink/dimming mirror...plug and play? Or is there more to it?

17. 08-09-2018 09:57 PM #15
      My carista just arrived from Amazon today.
      There are not much options to really pick from.

I'm able to roll up the windows holding the lock button but they wont roll down D:
      Wish it had the option to be able to access car settings while driving.
      Passenger side mirrors wont tilt downward when in reverse.

Vehicles
      08-10-2018 09:29 AM #16
      Quote Originally Posted by MVAlbany View Post

I'm able to roll up the windows holding the lock button but they wont roll down D:

There are few features because of how new the car is. More will roll out over time. Mirror tilt kinda worked for my car but the window thing deff worked for me.

19. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2019 Jetta SEL Premium in White Silver
      08-10-2018 11:04 AM #17
      Quote Originally Posted by MVAlbany View Post

Interesting that you don't get many options - I did the following with Carista:
      • Disable auto start/stop, Method A (12.1V)
      • Allow "tuner" settings in MMI while car is in motion
      • Allow Configuring daytime running lights via dash display
      • Show A/C blower speed when in auto

The "tuner" settings one allows you to access the "Settings" menu when you are on the radio part of the infotainment display. I emailed the company about the "Car" menu and the vehicle "Settings" menus - they said they weren't sure why I didn't get those options, but they would investigate.

I also enabled "mirror dip", but it didn't work correctly until I joined their beta program and got access to their upcoming version - when i enabled it then, it did work. When it does come out, you will need to enable these three options:
      • Menu for lowering passenger side mirror when in reverse gear
      • Allow lowering passenger side mirror when in reverse gear
      • Remember position when lowering passenger-side mirror in reverse gear (Step 1 of 2)
      • Remember position when lowering passenger-side mirror in reverse gear (Step 2 of 2)

This is on an SEL-Premium
      Last edited by Steve28; 08-10-2018 at 11:06 AM. Reason: typo

Vehicles
      2019 Jetta R-Line
      08-10-2018 02:12 PM #18
      I finally got around to wrapping the VW black,, and got color matched Platinum Grey sticker inserts from a company i found on instagram, (@kliimw)

21. Junior Member
      08-10-2018 02:26 PM #19

Tint

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22. Junior Member
      08-11-2018 02:01 PM #20
      New Wheels

(Click on it and it will be bigger).

23. Semi-n00b
      08-12-2018 05:20 AM #21
      What size are the wheels?

24. Junior Member
      08-12-2018 09:04 AM #22
      17’s

25. Semi-n00b
      08-12-2018 09:21 AM #23
      17’s
      They look nice, kind of similar to Audi wheels. I’m in between 18’s or 19’s for mine but waiting to see what other people put on their Jettas and how they look

26. Junior Member
      08-12-2018 09:36 AM #24
      Quote Originally Posted by jriv208 View Post
      They look nice, kind of similar to Audi wheels. I’m in between 18’s or 19’s for mine but waiting to see what other people put on their Jettas and how they look

Appreciate it, yeah, they're basically replicas of the black optics wheels on Audi's. We have a ton of potholes where I live in NY, so for me, 17's were ideal. If not, I would've gone bigger.

27. Semi-n00b
      08-12-2018 10:24 AM #25
      Appreciate it, yeah, they're basically replicas of the black optics wheels on Audi's. We have a ton of potholes where I live in NY, so for me, 17's were ideal. If not, I would've gone bigger.
      Makes sense

Page 1 of 79 123451151 ... LastLast