VWVortex.com - TSI Intake Manifold with new hose in kit
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: TSI Intake Manifold with new hose in kit

1. n00b
      Vehicles
      1962 VW Type III Notchback, 2002 VW Golf, 2011 JSW TDI 6MT, 2015 VW R-Line 2.0T 6MT
      08-27-2018 05:52 PM #1
      Hello,

The original intake manifold on our 2015 CC TSi failed by the flap control bell crank to flap shaft popping out of the retaining boss.
      The dealer sold a kit with the manifold version -BH, plus a M6 pan head screw, injector seal kits, a bottle of additive and a hose.

I changed the manifold and cleaned the valves this weekend.
      However, I did not see where to put the hose and screw.
      It is a very detailed path hose (P/N 06H133583F) with a rubber end to connect to a port and a splined female recessed connector on the other end. Air would not blow through the hose.

Where does this hose go?

The car runs very well without it.

Cleaning the valves seems to be the cure for a cold rough idle problem.

Should I install the hose once I find out where it goes or return it for the $37.26 cost?

Regards to all.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Vehicles
      Mk1, Mk2, Mk6, SR5 4x4
      08-31-2018 01:18 PM #2
      This is an intake for the actuator with a small filter at the end. I replaced my intake manifold with the new revision and got this part as well however I wasn't sure how its routed so I put in on and routed it underneath the airbox. I dont think this is correct but it isnt harming anything. I googled the part number and found this. Looks like it routes up to above the cam/valve cover.

https://www.drive2.ru/l/499518578932842909/

Vehicles
      66 Mustang, 02 Golf TDI 5 sp, 05 Jetta TDI 5 sp, 07 Passat Wagon 2.0T Auto
      10-08-2018 10:43 AM #3
      ECS sells this kit and their description states that the other end of the hose should be bolted to the head, between ignition coils on cylinders 2 & 3.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...133201bh1ktkt/

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Vehicles
      '11 GTI,
      10-30-2018 09:03 AM #4
      I saw this hose on my car, the plastic cap thing in it is disintegrating. I thought maybe this is where my system lean code is coming from. I tried blowing in it but no air goes through it. Always wondered what it was for.
      It go down in the DM

Vehicles
      2005 GTI 1.8t, 2008.5 Passat 2.0 TSI, 2012 Routan S
      10-30-2018 09:40 PM #5
      I paid for this hose when I did my intake manifold replacement too. Was pissed when I found out I paid for a hose that doesnt actually do anything (atleast I dont think it does, as mentioned above one end seems completely closed).
      Was actually just debating the other day if I should disconnect it and put a vacuum cap on the new manifold line

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

8. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      Vw Jetta Gli '12
      11-01-2018 08:44 AM #6
      Here are some picture of the hose he is talking about.
      This is the official place for this hose, got the updated intake manifold installed at dealership, this was not there before.

9. 11-01-2018 03:10 PM #7
      I installed the new intake a few weeks back. I did place the filter in the proper place between 2 & 3 coils. I am still getting a P2015 code. Any thoughts on what might be wrong yet? I checked electrical connections, everything seems to be connected. Mileage has improved significantly since the replacement, despite the code.

10. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      Vw Jetta Gli '12
      11-02-2018 09:54 AM #8
      @tinfarn, check here for the possible solutions.
      ---
      Possible Causes
      • Intake Manifold Flap faulty
      • Intake Manifold Flap Motor (V157) stuck/faulty
      • Engine Control Module Software/Firmware Version faulty
      • Wiring and/or Connector(s) from/to Intake Manifold Flap Motor (V157) faulty

Here are the steps they followed when installing the new intake manifold at the dealership...
      I put the areas where you might have made a mistake in the procedure in bold.
      1. Remove Intake Manifold
      2. Replace Injector Seal Kit On 4 Cylinders
      3. Interchange parts from old manifold to new manifold
      4. Install new intake manifold
      5. ?Clean Air line?
      6. Erase DTCs and ?adapt intake manifold flap unit = OL "MHO"? <== This is probably done in VagCom.

11. 11-20-2018 08:35 AM #9
      So I started a thread on this yesterday, I like this one because this is exactly what I needed.
      VeeDouble, where does that hose near the runner flap arm actually go? I tried feeling around for that other nipple on the other side of the arm linkage, but now that the new intake manifold is in it's being difficult.

I'll try it again tonight.
      Also, the screw hole on the top of the head for mine isn't tapped, does anyone know if I can make threads as I go?

12. 11-21-2018 08:36 AM #10
      Quote Originally Posted by DelawareDogs View Post
      So I started a thread on this yesterday, I like this one because this is exactly what I needed.
      VeeDouble, where does that hose near the runner flap arm actually go? I tried feeling around for that other nipple on the other side of the arm linkage, but now that the new intake manifold is in it's being difficult.

I'll try it again tonight.
      Also, the screw hole on the top of the head for mine isn't tapped, does anyone know if I can make threads as I go?
      I got it, found the extra vacuum line and routed the hose where I thought was best.

13. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      Vw Jetta Gli '12
      11-30-2018 05:28 PM #11
      Great!
      Sorry I didn't see your message on time.

14. 09-11-2019 11:54 PM #12
      Hi. I just installed the revised manifold and the P2015 code disappeared but now I'm getting P2008 any ideas?