Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Need help p0134 r32

1. Member
      Vehicles
      2004 .:R32 - 2009 Audi A3 3.2 S-Line - 2014 Touareg R line
      05-09-2019 10:05 AM #76
      Quote Originally Posted by FJ&R View Post
      This is great news.

So can you please sum up for the future no activity victims exactly what happened and how you solved it in one post. Thanks.
      Yes I will edit and update my original post. I honestly do not know what solved it.... also still waiting donít trust anything lol. Closing in on 1,000 miles though. It could have also somehow been a residual code and one more clear just got rid of it as the ecu adjusted to the headers? I really donít know. But Iím not comparing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. Member
      Vehicles
      MK4 R32, MK2 GTIi 8V, '17 Ford RAPTOR, '91 Wrangler
      05-09-2019 04:44 PM #77
      Quote Originally Posted by Rhodyvr6 View Post
      Yes I will edit and update my original post. I honestly do not know what solved it.... also still waiting donít trust anything lol. Closing in on 1,000 miles though. It could have also somehow been a residual code and one more clear just got rid of it as the ecu adjusted to the headers? I really donít know. But Iím not comparing

I think you're right about the stored code. Could have been dirty connector the whole time, but i think it woulds be helpful to people even it it narrows it down to 2 causes
      Last edited by FJ&R; 05-09-2019 at 04:58 PM.

4. Member
      Vehicles
      05-17-2019 04:00 PM #78
      Surprise! Code came back today, one and only code per usual. It happened after a long drive and then I idled it for a bit. Over 1200 miles before it came back... I cleared it again going to swap new sensor in and clean up wiring when I have a chance. At this point if I get 1500 miles each time I donít even care, I can make it through emissions then... what a pain in the ass.

Whatever it is, not the same as last summer as the code has come up twice now at idle, before it was ALWAYS while cruising at a steady speed. Iíll get a smoke tester eventually.

5. Member
      Vehicles
      05-18-2019 12:01 PM #79
      Replaced sensor w Bosch, cleared codes and cleaned up and recovered all wiring... will see how long she lasts now...

6. Member
      Vehicles
      2004 VW Golf R32
      05-18-2019 01:48 PM #80
      Quote Originally Posted by Rhodyvr6 View Post
      Replaced sensor w Bosch, cleared codes and cleaned up and recovered all wiring... will see how long she lasts now...

Wow that is disheartening. Sorry to hear that. If it makes you feel any better ive been slaving away in the garage last night to get my new steering rack installed. The hardest part was locating the correct parts! Took me about 3 weeks because I got sent the wrong rack twice! Getting an alignment in about an hour. This is going to be a fun drive there lol.

7. Member
      Vehicles
      05-18-2019 02:17 PM #81
      Quote Originally Posted by RyansR32 View Post
      Wow that is disheartening. Sorry to hear that. If it makes you feel any better ive been slaving away in the garage last night to get my new steering rack installed. The hardest part was locating the correct parts! Took me about 3 weeks because I got sent the wrong rack twice! Getting an alignment in about an hour. This is going to be a fun drive there lol.
      Hahaha

Will see how the new sensor fairs... is what it is, annoying but Iíll figure it out eventually I guess.

8. Member
      Vehicles
      05-21-2019 09:06 AM #82
      Super bummer man. I'm stumped. I mean, mine comes back once a year but its only after I cook the gaskets again. Whatever leaks you found, it liked it, so I would still guess a post MAF vacuum leak. If you can bring the car to York I can hook you up with a smoke machine.

Good luck

9. Member
      Vehicles
      05-21-2019 09:33 PM #83
      Super bummer man. I'm stumped. I mean, mine comes back once a year but its only after I cook the gaskets again. Whatever leaks you found, it liked it, so I would still guess a post MAF vacuum leak. If you can bring the car to York I can hook you up with a smoke machine.

Good luck
      Appreciate the offer man! Maybe Iíll take a cruise one day this summer! Wouldnít be surprised if a brittle hose somewhere Iíve not found has a leak... overall Iím not nearly as agitated as I was seeing as though it is WAY better then it was. So Long as I can pass inspection, whatever. I will find and fix it eventually for sure.

10. Member
      Vehicles
      05-21-2019 09:34 PM #84
      I have driven maybe 75 miles so far since swapping the sensor out w a brand new one. I had not yet done this as the last sensor I tossed in was used... so we will see if that does anything to, canít hurt at least

11. Member
      Vehicles
      2004 VW Golf R32
      06-09-2019 06:58 PM #85
      Well I found a deal i couldn't resist on some milltek headers. I also found a crack in my crankcase breather hose so i will be replacing that as well. Does anybody have any tips or advice on installing these headers? I think I'm going to end up having to use the sawzall on the down pipes to make my life a little easier. Seeing as i can see the cracks in my flex pipe and hear them and between the breather hose, I'm hoping this cures my woes for this code.

12. Member
      Vehicles
      06-10-2019 08:27 AM #86
      No advice on install but order extra gaskets from ECS now while they have them.

13. Member
      Vehicles
      2004 VW Golf R32
      06-12-2019 07:19 PM #87
      No advice on install but order extra gaskets from ECS now while they have them.
      Are you referring to the down pipe to manifold gaskets?

14. Member
      Vehicles
      06-14-2019 08:13 AM #88
      Are you referring to the down pipe to manifold gaskets?
      Yes 2 come with the set up, but order extra as they don't last long. ECS recently started selling them separate. They are diamond shaped.

15. Member
      Vehicles
      Today 07:34 PM #89
      Well I found a deal i couldn't resist on some milltek headers. I also found a crack in my crankcase breather hose so i will be replacing that as well. Does anybody have any tips or advice on installing these headers? I think I'm going to end up having to use the sawzall on the down pipes to make my life a little easier. Seeing as i can see the cracks in my flex pipe and hear them and between the breather hose, I'm hoping this cures my woes for this code.
      If you cut the oem downpipes then itís really not bad at all.

Remove intake manifold and everything associated with that by pulling the front end slightly forward after removing the bumper and support etc... plenty of room no reason to drain coolant and completely remove etc. I cut my downpipes w a grinder, cut the weld that holds the two together making them two separate pipes like the milltek... doing this allowed me to save them, and they come right out that way. No need to lower the subframe or anything crazy like that if you do this route. Good luck dude! Itís really not too bad just time consuming!

16. Member
      Vehicles
      Today 07:36 PM #90
      Also another update... probably close to 800-1000 miles again since replacing the 02 sensor... no issues as of yet... my mpg seems to be slightly better too on the highway for sure. My buddy has a cheap but effective smoke machine now so if it comes back again we will go leak hunting!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234