Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: FS: 1997 Jetta TD w/ matching parts car

1. Member
      Vehicles
      MK7 Golf TDI
      09-15-2018 06:22 PM #1
      hello. i'm looking to sell my pair of mk3 Jetta TD's. one is a project car that i bought from someone else... drove for maybe 2500km, blew a turbo, had it replaced, and now has been sitting in my garage for a good 7-8 years at least. body is rust free from what i can tell, though i haven't tried looking under. the second car i was using as a daily up until about 3 years ago when i got a newer car with an auto transmission, so my gf could drive also. both of these are manual.

i've included an album of both cars. both cars aren't movable at the moment, or else i would have tried to get better pictures. i've also included some pictures of the project car that were taken before it was parked.

i really don't want to get rid of them but i just don't have the space to keep them anymore. a couple years ago i moved to a smaller house where driveway space is a luxury i don't have anymore.

i would try to list all the modifications to the project car but i don't even remember anymore, it's been so long.

i know i'll never get anywhere near what i paid... but the best reasonable offer will get them. i prefer to sell them as a pair. the parts car body isnt good but the engine was running great before i parked it. both cars can be made to run again.

here is the album: https://imgur.com/a/yCzYoPG

edit: forgot to mention i'm located in St Thomas, Ontario....15 minutes from London.
      Last edited by okanTDI; 09-15-2018 at 06:46 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. 09-17-2018 03:57 PM #2
      as per rules, please post an asking price - even a ballpark. Thanks.
      --
      2016 Discount Brand S3 | 2006 Ford Five Hundy | 1987 Peugeot PB-18 | 1986 Mid-Engine Supercar

4. Member
      Vehicles
      MK7 Golf TDI
      09-17-2018 04:45 PM #3
      I plan to update this post and format it better ASAP. As for ballpark prices... the green car on its own has an offer on the engine for $500... but I don’t really want to deal with the body afterward so I’m valuing it around $800. The black (dark purple) car without audio equipment I’m valuing for around $2600, considering the wheels alone are worth 800-1200 (kerscher carmonas). The audio equipment I cant really put a number on as I haven’t looked at prices. But there are a couple decent alpine head units, a custom sub box with three 12” subs. Some JL component speakers and a JL amp. The audio equipment is worth well over $1000.

I’ll let everything go for $4000 firm. There are some more mk3 goodies too. Euro switches, an extra set of ecodes. An extra set of mk2 gti bbs wheels with crap winter rubber. You have to come see everything really to get a grasp. Basically anything mk3 related in my garage needs to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Vehicles
      1998 White Jetta GL
      10-26-2018 10:04 AM #4
      man your jetta was my dream car back in the day and a lot of my inspiration came from you. sounds like a mack truck, ill never forget.

glws

7. Member
      Vehicles
      MK7 Golf TDI
      11-18-2018 03:32 PM #5
      bump. i need these cars gone. make an offer.

8. Member
      Vehicles
      MK7 Golf TDI
      12-13-2018 10:04 AM #6
      Bump. Two cars. Someone make an offer.

9. Member
      Vehicles
      MK7 Golf TDI
      03-13-2019 06:23 PM #7
      bump.

10. Member
      Vehicles
      MK7 Golf TDI
      Today 10:43 AM #8
      Green car is gone. 3500 takes everything else.

Includes 3 alpine head units, JL audio amp, JL audio component speakers, custom sub box with 3 12” bazooka subs, set of brand new corrado steelies, set of bbs wheels, extra set of Jetta ecodes, oem floor mats.... other stuff I can’t think of.