VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

FS: CCH 42mm (+3mm) intake valve 12v VR6 Head - Greenville, SC

2K views 4 replies 1 participant last post by  leebro61 
#1 ·
I ran this head for ~2-3k miles in my Corrado VR6, which I am currently in the process of parting out. :(

For those of you that have been around for a while, this cylinder head is from one of the Turn2 raffles from ~15 years ago. I didn't win the head in the raffle, but I did end up trading a set of wheels and some $$$ for it. See link below for details:

https://forums.mwerks.com/showthread.php?1081121-Turn2-CCH-42mm-12v-VR6-Big-Valve-Head-Only-20!-Part-2

As I said, I ran this head for a total of ~2-3k miles. At some point, I added Schrick 268 camshafts and I opted to swap in Supertech valve springs since I wasn't exactly sure of the capabilities of the "high lift springs" that were mentioned in the Turn2 ad. The lifters included with the head were brand new at the time of the head install. The valves, guides, seats, retainers, keepers and seals were all replaced by CCH when the port work was done. I didn't put very much effort in to cleaning out the combustion marks, but you can clearly see from the cleanliness of the intake runners and valves that this head has seen very little run time. All of the tapped threads on the cylinder head are also straight and clean :thumbup:

My asking price for the cylinder head is $1100 shipped without the Schrick 268s and $1500 shipped with the cams included. In either case, I will included the ARP head stud kit for an additional $50. I also have a stock compression head spacer (needs a new mk4 gasket) that could go with this setup for an extra $25. This would be a great way to refresh a tired top end and add some serious power on any 12v VR :thumbup:

You can PM me on here and/or call or text me directly.

Thanks,
Lee
386-316-8070

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.