VWVortex.com - A Big Turbo B6 Passat Build – Comfy Commuter/Sleeper & Weekend Track Warrior
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Big Turbo B6 Passat Build – Comfy Commuter/Sleeper & Weekend Track Warrior

1. Member
      Vehicles
      2007 Black B6 ___________ Passat, 2.0T ___________ 2004 Grey Silverado ___________ 1500, 4.8L Z71
      09-14-2019 03:13 PM #26
      NEW POST IS LIVE!

I've updated the end of post #12 to include information and pictures of a custom CNC machined subframe dogbone pendulum bar designed to perfectly fit the B6 Passat platform. Many aftermarket companies erroneously market their Mk5 platform pendulum bars to fit the B6 Passat but this is incorrect. Most people aren't aware of that just like most people aren't aware that the B6 Passat factory pendulum bar is a different part # than that of the Mk5 platform (which means different specs). The B6 Passat's is actually a little bit longer and so to fit a Mk5 platform pendulum bar, whether OEM or aftermarket, requires forcing the fitment which has some side effects.

Read the "Custom Machined Dogbone Pendulum bar" section towards the end of post #12 for much more info and some cool pics of the fabrication process and final fitment!

In other news... I promise I'll get to the big turbo-related post in the next month or so. I know I've been saying this time and time again but I just haven't gotten around to it with all the other projects I have going on with the car and the business of track season, on top of work and personal life, so it's just fallen by the wayside for a bit. Once track season is over - my last track day is September 16 - I'll have more time and energy to put into the build thread and I'll finally get that post out!
      400BHP / 380CTQ - 2007 B6 Passat 2.0T FSI - Weekend Track Car & Part-time Commuter

Build Thread / Mod List:
      https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...-Track-Warrior

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. Member
      Vehicles
      2007 Black B6 ___________ Passat, 2.0T ___________ 2004 Grey Silverado ___________ 1500, 4.8L Z71
      09-18-2019 02:50 AM #27
      FINALLY, after lots of delays I was able to get to the track for the first time this season. It's probably also the only time I'll get out to the track this season as I have too much going on to get out there before it gets colder. Next year will hopefully be different and I'll hopefully get started with track days early on in the season. But for now, enjoy this pretty length vid of some highlights. Apologies for the quality, I don't have the best setup for this kind of recording, although to be honest the video was actually pretty clear before it got compressed a lot to go online.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5dH...ature=youtu.be
      400BHP / 380CTQ - 2007 B6 Passat 2.0T FSI - Weekend Track Car & Part-time Commuter

Build Thread / Mod List:
      https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...-Track-Warrior

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12