Oh and the car from my birth year...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
      - Nick

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Vehicles
      07 Passat Wagon 3.6 4Motion, 15 Audi A3 2.0T Premium
      12-01-2019 11:06 AM #3852
      Hey was that the girl from The Bourne Identity standing next to Toto?

- Nick

4. 12-01-2019 11:17 AM #3853
      Quote Originally Posted by Senior Member View Post
      Don't forget Bottas who came all the way from the back. 2 more laps he would've had a chance at the podium.
      True, last race you put it all out there.

I have to give major props to Red Bull/Honda/Verstappen. What a year, way better than most, even myself would have predicted.

And on the #driversmatter note Verstappen has grown, his best year in the car. Juxtapose that with Vettel while just saus on TV that he could have done better. What a snit year he's had. They can make a difference for good or ill.

5. 12-01-2019 12:45 PM #3854
      Looks like the race horse took a piss pre race.

Ferrari is under investigation for Leclerc's fuel level being different from what Ferrari declared it was:

A report from FIA technical delegate Jo Bauer issued less than an hour before the start of the race said the fuel declaration of Leclerc's car was checked before he left the pitlane.

According to Bauer, there was a "significant difference" between the declaration of the team and the amount of fuel inside the car."

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...start/4605298/

Vehicles
      Explorer PI, LS430, GX460
      12-01-2019 01:39 PM #3855
      Quote Originally Posted by roman16v View Post
      :

After only getting 1/5 right for qual, lets see if the race is any bettter.
      1. Verstappen
      2. Hamilton
      3. Leclerc
      4. Albon
      5. Norris

Your predictions?
      Ugh, 1/5 to close the season. Well, it's a long time until March 15th, 2020...

Vehicles
      16v I4, Turbocharged V6, Gas drinking V8, High revving V10
      12-01-2019 02:43 PM #3856
      Overall a boring ass season. Germany and Singapore were the real only fun races. Oh and Malaysia was good too. But even as a LH fan, man that was boring.

Hopeful next year there is more competition and excitement. As has been said numerous times, they need an injection of excitement back into the sport.
      Quote Originally Posted by patrikman View Post
      Asking OT for relationship advice makes about as much sense as asking TCL what car to buy.
      Quote Originally Posted by ChillOutPossum View Post
      About 5 oclock I realized I needed to go to Costco for some white people stuff.

Vehicles
      Explorer PI, LS430, GX460
      12-01-2019 02:54 PM #3857
      Quote Originally Posted by Smooremin View Post
      Overall a boring ass season. Germany and Singapore were the real only fun races. Oh and Malaysia was good too.
      Malaysia hasn't been on the calendar since 2017...

9. 12-01-2019 03:02 PM #3858
      The progress Red Bull made with Honda was phenomenal. And Verstappen came into his own this year. Still some immature mistakes and publicly burning Ferrari bridges he may wish to cross one day but a solid effort, enough to too Ferrari in the driver's championship.

Ferrari was a show unto itself. Seeing the rise of Leclerc this year was awesome. For a bit Ferrari had power and went on a pole winning streak. The fall of Vettel was hard to watch, desperate and clumsy unbefitting of his title. Then Ferrari as a team imploding, blundering pit calls and on track strategy, the highlight of Vettel three wheelin' at the US GP...

Carlos Sainz, Norris and McLaren righted the ship without the self imposed chosen one, Alonso. Congrats to them for their efforts.

Ricciardo, IMO he had to leave Red Bull but wow, what a struggle. Personally and on the team.

Albon had some wrecks but showed flashes of something more. He's still far off from Verstappen, the bar is high for him next year.

Ghastly turned out like I thought, he's a lower tier driver, happy fir him though that he found a place at his level to stay in F1.

10. 12-01-2019 03:04 PM #3859
      It's the complaining that's important, not actually watching it

Vehicles
      12-01-2019 03:16 PM #3860
      This was lol. Norris fake cryinghttps://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5de411424f2b6/5b0ns.mp4

- Nick

12. 12-01-2019 03:22 PM #3861
      Toto has put a number on it, 75% chance Hamilton stays in the silver car. Hamilton still makes it sound like he and Toto's deals are tied:

"Asked what percentage he would put on Hamilton staying with the Silver Arrows in 2021, Wolff, who has overseen five of Hamilton’s six world championship triumphs, replied: “I am leaning myself out of the window here, and I would rate it at 75 per cent.

“I hope that our relationship continues but there is a 25 per cent chance we are not in control of."

"I know Toto is looking at his options in terms of his own future,” added Hamilton. “Only he knows what is the best thing for him and his family. So, I am waiting to see what he is doing with that."

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breaki.../--967739.html

13. Member
      Vehicles
      2007 Porsche Cayman 5MT; 2009 VW Passat Highline Wagon 6MT; 2017 VW Golf R 6MT Tech Pack
      12-01-2019 03:49 PM #3862
      Ferrari fined for the breach of the fuel regs, Leclerc keeps the podium.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/14...clerc-keeps-p3
      Quote Originally Posted by 20aeman View Post
      No, the real enthusiast vehicle would be the RX8. It combines V12 Lamborghini gas mileage with Hyundai Genesis 4cyl. performance.

Vehicles
      16v I4, Turbocharged V6, Gas drinking V8, High revving V10
      12-01-2019 03:56 PM #3863
      Sorry, meant Bahrain.

Quote Originally Posted by Burnette View Post
      It's the complaining that's important, not actually watching it
      Quote Originally Posted by patrikman View Post
      Asking OT for relationship advice makes about as much sense as asking TCL what car to buy.
      Quote Originally Posted by ChillOutPossum View Post
      About 5 oclock I realized I needed to go to Costco for some white people stuff.

15. 12-01-2019 04:08 PM #3864
      Quote Originally Posted by Double-V View Post
      Ferrari fined for the breach of the fuel regs, Leclerc keeps the podium.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/14...clerc-keeps-p3
      I was wondering if they were going to take Leclerc's position . The commentators joked that the stewards didn't want anything to review because they were anxious to get to the parties

Vehicles
      2012 Mustang GT, 1986 Mazda RX-7 GX, 2007 Kawasaki Ninja 250R
      12-01-2019 07:37 PM #3865
      Quote Originally Posted by CoolJetta3 View Post
      Conspiracy theory: They are running no DRS just to see how the race plays out and what this formula can do with no help.

Also why was Kvyat just using DRS? I guess if the control tower can't detect it, they could just open it whenever

I was thinking, "Gee, pretty embarrassing, especially since this is where DRS started. Must be rigged!" I quite liked it, personally.

Overall a boring ass season. Germany and Singapore were the real only fun races. Oh and Malaysia was good too. But even as a LH fan, man that was boring.
      And Brazil... and Italy... and Japan... Austria... arguably today's race as well. Honda winning for the first time in years... Toro Rosso getting a few podiums. Vettel doing Vettel things.

Pretty difficult to label it as a boring season, let alone a "boring ass" one. Perhaps the first few races and France, but I had fun otherwise.
      Last edited by Elite_Deforce; 12-01-2019 at 07:44 PM.
      Quote Originally Posted by Sonderwunsch View Post
      People have been complaining about modern BMWs lacking steering feel so they are adding torque steer.
      Quote Originally Posted by Ernie McCracken View Post
      I don't trust the judgment of anyone who likes black wheels.
      Quote Originally Posted by BRealistic View Post
      I find it ironic that long time Euro brand fans would assume long term reliability issues would destroy any love of a unique product.

17. 12-01-2019 08:03 PM #3866
      Toto says more:

Wolff said he and Hamilton have “talked very openly” about Ferrari’s grand stature within F1, and he understands the temptation for Hamilton to end his outstanding career in the famed red of Ferrari.

“There will be components such as financial incentives that will play a role. … I still think a driver of that level will always know that he can make an impact on a team,” Wolff said. “When he left McLaren to Mercedes, it was said that it wasn’t the right move, and it proved to be right [move]. So I don’t think I want to make a mistake of underestimating Ferrari’s potential.”

https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/spo...ve-to-ferrari/

Vehicles
      12-01-2019 09:23 PM #3867
      Sainz is the first driver since 2015 to finish in the top 6 and not be driving Mercedes, Ferrari, or Red Bull. McLaren is doing well turning it around

- Nick

19. 12-01-2019 09:25 PM #3868
      Sainz is the first driver since 2015 to finish in the top 6 and not be driving Mercedes, Ferrari, or Red Bull. McLaren is doing well turning it around

I gave them props too, they got it back in track and IMO they have a pretty good driver line up.

And they don't want Alonso back either

Vehicles
      '07 Civic Hy, '93 940, '17 NPS50
      12-01-2019 09:35 PM #3869

Hopeful next year there is more competition and excitement. As has been said numerous times, they need an injection of excitement back into the sport.
      Brazil and Germany were future classics for sure.
      My Flickr // IG - @mwoodski
      Quote Originally Posted by Matt
      I have literally zero experience with snow, but it seems to me that if it was raining and there was slush/snow still on the ground, I'd just wash it away with the hose rather than using a shovel. Sure it may freeze overnight, but if it's already raining, it's already going to be wet and freeze anyway, right?

21. Member
      Vehicles
      3 Audis, 1 Honda, 1 GMC
      12-02-2019 10:48 AM #3870
      Quote Originally Posted by Woodski View Post
      Brazil and Germany were future classics for sure.
      Shame that a Germany GP won't be on the calendar in 2020, and based on the Mercedes appetite for supporting it (they won't anymore, even though it's only an easy 90 min drive from the HQ), or SAP's desire (a past title sponsor)...Hockenheim is pretty much out in the cold with so many other races already packing the calendar and with France and the Dutch GP coming back.

No money, no racey....

22. Member
      12-02-2019 12:18 PM #3871

While Sainz had a good year, if Red Bull had the same second driver the whole year he probably would have finished 7th.

23. 12-02-2019 02:13 PM #3872
      Toto says more:

Wolff said he and Hamilton have “talked very openly” about Ferrari’s grand stature within F1, and he understands the temptation for Hamilton to end his outstanding career in the famed red of Ferrari.

“There will be components such as financial incentives that will play a role. … I still think a driver of that level will always know that he can make an impact on a team,” Wolff said. “When he left McLaren to Mercedes, it was said that it wasn’t the right move, and it proved to be right [move]. So I don’t think I want to make a mistake of underestimating Ferrari’s potential.”

https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/spo...ve-to-ferrari/

Toto wants to follow Lewis to Ferrari..... just saying
      07 GT3RS, 05 GT3, 360 CS, F512M, F355, 66 E Type FHC, 993 C2s, 04 R32, M635csi, 190e 2.5-16v, e34 M5, e36 m3, e46 m3, w202 C43, W210 E55, W211 E55 Wagon, 05 Ford GT, 01 Viper ACR, 993 Targa, w124 E500, S500 Grand Editionm, Pontiac Aztek, Aston DBS, GTI 20th AE, B7 RS4, 996 Turbo

24. 12-02-2019 07:48 PM #3873
      Quote Originally Posted by maxbhp View Post
      Toto wants to follow Lewis to Ferrari..... just saying
      I'm not sure what to make of it honestly. Hamilton for sure wants to know if Toto goes or stays, Toto is the glue and the vision and those would be big shoes to fill. And Hamilton may or may not get on with that new person. So I'm sure Toto's fate plays some part on Hamilton's decision.

Toto on the other hand has said that he would be the first to congratulate Hamilton if he left and Toto's focus would be to find a driver to keep the team going.

I have zero idea who's bluffing

But I will say this, IMO Hamilton shouldn't go to Ferrari without Toto and key team engineers. Ferrari is a terrible team with a good car, they need better minds in the headsets.

25. I wait in line 4 hours for Pretzels on Pretzel Day Metallitubby's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Honda, Ducati
      12-02-2019 07:54 PM #3874
      IMO Hamilton shouldn't go to Ferrari
      I agree with this much.
      * My contributions are not representative of American Honda

26. 12-02-2019 09:10 PM #3875
      Where the hell is Vettel going to go if he's out at Ferrari in 2021? It's no secret that Ferrari wants to keep Leclerc for his talent and youth, and for Binotto to say of Hamilton, "knowing that he's available in 2021 can make us only happy", well, that's kinda harsh and to the point.

Verstappen is in the mix too though, he'll go wherever Hamilton isn't and that could be Ferrari.

A lot can happen in a year, Vettel could find his form of old next year. I would love to see that too. But if he tanks next year like he did this year, it's over for his time at Ferrari.

He says he's not done though. I just can't imagine where he would end up after Ferrari.

Page 155 of 156 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155156 LastLast