Page 83 of 89 FirstFirst ... 3373798081828384858687 ... LastLast
    Results 2,051 to 2,075 of 2212

Thread: The 2019 F1 Countdown Thread

Vehicles
      M44/40F20CS65
      07-11-2019 05:45 PM #2051
      Quote Originally Posted by CoolJetta3 View Post

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

That moron is both the suggested minority shareholder and the face of Rich Energy. He's just doing it all to create attention. If this isn't a money laundering font, then it's likely that this guy somehow borrowed or stole money and is trying to fake it 'till you make it.

Enough is enough!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Vehicles
      07 Passat Wagon 3.6 4Motion, 15 Audi A3 2.0T Premium
      07-11-2019 06:47 PM #2052
      And why does he @ all his rivals. If I was Red Bull I'd tell him keep my name out your mf mouth before I crush you into oblivion

- Nick

4. 07-11-2019 09:18 PM #2053
      Quote Originally Posted by 300_munkeys View Post
      As someone who is new to following the sport, any suggestions for content in between races?

I've seen drive to survive, the f1 documentary on Google movies (mostly about evolution of the sport especially safety wise), Senna, the Williams docu on Netflix, and I'm reading the Senna vs proust book.

What else should I be watching and reading?
      -Grand Prix: The Killer Years (BBC documentary)
      -The McLaren documentary on Netflix
      -Rush (movie)
      -Grand Prix (1966)
      -One
      Sent from my Nexus 5 using Google Skynet

Vehicles
      German Vans, British cars, and a motorbike.
      07-12-2019 08:50 AM #2054
      Quote Originally Posted by tbvvw View Post
      The Rich Energy / Haas drama is an excellent example of why SM isn't a very stable or trusted platform for real news. One guy within the firm posts one tweet and it's taken as concrete evidence of nullifying a major business contract when it was really just one disgruntled employee with the password to their twitter account.
      If that's the case, is the follow-up also being posted by the disgruntled guy? I've seen hijacked accounts locked and released to the rightful owners quicker than this.

This whole thing is fishy. I wouldn't be surprised if this is actually calculated for exposure. We'll have to wait and find out.

Quote Originally Posted by CoolJetta3 View Post

Vehicles
      Explorer PI, LS430, GX460
      07-12-2019 09:09 AM #2055
      Grosjean crashed in the pit lane on FP1. How is that even possible in dry conditions?

Vehicles
      07-12-2019 09:30 AM #2056
      Five minutes ago from Rich's twitter account
      @rich_energy 5m minutes ago

The actual situation.. @HaasF1Team @bigphilcampion @F1 @harrismonkey @GoodwoodRRC @KynochBoxing @JCM_boxing @lucasBrowne #f1 #RichEnergy #williamstorey #nobull

Vehicles
      2014 Ford Focus ST, 2019 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Ti Sport
      07-12-2019 09:31 AM #2057
      Quote Originally Posted by roman16v View Post
      Grosjean crashed in the pit lane on FP1. How is that even possible in dry conditions?
      Did he ask his team to contact the stewards because the pit lane pulled an illegal move on him?

But more seriously - is this the nail in the coffin for him at HAAS? I hope it is. That's pretty embarrassing.

Vehicles
      Twin Turbo Barge & Old Japanese Land Yacht
      07-12-2019 10:23 AM #2058

I've been waiting for a Grosjean moment like this... once it starts with him it seems to snowball throughout the season

Vehicles
      07-12-2019 10:33 AM #2059
      If you'd like to know just how much a car develops during the season, take a look at the Haas times. Magnussen, in the up-to-date car, is almost a second quicker than Grosjean who is driving the Australia-spec.

11. 07-12-2019 12:52 PM #2060
      Glad we are back to a race weekend. It was sickening all the redbull/verstappen love that was being thrown about when the main story should have been Ferrari throwing away another win with their assinine tire strategy. If Ferrari doesn't make that blunder they could have finished 1-2 or 1-3 in the least. Vettel finished less than a pit stop from the lead having pitted once more than the rest. Leclerc would have been much further up the road without a doubt

Vehicles
      07-12-2019 01:59 PM #2062
      I fully believe that Haas needs to part ways with Grosjean. Pick up Ocon and see what happens.

Vehicles
      M44/40F20CS65
      07-12-2019 04:37 PM #2063
      I fully believe that Haas needs to part ways with Grosjean. Pick up Ocon and see what happens.
      Couldn't agree more.

I was listening to the Missed Apex podcast where recently they had Matthew Carter (head of Lotus GP rib 2013), and he was commenting how Romain was consistent and a benefit to the team. But the speculation is that is only the case because the other driver was Maldonado. I couldn't believe the guy said consistent and Grosjean in the same sentence.

Ocon would be a great replacement, but according to that same guy, he's slated to take the second seat at Mercedes next year.

14. 07-12-2019 05:40 PM #2064
      Quote Originally Posted by vwpiloto View Post
      Couldn't agree more.

I was listening to the Missed Apex podcast where recently they had Matthew Carter (head of Lotus GP rib 2013), and he was commenting how Romain was consistent and a benefit to the team. But the speculation is that is only the case because the other driver was Maldonado. I couldn't believe the guy said consistent and Grosjean in the same sentence.

Ocon would be a great replacement, but according to that same guy, he's slated to take the second seat at Mercedes next year.
      I would be genuinely surprised if Ocon was given a seat in the Silver Arrow. Toto seemed to be fire selling Ocon just last week. Mercedes has to look past Hamilton whose time is coming to an end. They need a top driver and IMO Ocon ain't it. And neither is Bottas.

With the big name drivers soon to be available, if Ocon did get a seat it would be a one year deal.

15. 07-12-2019 05:47 PM #2065
      Quote Originally Posted by @McMike View Post
      Five minutes ago from Rich's twitter account
      You know, the Haas/Rich Energy story was so crazy I was sure it was mostly click bait fodder, I figured I would wait for it get squared away quickly and be of no consequence.

Holy fek was I wrong! This just gets weirder and weirder. And with Haas F1 in a funk, this is the last thing they need.

Strike that, Gross Jeans is the last thing they need, but they could have done without the Rich Energy snit show right now.

16. Member
      Vehicles
      3 Audis, 1 Honda, 1 GMC
      07-12-2019 07:13 PM #2066
      Quote Originally Posted by enigmatic enthusiast View Post
      Vettel finished less than a pit stop from the lead having pitted once more than the rest.
      Not to mention his Q3 back luck and that the delay on that one pit put him behind 2 cars that he would have cleared with a clean stop. He had an unlucky weekend due to the misfortune of his car reliability and his pit not being ready.
      He would have had an easy P2 that race otherwise. Maybe more.

They couldn't buy luck no matter how much they paid.

07-12-2019 07:40 PM #2067
      Like this?

18. 07-12-2019 08:14 PM #2068
      I read a story saying that Red Bull had finally figured out the aero problem with their car at the Austrian GP but only Verstappen had the updated parts, which would partially explain the speed difference between Gasly and him. Gasly got the new parts for the British GP and judging by his results in FP1 and FP2, it seems to be working.
      Last edited by AutoBear; 07-12-2019 at 08:19 PM.
      Sent from my Nexus 5 using Google Skynet

19. I wait in line 4 hours for Pretzels on Pretzel Day Metallitubby's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Honda, Ducati
      07-12-2019 10:29 PM #2069
      Quote Originally Posted by AutoBear View Post
      I read a story saying that Red Bull had finally figured out the VTAKs
      Fixed.
      * My contributions are not representative of American Honda

Vehicles
      07-12-2019 11:00 PM #2070
      I can't see Merc getting rid of Bottas. He isn't a championship contender, but he is a solid podium-placer and doesn't make any waves with Hamilton. As a team principal, I'd be ok with this for the time being. While a Nico/Lewis style rivalry is fun for us to watch, it has to be hell for the team to watch...

Vehicles
      E39 M5 | 987.2
      07-13-2019 12:51 AM #2071
      I can't see Merc getting rid of Bottas. He isn't a championship contender, but he is a solid podium-placer and doesn't make any waves with Hamilton. As a team principal, I'd be ok with this for the time being. While a Nico/Lewis style rivalry is fun for us to watch, it has to be hell for the team to watch...
      Agree. Having them both essentially guarantees constructor championships.

22. 07-13-2019 06:45 AM #2072
      Yeah, I think they just want Bottas to be a bit closer to Hamilton, for points and even to win it all if Hamilton falters. That's why they're pushing Bottas, he can't be off race pace and finish too far back too often. Mercedes is ever aware that the competition may very well rise. Ferrari had the drivers and the engine, had they got the aero and strategy right this would have been a very different season.

I give Bottas credit this year, he's gotten better in qualy, it's only two practices so far in Silverstone but he's fastest so far. For me, Bottas is missing something in his race craft when he's in a pack of cars and he doesn't know how to hold specific lap times during a race as well as the best guys. How hard to push, how to conserve, to be consistent.

Which is all harder to do than I'm making it sound.

Smart money says they sign Bottas for another year and then choose a top driver that's free after 2020. Mercedes has to plan for a post Hamilton world.

So you will see Hamilton with a stronger Bottas, or a Verstappen or another driver that the team feels can win a championship. They have the best team, they can get the best available driver and they know it.
      Last edited by Burnette; 07-13-2019 at 06:47 AM.

Vehicles
      07-13-2019 08:58 AM #2073
      Quote Originally Posted by Burnette View Post
      Holy fek was I wrong! This just gets weirder and weirder. And with Haas F1 in a funk, this is the last thing they need.
      It's too weird not to follow.

We've all seen social media accounts go rogue, but they are usually under control, cleaned up, and a statement is made about them long before now. This is just odd.

Enough of that for now. Time for Q1

Vehicles
      07-13-2019 10:05 AM #2074
      Gasly out qualified Vettel? Holy smokes! Great job by Bottas!

25. 07-13-2019 10:10 AM #2075
      Congrats to Bottas, great lap, he's earning his seat.

Congrats to Leclerc too, the guy is good and representing Ferrari proud at the front.

Red Bull/Honda lacking today, shame, but a power track was going to be tough for them.

Page 83 of 89 FirstFirst ... 3373798081828384858687 ... LastLast