Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Seat disassembly

1. Semi-n00b
      Vehicles
      2011 Routan SEL
      12-09-2018 04:15 PM #1
      Does anyone have a video or written procedure for disassembling the seat bottom cushion? I can't seem to figure out how to remove the leather. Removing the clips around the edges is simple enough, but there is some kind of attachment(s) below the longitudinal seams. Can't figure out how that comes apart. Any help appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
      VWVortex.com
      Advertisements
    3. Member
      Vehicles
      2005 Passat GLS TDI, 2009 Routan SEL
      02-27-2019 01:14 PM #2
      Did you figure this out? I ordered a new-to-me seat bottom from a pax-side seat from car-part.com, but I haven't gotten into the project yet of taking apart the driver's seat bottom. I saw pics on the Chrysler Minivans website, and I presume the Routan seats are the same except for color. But I don't recall any mention of an attachment along the longitudinal seams.

If you found a video or other write-up with pics, please post a link. Thanks.

4. Member
      Vehicles
      2005 Passat GLS TDI, 2009 Routan SEL
      02-27-2019 01:22 PM #3
      I did find this post with pics on post #5 on the first page: https://forum.chryslerminivan.net/sh...-driver-s-side

Some useful info posted in postings #13 and #14 on page 2 and #21 on page 3. But I haven't seen anything else of much use.