VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

2000 New Beetle TDI

2K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  s-rocc 
#1 · (Edited)
SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD

Selling my 2000 manual Beetle TDI. I've owned this since 2012, bought with 78k, now has 145k. Selling because I had a baby and needed a bigger car, otherwise I would keep driving it. Car has been awesome to me. Timing belt done at 120k at a local German indy shop (yes, I have a receipt). Comes with the 17" Porsche wheels and adapters as pictured, it is a square setup (all 7" wide) so they can be rotated. Tires on them have 10k on them tops, only ever run in the summer. Also comes with a set of 16" steelies with snow tires, and the stock beetle wheels with beat tires. Also comes with a Votex roof rack with keys that I bought new. And a set of OEM VW splash guards that I bought but never installed. Also has Weathertech floor liners and 3000k HIDs in the fog lights (actually makes them useful).
This car has been really well maintained in the time that I've owned it, I don't mess around with maintaining my daily driver. If something needed to be done, I did it. I don't defer maintenance. Always changed oil at 5k miles with Shell Rotella T6 and a Mann filter. Also logged every fill up on Fuelly and noted service done to it. Link: http://www.fuelly.com/car/volkswage...lTFQ7xQ66LszNIJl40pcwKQEi6AZyiqv-i5aJxW7lZpqM

A few issues: #4 glow plug is broken off in the head. Has been this way for a few years, car still starts fine in the winter, no compression loss, etc but it does mean the CEL is always on. I couldn't justify pulling the head just to fix this, my eventual plan was to do that the next time it needed a timing belt (about 55k more miles). CEL is not a problem in PA where this car is emissions exempt (current inspection through May 2019). Only rust on the car is on the roof, seems to be a factory paint defect, it started under the roof rail trim. Has been there the whole time I've owned it, has not gotten worse. Some clear coat peel on the hood, and the driver's door lock switch is spotty. Doesn't always recognize that the door is opened. Very common mk4 problem, easy fix.

$2500 with the Porsche wheels / $2000 on the snows

Located in Lancaster, PA

See less See more
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.