VWVortex.com - Burgertuning JB4 for our Jettas
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Results 1 to 25 of 83

    Thread: Burgertuning JB4 for our Jettas

    1. Member
      Join Date
      Oct 10th, 2018
      Location
      Austin Area
      Posts
      243
      Vehicles
      1999 Honda Civic Si, 2017 Nissan Murano Sv, 2019 VW Jetta 1.4T S
      12-23-2018 04:45 PM #1
      So I have been emailing George at BMS for the last few days and I had asked him if they were going to do anything for our Jettas. So the JB4 is in production and will be released late January. The gains are supposed to be 30hp and 45tq. He said that our turbos are already pretty stressed as it's the same unit that is on the 92hp 1.4t elsewhere in the world. He said it will still have some adjustment for power but not much. I am working on picking up one of the first units offered, he said the mapping is pretty well sorted but would love to see more real world data so I will try and datalog as much as they need to be as helpful as I can. I will update with anymore information I get and let everyone know my take on it once its installed. I will also be uploading pics of everything so people can see the ins and outs of the install and stuff. I have used their products on past BMWs and a MINI with great results. My 2014 MINI S in stock form ran a 14.6 and with only the JB4 added, dropped me down to a 14 flat with no other changes. They were always good to me and worked very well, so naturally I told them I would love to use their products again on the new Jetta. From what I understand, prices will be $200 for just the JB4, $140 for the bluetooth attachment that links to your phone, and $35 for the data cable if you want to hook to a computer( you don't need both ).

      Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

    2. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    3. Member
      Join Date
      Oct 13th, 2018
      Location
      Somewhere Hot!
      Posts
      294
      Vehicles
      4 banger turbos
      12-23-2018 05:08 PM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by Robdee32 View Post
      So I have been emailing George at BMS for the last few days and I had asked him if they were going to do anything for our Jettas. So the JB4 is in production and will be released late January. The gains are supposed to be 30hp and 45tq. He said that our turbos are already pretty stressed as it's the same unit that is on the 92hp 1.4t elsewhere in the world. He said it will still have some adjustment for power but not much. I am working on picking up one of the first units offered, he said the mapping is pretty well sorted but would love to see more real world data so I will try and datalog as much as they need to be as helpful as I can. I will update with anymore information I get and let everyone know my take on it once its installed. I will also be uploading pics of everything so people can see the ins and outs of the install and stuff. I have used their products on past BMWs and a MINI with great results. My 2014 MINI S in stock form ran a 14.6 and with only the JB4 added, dropped me down to a 14 flat with no other changes. They were always good to me and worked very well, so naturally I told them I would love to use their products again on the new Jetta. From what I understand, prices will be $200 for just the JB4, $140 for the bluetooth attachment that links to your phone, and $35 for the data cable if you want to hook to a computer( you don't need both ).

      Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
      It's a jb4?? Last time I spoke with him, he said jb1.. I was looking forward to the jb1 coz I believe you have to tap the ecu for a jb4..

    4. Member
      Join Date
      Oct 10th, 2018
      Location
      Austin Area
      Posts
      243
      Vehicles
      1999 Honda Civic Si, 2017 Nissan Murano Sv, 2019 VW Jetta 1.4T S
      12-23-2018 05:25 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by Rayn View Post
      It's a jb4?? Last time I spoke with him, he said jb1.. I was looking forward to the jb1 coz I believe you have to tap the ecu for a jb4..
      His emails said JB4. I'll ask him just to be sure. I was under the impression that it's a plug and play deal.

      Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

    5. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    6. Member
      Join Date
      Oct 10th, 2018
      Location
      Austin Area
      Posts
      243
      Vehicles
      1999 Honda Civic Si, 2017 Nissan Murano Sv, 2019 VW Jetta 1.4T S
      12-23-2018 05:34 PM #4
      I just looked online and the VW/ AUDI jb4 units are plug and play. I assumed ours would be as well but I just sent him an email for clarification and will let you know.

      Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

    7. 12-23-2018 05:53 PM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by Robdee32 View Post
      So I have been emailing George at BMS for the last few days and I had asked him if they were going to do anything for our Jettas. So the JB4 is in production and will be released late January. The gains are supposed to be 30hp and 45tq. He said that our turbos are already pretty stressed as it's the same unit that is on the 92hp 1.4t elsewhere in the world. He said it will still have some adjustment for power but not much. I am working on picking up one of the first units offered, he said the mapping is pretty well sorted but would love to see more real world data so I will try and datalog as much as they need to be as helpful as I can. I will update with anymore information I get and let everyone know my take on it once its installed. I will also be uploading pics of everything so people can see the ins and outs of the install and stuff. I have used their products on past BMWs and a MINI with great results. My 2014 MINI S in stock form ran a 14.6 and with only the JB4 added, dropped me down to a 14 flat with no other changes. They were always good to me and worked very well, so naturally I told them I would love to use their products again on the new Jetta. From what I understand, prices will be $200 for just the JB4, $140 for the bluetooth attachment that links to your phone, and $35 for the data cable if you want to hook to a computer( you don't need both ).

      Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
      We only selling the last lot of testers we have at $200 and that wont be the retail price for sure.

      Quote Originally Posted by Rayn View Post
      It's a jb4?? Last time I spoke with him, he said jb1.. I was looking forward to the jb1 coz I believe you have to tap the ecu for a jb4..
      The unit can be run without the OBD cable and it will function like a JB1. We got a lot of emails from enthusiasts in markets with the lower powered cars where they have more flexibility and wanted the larger tuning range on the units.

    8. 12-23-2018 05:55 PM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by Robdee32 View Post
      I just looked online and the VW/ AUDI jb4 units are plug and play. I assumed ours would be as well but I just sent him an email for clarification and will let you know.

      Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
      Its plug and play. There is no tapping required anywhere.

    9. Member
      Join Date
      Oct 10th, 2018
      Location
      Austin Area
      Posts
      243
      Vehicles
      1999 Honda Civic Si, 2017 Nissan Murano Sv, 2019 VW Jetta 1.4T S
      12-23-2018 05:56 PM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
      We only selling the last lot of testers we have at $200 and that wont be the retail price for sure.



      The unit can be run without the OBD cable and it will function like a JB1. We got a lot of emails from enthusiasts in markets with the lower powered cars where they have more flexibility and wanted the larger tuning range on the units.
      You are the man George! Thanks for coming on here and clearing it up.

      Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

    10. Member
      Join Date
      Oct 10th, 2018
      Location
      Austin Area
      Posts
      243
      Vehicles
      1999 Honda Civic Si, 2017 Nissan Murano Sv, 2019 VW Jetta 1.4T S
      12-28-2018 05:39 PM #8
      So update... the jb4 module and bluetooth adaptor shipped out and is on its way. Should be here in the next few days, pretty stoked... Burger Tuning has been terrific so far (as usual) and I know I have been driving George up the wall with emails and questions. Looking forward to the results of mo powa!

      Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

    11. 12-28-2018 08:10 PM #9
      Quote Originally Posted by Robdee32 View Post
      So update... the jb4 module and bluetooth adaptor shipped out and is on its way. Should be here in the next few days, pretty stoked... Burger Tuning has been terrific so far (as usual) and I know I have been driving George up the wall with emails and questions. Looking forward to the results of mo powa!

      Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
      1.4T right? 91 octane?


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    12. Member
      Join Date
      Oct 10th, 2018
      Location
      Austin Area
      Posts
      243
      Vehicles
      1999 Honda Civic Si, 2017 Nissan Murano Sv, 2019 VW Jetta 1.4T S
      12-28-2018 08:11 PM #10
      Quote Originally Posted by Poetic50 View Post
      1.4T right? 91 octane?


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Yes but I'll be running 93

      Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

    13. 12-28-2018 08:34 PM #11
      Quote Originally Posted by Robdee32 View Post
      Yes but I'll be running 93

      Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
      Is there one for 91? I don’t have 93 around but I have 100 and 110 lol


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    14. Member
      Join Date
      Oct 10th, 2018
      Location
      Austin Area
      Posts
      243
      Vehicles
      1999 Honda Civic Si, 2017 Nissan Murano Sv, 2019 VW Jetta 1.4T S
      12-28-2018 09:12 PM #12
      Quote Originally Posted by Poetic50 View Post
      Is there one for 91? I don’t have 93 around but I have 100 and 110 lol


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      George told me that the map is for either 91 or 93... I wish I had access to 100 or better lol. 93 and e85 are basically the only stuff I have easy access to.

      Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

    15. 12-28-2018 09:13 PM #13
      Quote Originally Posted by Robdee32 View Post
      George told me that the map is for either 91 or 93

      Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
      Nice!!! What are gains again? Have you thought of Stacking Uni stage one and that module? What can you adjust with the module?


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    16. Member
      Join Date
      Oct 10th, 2018
      Location
      Austin Area
      Posts
      243
      Vehicles
      1999 Honda Civic Si, 2017 Nissan Murano Sv, 2019 VW Jetta 1.4T S
      12-28-2018 09:15 PM #14
      Quote Originally Posted by Poetic50 View Post
      Nice!!! What are gains again? Have you thought of Stacking Uni stage one and that module? What can you adjust with the module?


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Not sure about stacking... I would assume not but until it's in my hands I dunno. The gains are 30hp and 45tq and I'll have to play with it to see what all can be adjusted since right now we only have 1 map available.

      Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

    17. Member
      Join Date
      Oct 10th, 2018
      Location
      Austin Area
      Posts
      243
      Vehicles
      1999 Honda Civic Si, 2017 Nissan Murano Sv, 2019 VW Jetta 1.4T S
      12-28-2018 09:16 PM #15
      I know with the bluetooth adapter I can change maps on the go via my cell phone and the app

      Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

    18. 12-28-2018 09:26 PM #16
      Quote Originally Posted by Robdee32 View Post
      I know with the bluetooth adapter I can change maps on the go via my cell phone and the app

      Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
      Nice thanks for the info man!!! Let us know about the changes and differences


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    19. Member
      Join Date
      Oct 10th, 2018
      Location
      Austin Area
      Posts
      243
      Vehicles
      1999 Honda Civic Si, 2017 Nissan Murano Sv, 2019 VW Jetta 1.4T S
      12-28-2018 09:32 PM #17
      Quote Originally Posted by Poetic50 View Post
      Nice thanks for the info man!!! Let us know about the changes and differences


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      No problem sir will do!

      Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

    20. Member jcme0557's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 31st, 2015
      Location
      Maryland, USA
      Posts
      697
      Vehicles
      2018 Golf GTI, 2015 Passat 1.8tsi - SOLD, 2012 Mk.6 GTI - SOLD, 1987 GTI Mk.2 - Stolen
      12-29-2018 08:15 AM #18
      It will be interesting to see how this VW motor/drive-train will hold up with the extra power/torque.

      The stock output of 147hp/184tq are some pretty impressive numbers to be getting from a 1.4 liter engine. Even more impressive, when you factor in emissions compliance and a 7/60 warranty!

    21. 12-30-2018 05:33 PM #19
      BMS has a great reputation. Looking forward to seeing this available.

    22. Member
      Join Date
      Oct 10th, 2018
      Location
      Austin Area
      Posts
      243
      Vehicles
      1999 Honda Civic Si, 2017 Nissan Murano Sv, 2019 VW Jetta 1.4T S
      12-30-2018 05:48 PM #20
      Quote Originally Posted by lokerola View Post
      BMS has a great reputation. Looking forward to seeing this available.
      That's the main reason I held out from buying a piggy back from someone else. Nothing against other companies at all, but I have used BMS in the past with great results. Wednesday just can't get here fast enough lol.

      Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

    23. Member
      Join Date
      Oct 13th, 2018
      Location
      Somewhere Hot!
      Posts
      294
      Vehicles
      4 banger turbos
      12-31-2018 05:18 AM #21
      Quote Originally Posted by Robdee32 View Post
      That's the main reason I held out from buying a piggy back from someone else. Nothing against other companies at all, but I have used BMS in the past with great results. Wednesday just can't get here fast enough lol.

      Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
      Same reason I didn't get chipwerke.. I spoke to George right before I was gonna order chipwerke and he said they already were testing jb1 units, that was about a couple weeks after I got my car. He hasn't gotten back to me about the tester units though, I guess he likes you better since i spoke to him 2 months before you did lol

    24. Member
      Join Date
      Oct 10th, 2018
      Location
      Austin Area
      Posts
      243
      Vehicles
      1999 Honda Civic Si, 2017 Nissan Murano Sv, 2019 VW Jetta 1.4T S
      12-31-2018 07:57 AM #22
      Quote Originally Posted by Rayn View Post
      Same reason I didn't get chipwerke.. I spoke to George right before I was gonna order chipwerke and he said they already were testing jb1 units, that was about a couple weeks after I got my car. He hasn't gotten back to me about the tester units though, I guess he likes you better since i spoke to him 2 months before you did lol
      Maybe I just got lucky, George probably gets his email flooded on the daily and still has to do car tuning. The longest I had to wait for a response was maybe 24hrs. But I was sending him at least 2 to 3 emails a day.

      Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

    25. Member
      Join Date
      Oct 13th, 2018
      Location
      Somewhere Hot!
      Posts
      294
      Vehicles
      4 banger turbos
      12-31-2018 06:23 PM #23
      Quote Originally Posted by Robdee32 View Post
      Maybe I just got lucky, George probably gets his email flooded on the daily and still has to do car tuning. The longest I had to wait for a response was maybe 24hrs. But I was sending him at least 2 to 3 emails a day.

      Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
      I guess so. Oh well, just sucks I won't get that discounted price despite talking to him this past October. Anyways, good luck with the build!

    26. Member
      Join Date
      Oct 10th, 2018
      Location
      Austin Area
      Posts
      243
      Vehicles
      1999 Honda Civic Si, 2017 Nissan Murano Sv, 2019 VW Jetta 1.4T S
      01-02-2019 08:08 PM #24
      Came in Monday! Waiting for better weather to do the install, its low 30s and raining here so that's a no go for now.

      Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

    27. Member
      Join Date
      Oct 10th, 2018
      Location
      Austin Area
      Posts
      243
      Vehicles
      1999 Honda Civic Si, 2017 Nissan Murano Sv, 2019 VW Jetta 1.4T S
      01-02-2019 08:09 PM #25
      Here's a pic of the bluetooth attachment and ob2 attachment

      Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

    Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •