VWVortex.com - Meguiar's hybrid ceramic wax
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Meguiar's hybrid ceramic wax

12-26-2018 06:34 PM #1
      Looks like a new release by Meguiar's: https://www.meguiars.com/automotive/...-g190526-26-oz

Thoughts? Is this a genuine alternative to the current ceramic coatings that's currently out there?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Vehicles
      44 cylinders, 19.9 liters
      12-27-2018 11:21 AM #2
      I had just used my the last of my Sonax Spray and Seal when I first saw the ads for this about a month ago. I've been a Meg's fanboi for a long time and am excited to try this out and see how it does.
      "For the sake of making this easier, let's just agree that I know everything and am correct."

2016 security breach victim #129,248. Formerly karlorado
      IG @chipan_dougleville

12-30-2018 02:05 PM #3
      IMO this one is worth looking at too. Perhaps a better product in the end. I'll be testing both out in the spring when the weather breaks.

Mothers CMX Ceramic Spray Coating
      2018 Midnight Black Metallic AWD Infiniti Q50S Red Sport | BMS JB4 | 395awhp/430awtq
      2018 Ruby Red Metallic Lincoln MK-C Reserve | AWD 2.3l EcoBoost - Wife's
      2001 Patriot Blue Pearl Jeep Cherokee Limited - Son's

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

02-20-2019 07:48 AM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by pdqgp View Post
      IMO this one is worth looking at too. Perhaps a better product in the end. I'll be testing both out in the spring when the weather breaks.

just bought a bottle. i'll let you know how it works
      Current Cars: 2018 BMW///M3 6 Speed Manual Yas Marina Blue over Sakhir Orange Leather | 2017 Volvo S90 Inscription T6 AWD | 2004 Infiniti FX35
      Previous Cars: 2016 GLI DSG SEL | 2015 Touareg Lux TDI | 2014 GLI 6 Speed Manual Autobahn | 2012 Odyssey EX-L | 2010 Outback 6 Speed Manual | 2008 VW GTI 6 Speed Manual | 2008 BMW 328xi 6 Speed Manual | 2007 VW Rabbit 5 Speed Manual | 2001 Honda Accord

Vehicles
      44 cylinders, 19.9 liters
      02-21-2019 01:52 PM #5
      I ordered 2 bottles of the Meg's HCW, was able to find them for $14.99 w/ free shipping. Tracking says they will be here this afternoon so maybe be able to give it a try on sunday. Possibly on friday and then drive the car to go snowboarding saturday on the dirty sandy and slushy road to see how it goes.
      "For the sake of making this easier, let's just agree that I know everything and am correct."

2016 security breach victim #129,248. Formerly karlorado
      IG @chipan_dougleville

Vehicles
      2018 BMW X1
      03-14-2019 06:45 PM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by pdqgp View Post

I put 2 coats of Mothers CMX Ceramic spray on our X1 a few weeks ago. I had already put a couple of layers of hi temp paste wax on and then followed with Mothers CMX spray. So far so good.

The pollen here is terrible right now. I washed the car in my driveway Tuesday and as I was detailing the inside I looked out the windshield. There was a nice, thin layer of green covering the hood. Lots of pollen! It does seem to stick less to my car than others I've noticed. Maybe it is me. I don't know.

I do know the water really runs off fast and things don't stick, so I'm happy with the Ceramic spray.

9. 03-23-2019 01:12 AM #7
      Video showing a comparo of the Meg's and the Mothers here:

Not familiar with the reviewer.

Vehicles
      Bought not built.
      05-05-2019 09:30 AM #8
      Used the Meg's on my new Pilot a month or so ago. I was super lazy and didn't clay bar like I should have...just used the recommended Meg's wash with the "micro polishers" or whatever before hand. Application method I used was sorta drying a panel, spraying the product on, then wiping it around with a damp micro fiber towel for total panel application, and hosing it off. End result was great. Felt about as smooth as the 2.5 year old cQuartz sealer we have on our Golf. Bugs tend to clean off a bit easier so far.

Only issue is streaking on windows, but it wasn't terrible.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
      Last edited by A1an; 05-05-2019 at 08:36 PM.
      Signature.

11. Member
      Vehicles
      '19 Jetta SEL
      05-11-2019 10:36 AM #9
      Used this stuff the other day. Followed the recommended first application method of spraying on wet and drying with a towel. It rained all day yesterday and the car still looks great. Looking forward to wiping it down again and using a follow up coat with the spray on and hose off method for continued results.

Vehicles
      2004 VW Golf R32 DeepBluePerleffekt (B5R)
      05-16-2019 03:13 PM #10
      it's at the top of my top automotive 'to do' list. stuff sounds great.
      a friend of mine tried it on his 2017 Toyota wagon a couple of weeks ago and raved about it--said it kicks a**

5/24--finally got to try the wax.it works great! i did have a bit of trouble with the wax streaking (my car wasn't totally 'cool to the touch' as the instructions suggest)
      went out and buffed it a little bit more today and to get the glass cleaned up better. overall, very pleased with the results.
      Last edited by gruppe-b; 05-25-2019 at 06:21 PM. Reason: finally got totry it!
      I my R32
      it's the best VW evar!
      Mind-Blowing List of Mods: Dark Charcoal tinted front side markers & blinkers.Dunlop HP A/S tires on stock Aristos w/ VW Racing center caps.Powerflex+Koni FSD shocks w/ OEM US R32 springs.EBC Redstuff pads.Gloss Black painted stock front grille & mirror caps.

06-10-2019 06:27 AM #11
      Quote Originally Posted by dubonaire_B4 View Post
      Used this stuff the other day. Followed the recommended first application method of spraying on wet and drying with a towel. It rained all day yesterday and the car still looks great. Looking forward to wiping it down again and using a follow up coat with the spray on and hose off method for continued results.
      Keep in mind you'll still need to wipe it down afterwards when drying as it will tend to streak. Decent product, nothing earth shattering but FWIW, just remember to wipe down after.
      2018 Midnight Black Metallic AWD Infiniti Q50S Red Sport | BMS JB4 | 395awhp/430awtq
      2018 Ruby Red Metallic Lincoln MK-C Reserve | AWD 2.3l EcoBoost - Wife's
      2001 Patriot Blue Pearl Jeep Cherokee Limited - Son's

14. Member
      Vehicles
      '19 Jetta SEL
      06-11-2019 08:38 AM #12
      Ok guys, I am still a fan of HCW but I've moved on to Turtle Wax Seal N' Shine and recommend it to you all immediately! It's much easier to apply (spray and wipe on a dry car), it's way more durable (see video below) and most impressively it's $6.97 per bottle at walmart! At this price point it almost defies logic but this stuff really is that good! Just watch the video.