VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

2018 Arteon as 2019 Arteon?

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  007IOU 
#1 ·
Technically speaking, will we be buying a 2018 Arteon as a 2019 Arteon if it came to US in 2018 but not release yet and now is 2019? Just curious.

#3 · (Edited)
Really? I thought the cars are already here but had to go through test.....kind of like what the MK 7.5 Golf R went through. It just weird that we usually get the new car before the year started.....now by the time we get the car, it would be several months old already.

#8 ·
In the US, laws allow manufacturers to sell a model year car a full year before the year even starts.

Manufacturers take advantage of this to rush some cars to production to beat out competition. This creates weird situations with model cycles and updates.

Some manufacturers do things differently than others, for example, Mazda traditionally launches model year vehicles two quarters into the year while VW will launch vehicles 2 quarters before year start (summer time frame). This will give VW a near 8 to 10 month headstart on model year sales.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#9 ·
Window Closed

Now that we're hearing it won't be available until mid-summer, it looks like it really will be a 2020 model (no matter what they call it).

#11 ·
Having my 2018 Golf R serviced the other day. Asked about Arteon. Told me 3500 for first year US and they're sitting at port in Houston. Since there was a substantial delay, they will now be badged as 2020s. Said the dealership was expecting taking orders in April. Don't know how accurate information was, but just reporting!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.