VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Stroke of Luck I got to sit in an Arteon in Burlington!

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  PZ 
#1 ·
I went to get some parts for my GTI and happened to check out the Jetta in the shown room. Got to talk to the sale rep and happened to asked when will the Arteon be in. He said I got one outside....I was like what? He said it's not a sale car but one of the rep car. Sure enough we went outside and there it was in Blue color with the R-line badge. I didn't like the turn reflector on the side of the front wheel. It stand out too much. The car looks good and very roomy. There was a lot of personal belonging in the car so I didn't get to look too at everything thoroughly. It just peak my interest more now and I can't wait to check it out when ever it come. Oh and the car got a Michigan plate on.

#2 ·
I sat in one today also. My sales guy called me to tell me their rep was at the dealership with an Arteon, but like yours it was full of belongings! I didn't like the wheels, they looked like they came of a hybrid of some sort, but it was a pretty car from the exterior. Interior was typical VW (for better or worse!).

#5 ·
This is what I can remember from last year's Chicago Auto Show:
- Seats are standard VW: firm, decent leather, good lumbar support. I don't remember there being much bolstering, but memory's fuzzy here.
- Dash is nice: padded and low-gloss. Aluminum trim on the two models was REAL aluminum with a "brushed" finish. I think the lower dash was hard plastic, but again, it's typical current VW - nicely grained and low-gloss plastic.

I will say there were three things that personally bugged me:
- The parts-bin steering wheel. Maybe it will have a different one due to the delay, but the 2017 $18000 Jetta in my driveway at home has this tiller. It's...fine, but for such a stylish car I'd think they'd put something more distinctive in it
- The center clock. It's...fine, but similar to the steering wheel, for such a forward-looking design, the clock is "backward-looking." When I asked about the clock, Klaus Bischoff, the head of VW design, said the Arteon would get it for the first few years, but an interior refresh in the works would scuttle it
- The general dash design. Not to beat a dead horse, but for a high-design automobile like this, the dash is boringly conservative. I'm betting the interior refresh aligns the dash design with the current Europe-only Touareg (below).

#8 ·
I wish we could get something as nice as that dash/interior over here. Maybe Audi, but I don't expect a VW to have that in the USA.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.