Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Questions about Dealership Trades

1. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2019 VW Golf R
      01-29-2019 04:17 PM #1
      Hey everyone,

I'm looking to buy a Golf R--I was originally in the market for a '19 DSG, but given my new commute, I wouldn't mind settling for an '18 manual.

I've been working with my dealership since October to order the '19 DSG. They looked around the country for an '18 DSG and found none available. We've been playing the '19 DSG waiting game since. Recently I contacted them to see if they could locate me an '18 Manual. I know there are a bunch out there. I even located one that I find perfect about 200 miles away in a neighboring state. So I called my dealer and asked them if they can look into it--they agreed to, but they're giving me the runaround and I get the impression they won't check it out. They keep saying that it may not be available and they don't want to trade too far. I called the dealer where I found the Golf R and they said it's available, but my dealer doesn't seem to have any urgency to move on it.

Is this an annoying process for my dealer and they just want to wait it out so I fulfill a '19 order? Should I just go to another dealer that may be more interested in assisting me? Can I still negotiate the price once the car is traded? I'm not familiar with the process and any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
      Last edited by Workodactyl; 01-29-2019 at 04:23 PM.
      LBM 2019 Golf R 6MT

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. 01-29-2019 06:34 PM #2
      dealer trades are favors. they get nothing for it.

200 miles is close enough to drive, if you see what you want, go get it.

I'll shop cross country. you can have any car delivered to your door for ~$800 so as long as your local dealer won't beat that price I'll sit on my butt at home and fedex a check and some paperwork and wait for the new car to come on the truck on a couple weeks.

4. 01-30-2019 04:04 PM #3
      7 years with VW. We do trades all the time.

Never traded an R though....

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

6. 02-07-2019 04:48 AM #4
      Dude, you are a customer. They should do their best to provide good service. If I were you, I would have gone to another dealership.

Vehicles
      2019 Arteon SE 4 Motion, 2012 CC R Line, 1993 Corrado SLC, 1973 Ford Capri
      05-27-2019 10:35 AM #5
      Dealer trades are a 2 way street as it takes 2 to tango. There must be something in it for both dealers to make them want to bother with it.

There is also a possibility that there may be some animosity between the two dealers from former trade requests that fell through etc.

8. 05-31-2019 11:56 PM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by Aseras View Post

I'll shop cross country. you can have any car delivered to your door for FileZilla UC Browser Rufus ~$800 so as long as your local dealer won't beat that price I'll sit on my butt at home and fedex a check and some paperwork and wait for the new car to come on the truck on a couple weeks.

I've been working with my dealership since October to order the '19 DSG. They looked around the country for an '18 DSG and found none available. We've been playing the '19 DSG waiting game since. Recently I contacted them to see if they could locate me an '18 Manual. I know there are a bunch out there. I even located one that I find perfect about 200 miles away in a neighboring state. So I called my dealer and asked them if they can look into it--they agreed to, but they're giving me the runaround and I get the impression they won't check it out.
      Last edited by BAILITY; 06-03-2019 at 05:20 PM.

9. 06-03-2019 11:36 PM #7

I'll shop cross country. you can have any car delivered to your door for ~$800 so as long as your local dealer won't beat that price I'll sit on my butt at home and fedex a check and some paperwork and wait for the new car to come on the truck on a couple weeks.
      I’m really curious about purchasing from dealers far away. How easy is it? Will dealerships arrange for the shipping, even though I’m sure the customer pays for it?

On my last purchase, the local dealership didn’t manage to get a deal done on a trade, and we ended up driving about 200 miles. That wasn’t a problem, but I’m looking at Alltracks online, and some that I like with 6MT and certain color combinations are 800 miles away or further.

10. 06-22-2019 08:29 PM #8

Is this an annoying process for my dealer and they just want to wait it out so I fulfill a '19 order? Should I just go to another dealer that may be more interested in assisting me? Can I still negotiate the price once the car is traded? I'm not familiar with the process and any info would be greatly appreciated.

11. 10-01-2019 04:04 PM #9

I'll shop cross country. you can have any car delivered to your door for ~$800 so as long as your local dealer won't beat that price Garde Meubles Lyon I'll sit on my butt at home and fedex a check and some paperwork and wait for the new car to come on the truck on a couple weeks.
      Well, I would be curious to see this car at a reduced price and so interesting with the offer delivered at home.

12. Yesterday 09:08 AM #10

I'll shop cross country. you can have any car delivered to your door for ~$800 so as long as your local dealer won't beat that price agence référencement Paris I'll sit on my butt at home and fedex a check and some paperwork and wait for the new car to come on the truck on a couple weeks.
      But what about the customs fees in all of this. Should we buy it or not.