I'm looking to buy a Golf R--I was originally in the market for a '19 DSG, but given my new commute, I wouldn't mind settling for an '18 manual.
I've been working with my dealership since October to order the '19 DSG. They looked around the country for an '18 DSG and found none available. We've been playing the '19 DSG waiting game since. Recently I contacted them to see if they could locate me an '18 Manual. I know there are a bunch out there. I even located one that I find perfect about 200 miles away in a neighboring state. So I called my dealer and asked them if they can look into it--they agreed to, but they're giving me the runaround and I get the impression they won't check it out. They keep saying that it may not be available and they don't want to trade too far. I called the dealer where I found the Golf R and they said it's available, but my dealer doesn't seem to have any urgency to move on it.
Is this an annoying process for my dealer and they just want to wait it out so I fulfill a '19 order? Should I just go to another dealer that may be more interested in assisting me? Can I still negotiate the price once the car is traded? I'm not familiar with the process and any info would be greatly appreciated.