VWVortex.com - Start/Stop Carista
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Start/Stop Carista

1. 01-30-2019 10:29 PM #1
      Looking to pick up Carista for our new Atlas. Has anyone successfully used it to disable the start/stop function? Honestly i've pretty much trained myself to get in and press the disable button, but I was curious if Carista can make it permanent? Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
      VWVortex.com
      Advertisements
    3. 01-30-2019 11:48 PM #2
      How much is it? You can get an OBD11 for $80ish and turn off your start stop plus so much more.

4. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2019 VW Atlas Execline (SEL Premium)
      01-31-2019 08:49 AM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by aurora85 View Post
      Looking to pick up Carista for our new Atlas. Has anyone successfully used it to disable the start/stop function? Honestly i've pretty much trained myself to get in and press the disable button, but I was curious if Carista can make it permanent? Thanks!
      I'd be curious to see how this compares to something like the ODB11 or the Vagcom. At a glance (from the website) it looks promising.

~Spritz

5. 02-03-2019 09:45 PM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by wsutard1 View Post
      How much is it? You can get an OBD11 for $80ish and turn off your start stop plus so much more.
      We don’t have any android devices in the household.

Vehicles
      2018 Atlas SEL Premium 4Motion Black
      02-03-2019 10:59 PM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by aurora85 View Post
      We don’t have any android devices in the household.
      I didn't either. I went on Amazon and got one of the cheap ones by Blu and the OBD11. On the Carista, they have an annual subscription when you take that into account it will more than make up for the price of the cheap android phone. I have done all my changes by using the adaptations and used the apps once during my first try after that dove in to adaptations as users have documented here. I even went into long coding to learn a bit (did that for the fan speed when in auto).
      2018 Atlas SEL Premium - Deep Black Pearl with with Titan Black Leather - Sep 2018 Build

7. 02-04-2019 11:40 AM #6
      Oh nice find - $20 to kill that stop/start feature seems well worth the price!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vehicles
      2018 VW Atlas SEL Premium
      02-04-2019 11:59 AM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by HeyNow... View Post
      Oh nice find - $20 to kill that stop/start feature seems well worth the price!!

A trick reported from boygirlca on this forum using VCDS :

1. Disable the Auto Start/Stop system (Voltage Method):
      1). On Select Control Module screen, click "Select"
      2). Select “19-CAN. Gateway”
      3). Select “Adaptation - 10”, click “Channel” list
      4). Scroll down channel list and find the below 1 channel:
      IDE08348-Start/stop start voltage limit
      ( change “Stored value” {7.6v} to -> “New value” {12.0v}, then click “Do it!” )

So no need to pay if you know where to navigate and change the correct value.
      Also, doing this, you can't re-enable the feature. It's a change of the parameters to allow or discard shutting off the engine.

A device can be installed in order to memorize your last setting, and pressing for you on the button (of course, it's just changing its state by applying an electronic signal) when you start your car.
      2018 Atlas SEL Premium - 3.6Lt V6 - 4 Motion - Platinum Grey Metallic

Vehicles
      02-04-2019 12:19 PM #8
      Quote Originally Posted by Mitch82 View Post
      A trick reported from boygirlca on this forum using VCDS :

1. Disable the Auto Start/Stop system (Voltage Method):
      1). On Select Control Module screen, click "Select"
      2). Select “19-CAN. Gateway”
      3). Select “Adaptation - 10”, click “Channel” list
      4). Scroll down channel list and find the below 1 channel:
      IDE08348-Start/stop start voltage limit
      ( change “Stored value” {7.6v} to -> “New value” {12.0v}, then click “Do it!” )

So no need to pay if you know where to navigate and change the correct value.
      Also, doing this, you can't re-enable the feature. It's a change of the parameters to allow or discard shutting off the engine.

A device can be installed in order to memorize your last setting, and pressing for you on the button (of course, it's just changing its state by applying an electronic signal) when you start your car.
      Are you saying that once you disable them it is permanently disabled and going back to change the value to 7.6V will not re-enable the auto stop/start?

2018 Atlas SEL Premium - Deep Black Pearl with with Titan Black Leather - Sep 2018 Build

10. 02-04-2019 02:22 PM #9
      VCDS looks to be about $100

Carista is about $20 for the hardware which comes with 1 month free

Wouldn’t it be possible to sign up and make the changes within the 1 month free period?

11. 02-09-2019 04:50 PM #10
      Ok I got my Carista device this week.

I just successfully disabled auto stop/start using Method A - inset to 12.0 volts

So far so good!

Vehicles
      02-09-2019 10:29 PM #11
      Ok I got my Carista device this week.

I just successfully disabled auto stop/start using Method A - inset to 12.0 volts

So far so good!

How long of a free trial do you have? If you still you might as well do the other adaptations like enabling the open/close windows from remote, unblocking certain function in the infotainment system (like using the phone to dial on the screen instead of such being blocked. I did all the unblocking using the OBD11 and it already came in very handy as my passenger could now enter the info I need like for directions and so on without me having to pull over. There some other things that can be done but not sure how much of those Carista can do.

02-09-2019 11:42 PM #12
      i am confused is there not a button on the dash?
      2018 VW Atlas Execuline v6 4motion with captain chairs - Loving it!!!!!!!!! [ when the features work lol ]
      2016 Jeep Cherokee - LTD High Altitude Edition - Loaded
      2008 Jeep Patriot - Silver

Vehicles
      02-10-2019 12:03 AM #13
      Quote Originally Posted by AudiVW guy View Post
      What button? If your response to me. What I meant was dialing a number on the screen when you want to manually

15. 02-10-2019 03:02 PM #14
      Quote Originally Posted by AudiVW guy View Post
      There is a button but it has to be pressed each time you restart the vehicle.

Changing in the background by using the methods above is a permanent fix to shut off auto stop/start.

16. 02-10-2019 03:03 PM #15
      Quote Originally Posted by Hfqkhal View Post
      How long of a free trial do you have? If you still you might as well do the other adaptations like enabling the open/close windows from remote, unblocking certain function in the infotainment system (like using the phone to dial on the screen instead of such being blocked. I did all the unblocking using the OBD11 and it already came in very handy as my passenger could now enter the info I need like for directions and so on without me having to pull over. There some other things that can be done but not sure how much of those Carista can do.
      It’s a one month trial - I will go back in and check out those other settings.

Tell you the truth I couldn’t wait to nix the stop/start so I wasn’t focused on the other settings

17. 02-16-2019 02:53 AM #16
      It’s a one month trial - I will go back in and check out those other settings.

Tell you the truth I couldn’t wait to nix the stop/start so I wasn’t focused on the other settings
      any update? i'm considering spending $20 too if I can get basic changes going