VWVortex.com - First Year - 2010 CC Luxury
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: First Year - 2010 CC Luxury

1. 02-10-2019 12:04 AM #1
      Hi all!

First time ever posting on here, but I've followed for years and finally wanted to share a bit of my current build. None of this stuff would have even been possible without what everyone's done on this site. There's lots of other things that have been done, but the stuff below has pictures.

I've had my CC for a little over a year now - it was the replacement to an '07 Jetta I thought I'd never get rid of.

Immediately started doing at least little things. Swapped out the stock lux 17s for 18" Detroits (some like this, some don't - I at least like them better)

Changed the stock head unit to an Eonon Android deal I'd pulled from the Jetta. This would change again soon.

Got snow.

Took photos.

Changed the interior lights to white LED bulbs (thanks DeAutoLED)

Tinted the turn signal housings.

Played around with white dip to see if I could get closer to an S4 fog cover. I couldn't.

Swapped over to black housing LED-DRL headlights (this was all thanks to the huge thread in this forum)

Added a backup camera (and a BFI shift knob)

Added post-facelift vents (and aluminum pedals at some point in time)

Played around with the idea of using EL wire as ambient lighting, then didn't.

Euro cup holder installed!

Played around with the same idea, but this time in white. Still didn't do it.

Went to the canyons.

Blacked out the rear emblem with a white inside. This isn't the best picture.

Wrapped the center console and installed a much newer and bigger head unit.

Ran the wires for the LED vents.

Neuspeed intake.

Fabricated a wood floor for the trunk. Still need to do the edges.

Finally, put in a mk7 Golf R steering wheel, which brings us to now. It's great, but the controls don't really work. They light up, I have no faults, but they don't do anything to either the stereo or the cluster screen. Any thoughts here? I worry that the control module is too old for this wheel in this car, which would suck.

That's up to now, and hopefully there's some good stuff in the future. Any insight on that steering wheel issue would be great - I'd love to have it fully featured in the car. I may make another thread with that specific issue for visibility.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Vehicles
      2009 VW CC LUXURY, 2010 VW PASSAT (sold), 2006 VW GLI (sold), 2000 Audi A6 (my first love)
      02-10-2019 03:13 AM #2
      No pictures of all the things you did? I am curious on how you got your LED strip to work with your new headlights. I assume you have the HELIX/DEPOT S5 style LED housing? If you do, I installed the DEAUTOLED's HID Kit. I also recommend their Fog light switch back LED lights.
      2009 VW CC Luxury 2.0T / Reflex Silver: Mods: Depot/Helix S5 Projectors / Deautoled HID Kit / Deautoled LED Fogs / Euro Headlight Switch /
      LEDGLOW Red LED Footwell lighting / VW Sports Springs / Custom Black Headliner/Pillars
      Gone but not forgotten: 2010 VW Passat 2.0T / 2006 VW GLI 2.0T 6MT (fun to drive) / 2000 AUDI A6 2.8 / 1985 BMW 325i

Vehicles
      2009 VW CC LUXURY, 2010 VW PASSAT (sold), 2006 VW GLI (sold), 2000 Audi A6 (my first love)
      02-10-2019 01:18 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by BMOREGLI View Post
      No pictures of all the things you did? I am curious on how you got your LED strip to work with your new headlights. I assume you have the HELIX/DEPOT S5 style LED housing? If you do, I installed the DEAUTOLED's HID Kit. I also recommend their Fog light switch back LED lights.
      Disregard this..for some reason at work the photos did not show..but I see them now while using tap talk

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
      2009 VW CC Luxury 2.0T / Reflex Silver: Mods: Depot/Helix S5 Projectors / Deautoled HID Kit / Deautoled LED Fogs / Euro Headlight Switch /
      LEDGLOW Red LED Footwell lighting / VW Sports Springs / Custom Black Headliner/Pillars
      Gone but not forgotten: 2010 VW Passat 2.0T / 2006 VW GLI 2.0T 6MT (fun to drive) / 2000 AUDI A6 2.8 / 1985 BMW 325i

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

6. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 CC DSG, 2017 Corvette Grand Sport 7MT, 2010 Audi S4 6MT. 2015 Audi Q3 Quattro
      02-10-2019 01:48 PM #4
      Disregard this..for some reason at work the photos did not show..but I see them now while using tap talk

Replace the timing chain tensioner and make sure your DSG fluid and filter has been changed......

7. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      '04 Jetta TDI, '07 Jetta 2.5, '10 CC 2.0 TSI
      02-10-2019 04:38 PM #5
      Nice Job - Awesome looking ride.
      Oh, and +1 to what CC'ed said - although I'm sure you have already seen those posts.

I have no clue on the MK7 steering wheel controls, but good luck and have fun!

8. 02-11-2019 08:13 AM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by CC'ed View Post

Replace the timing chain tensioner and make sure your DSG fluid and filter has been changed......
      Tensioner, DSG maintenance, and carb cleaning were the first things taken care of when I got it. Cost a bit or took a while to do it, but the peace of mind is nice now.

9. 02-11-2019 07:58 PM #7
      Where'd you get that radio? I like it, was it hard to install ?

10. 02-13-2019 08:59 PM #8
      Quote Originally Posted by JesusATL View Post
      Where'd you get that radio? I like it, was it hard to install ?
      This exact one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/10-1-Androi...item3b1129392e

Install could not have been easier, literally plug and play, and the steering wheel controls, A/C integration, and the rest worked with pretty much zero configuration.