VWVortex.com - For Sale: 5-bedroom, 2.5 bath, and sex dungeon.
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Results 1 to 25 of 34

    Thread: For Sale: 5-bedroom, 2.5 bath, and sex dungeon.

    1. Senior Member 2.0T_Convert's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 23rd, 2009
      Location
      NYC
      Posts
      20,791
      Vehicles
      Fake Rich C300
      02-12-2019 12:44 PM #1


      A real estate listing for an upscale suburban Philadelphia home that includes a sex basement straight out of the “Fifty Shades of Grey” book and film series has gone viral and riled neighbors.

      The five-bedroom, 2.5-bathroom home in Maple Glen, north of the city, was quickly noticed after it was listed for sale Thursday because of the fully furnished pleasure room inside. The colonial brick home is a “one of a kind suburban home” and has an asking price of $750,000, according to the listing.

      Realtor Melissa Leonard dubbed the home “50 Shades of Maple Glen” and has since heard from angry neighbors and media groups requesting to speak with her about it.

      “I saw the first two of the movies. I only read maybe a couple of chapters of the book. That was the first thing that came to mind when I saw it: This guy has ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ going on his basement!" Leonard told Slate. "But I know that it’s a way of life for people. Philly has clubs for this. I go out, I know about nightlife, they nickname me Philly Socialite on Instagram, so I go out all the time. Nothing bothered me.”

      Leonard was recently confronted by a neighbor during a media interview. and some real estate websites have removed the basement from the listing.

      The basement is listed as the fifth bedroom and “can be converted back to a typical suburban basement.”

      “The owner currently rents it out on Airbnb for $750 a night during the week and $2000 a night on weekends,” Leonard told Philadelphia magazine. “He just started this and has made $5,000 in his first month. He’s getting constant bookings, and he even was hired to film a rap video there.”


      Video Link

      Link

    2. Remove Advertisements
      VWVortex.com
      Advertisements
    3. Member TheDarkEnergist's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 21st, 2009
      Location
      Harlem World
      Posts
      9,151
      Vehicles
      Old/German/Broken
      02-12-2019 12:47 PM #2
      This is the epitome of who gives a f**k. Your neighbor, in his own home, built something that presumably he used, with his own money. Why do you care? You're "riled" that someone is getting brazy in their basement?
      Graphic & Web Design, Photography, Branding, Typography - www.darkenergydesign.net

    4. 02-12-2019 12:47 PM #3
      That movie has ruined kinks for me.
      Quote Originally Posted by compy222 View Post
      there is no substitute for clubbing 9,000 baby seals a minute while humiliating a smug hybrid owner.
      Quote Originally Posted by MonsterM View Post
      You don’t drive to go fast in the same way you don’t eat because you want to poop.

    5. Geriatric Member spockcat's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 4th, 2003
      Location
      West Coast, not that west coast. Bay area, not that bay area.
      Posts
      40,149
      Vehicles
      16 Cayman GTS, 16 Colorado Crew, 17 Escape, 09 Versys, 2017 Barracuda
      02-12-2019 01:37 PM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkEnergist View Post
      This is the epitome of who gives a f**k. Your neighbor, in his own home, built something that presumably he used, with his own money. Why do you care? You're "riled" that someone is getting brazy in their basement?
      If he is renting it out for sex parties with cars lined up and down the street with noise at all hours, then yes they should care. If he and his wife/girlfriend and another couple or two are using it for their own amusement and keep everything in private, then no they shouldn't care.

    6. I need new ones NeverEnoughCars's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2nd, 2013
      Location
      Below the glide path to KAUS
      Posts
      11,216
      Vehicles
      Dodge, Toyota, VW, Ford
      02-12-2019 01:42 PM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by spockcat View Post
      If he is renting it out for sex parties with cars lined up and down the street with noise at all hours, then yes they should care. If he and his wife/girlfriend and another couple or two are using it for their own amusement and keep everything in private, then no they shouldn't care.
      Only if the cars are blocking driveways and the party is loud enough to justify a noise ordnance call. But most likely the sounds wont make it out of the basement. At least if it was built correctly.
      If there are just cars and no real noise then they have nothing to complain about.
      Quote Originally Posted by Turbio! View Post
      Pedantry: winning arguments through exasperation since 1651. An Old World Tradition!
      "Now i am become death the destroyer of worlds."-bhagavad gita
      “Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” -T.S. Eliot

    7. Geriatric Member spockcat's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 4th, 2003
      Location
      West Coast, not that west coast. Bay area, not that bay area.
      Posts
      40,149
      Vehicles
      16 Cayman GTS, 16 Colorado Crew, 17 Escape, 09 Versys, 2017 Barracuda
      02-12-2019 01:52 PM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by NeverEnoughCars View Post
      Only if the cars are blocking driveways and the party is loud enough to justify a noise ordnance call. But most likely the sounds wont make it out of the basement. At least if it was built correctly.
      If there are just cars and no real noise then they have nothing to complain about.
      During the party will probably be quiet. But the people coming and going (especially going late at night) will likely be making noise. Probably just long enough to wake up the neighborhood but not long enough for the police to show up. Frankly, residential neighborhoods should be for residents, not short term vacation rentals. That's why most hotels/motels are located in commercial zones, not residential areas.

    8. I need new ones NeverEnoughCars's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2nd, 2013
      Location
      Below the glide path to KAUS
      Posts
      11,216
      Vehicles
      Dodge, Toyota, VW, Ford
      02-12-2019 01:58 PM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by spockcat View Post
      During the party will probably be quiet. But the people coming and going (especially going late at night) will likely be making noise. Probably just long enough to wake up the neighborhood but not long enough for the police to show up. Frankly, residential neighborhoods should be for residents, not short term vacation rentals. That's why most hotels/motels are located in commercial zones, not residential areas.
      People are coming and going from the houses on my street all the time. Different shifts, long commutes, etc. People coming and going is less of an issue than the people with dogs who just leave them outside barking all night. Or the ones who get drunk and listen to country or tejano in the driveway at 3am. Or the people that stay up late watching a sports game in the back yard or with the door and windows open.
      It is not like it is a drug house.
      Quote Originally Posted by Turbio! View Post
      Pedantry: winning arguments through exasperation since 1651. An Old World Tradition!
      "Now i am become death the destroyer of worlds."-bhagavad gita
      “Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” -T.S. Eliot

    9. Geriatric Member spockcat's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 4th, 2003
      Location
      West Coast, not that west coast. Bay area, not that bay area.
      Posts
      40,149
      Vehicles
      16 Cayman GTS, 16 Colorado Crew, 17 Escape, 09 Versys, 2017 Barracuda
      02-12-2019 02:02 PM #8
      Quote Originally Posted by NeverEnoughCars View Post
      People are coming and going from the houses on my street all the time. Different shifts, long commutes, etc. People coming and going is less of an issue than the people with dogs who just leave them outside barking all night. Or the ones who get drunk and listen to country or tejano in the driveway at 3am. Or the people that stay up late watching a sports game in the back yard or with the door and windows open.
      It is not like it is a drug house.
      I guess you have really crappy neighbors.

    10. Member The_Real_Stack's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 18th, 2016
      Location
      Arlington Heights, the center of the universe
      Posts
      982
      Vehicles
      AP1 and JLU
      02-12-2019 02:10 PM #9
      Only 2.5 baths for 5 bedrooms? Hard pass.
      Quote Originally Posted by Volkl View Post
      My wife wanted a SUV with a manual transmission. I suggested a Wrangler, she said no way, too masculine

    11. I need new ones NeverEnoughCars's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2nd, 2013
      Location
      Below the glide path to KAUS
      Posts
      11,216
      Vehicles
      Dodge, Toyota, VW, Ford
      02-12-2019 02:11 PM #10
      Quote Originally Posted by spockcat View Post
      I guess you have really crappy neighbors.
      Better than some worse than others.
      The worst are the next door neighbors that put on a pop up church every Sunday. It sounds like a large sack of cats in heat drowing.
      Quote Originally Posted by Turbio! View Post
      Pedantry: winning arguments through exasperation since 1651. An Old World Tradition!
      "Now i am become death the destroyer of worlds."-bhagavad gita
      “Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” -T.S. Eliot

    12. Member The_Real_Stack's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 18th, 2016
      Location
      Arlington Heights, the center of the universe
      Posts
      982
      Vehicles
      AP1 and JLU
      02-12-2019 02:14 PM #11
      Quote Originally Posted by NeverEnoughCars View Post
      Better than some worse than others.
      False. Exhibit A:

      Or the ones who get drunk and listen to country or tejano in the driveway at 3am.
      The worst are the next door neighbors that put on a pop up church every Sunday. It sounds like a large sack of cats in heat drowing.
      Your neighbors/neighborhood sounds horrific. Move away from the trash, brah.
      Quote Originally Posted by Volkl View Post
      My wife wanted a SUV with a manual transmission. I suggested a Wrangler, she said no way, too masculine

    13. I need new ones NeverEnoughCars's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2nd, 2013
      Location
      Below the glide path to KAUS
      Posts
      11,216
      Vehicles
      Dodge, Toyota, VW, Ford
      02-12-2019 02:22 PM #12
      Quote Originally Posted by The_Real_Stack View Post
      False. Exhibit A:





      Your neighbors/neighborhood sounds horrific. Move away from the trash, brah.
      Working on moving but there are not many options that check enough boxes for us right now. For a while we have had, on average, ~150 people moving here every day. That really screws with the housing market.
      Quote Originally Posted by Turbio! View Post
      Pedantry: winning arguments through exasperation since 1651. An Old World Tradition!
      "Now i am become death the destroyer of worlds."-bhagavad gita
      “Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” -T.S. Eliot

    14. 02-12-2019 02:22 PM #13
      Quote Originally Posted by The_Real_Stack View Post
      False. Exhibit A:
      Or the ones who get drunk and listen to country or tejano in the driveway at 3am.
      We get the latter out by me. Only reason I don't mind is because it's only on weekends. And I'm usually drinking then, so while I'm walking my dog some music is nice.
      Quote Originally Posted by compy222 View Post
      there is no substitute for clubbing 9,000 baby seals a minute while humiliating a smug hybrid owner.
      Quote Originally Posted by MonsterM View Post
      You don’t drive to go fast in the same way you don’t eat because you want to poop.

    15. Member Strange Mud's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 20th, 2017
      Location
      Small Town CT
      Posts
      708
      Vehicles
      2017 GTI
      02-12-2019 02:24 PM #14
      do you have a link to the airbnb listing?




      asking for a friend.....
      Quote Originally Posted by GreenandChrome View Post
      You're supposed to poop in a sock drawer, not sock in a poop drawer.

    16. Member The_Real_Stack's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 18th, 2016
      Location
      Arlington Heights, the center of the universe
      Posts
      982
      Vehicles
      AP1 and JLU
      02-12-2019 02:32 PM #15
      Quote Originally Posted by NeverEnoughCars View Post
      Working on moving but there are not many options that check enough boxes for us right now. For a while we have had, on average, ~150 people moving here every day. That really screws with the housing market.
      Where is "there"? Austin? Me Jelly.
      Quote Originally Posted by Volkl View Post
      My wife wanted a SUV with a manual transmission. I suggested a Wrangler, she said no way, too masculine

    17. Member RENOG's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 25th, 2002
      Location
      San Francisco
      Posts
      4,540
      02-12-2019 03:12 PM #16
      Quote Originally Posted by NeverEnoughCars View Post
      It sounds like a large sack of cats in heat drowing.
      Ok my lunch time Canada Dry almost came out of my nose reading this.....

    18. Member CruznMalibu's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 11th, 2010
      Location
      Michigan
      Posts
      1,340
      Vehicles
      18' Terrain, 14' StingRay, 71' Malibu, 05' Honda VTX, 00' BMW R1100RT, 2 C'Dales
      02-12-2019 03:19 PM #17
      Quote Originally Posted by The_Real_Stack View Post
      Only 2.5 baths for 5 bedrooms? Hard pass.
      Maybe there is a Golden Shower room, that would negate the need for an extra bathroom or two.

    19. Member Jimmy Russells's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 4th, 2007
      Location
      Vancouver
      Posts
      15,421
      Vehicles
      RS3, JKU
      02-12-2019 03:28 PM #18
      There was a house for sale in my neighbourhood about five years ago that had a bed and a bunch of big light fixtures and some tripods all around it. Mildly entertaining.

    20. Member 88c900t's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 6th, 2014
      Location
      "typical wisconsin rust"
      Posts
      8,264
      Vehicles
      17 Focus ST2, 90 RX7 vert, Accord 6-6 sedan, 96 Montego blue Miata.
      02-12-2019 03:28 PM #19
      So it's CJ's girlfriends house from GTA SA? Guess she's moved on up since working at the casino.
      Typical forum guy with busted third-hand cars.
      Quote Originally Posted by Kiyokix View Post
      I like this guy, I like this guy a lot.
      Quote Originally Posted by l88m22vette View Post
      88c900t wins again, you really ****ing crush it at listing a ton of cheap options
      Quote Originally Posted by volvohutter View Post
      You'll always get a pass due to your history of owning classy and sophisticated automobiles

    21. 02-12-2019 03:29 PM #20
      I was picturing something dark and dingy for a dungeon. That's bright and airy and something that can grace the pages of Architectural Digest.

      Is he renting the entire house or just the dungeon on AirBnB?

    22. Member The_Real_Stack's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 18th, 2016
      Location
      Arlington Heights, the center of the universe
      Posts
      982
      Vehicles
      AP1 and JLU
      02-12-2019 03:59 PM #21
      Quote Originally Posted by CruznMalibu View Post
      Maybe there is a Golden Shower room, that would negate the need for an extra bathroom or two.
      You gotta think, if you're going to have a sex room you want a bathroom down there with it!
      Quote Originally Posted by Volkl View Post
      My wife wanted a SUV with a manual transmission. I suggested a Wrangler, she said no way, too masculine

    23. Geriatric Member spockcat's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 4th, 2003
      Location
      West Coast, not that west coast. Bay area, not that bay area.
      Posts
      40,149
      Vehicles
      16 Cayman GTS, 16 Colorado Crew, 17 Escape, 09 Versys, 2017 Barracuda
      02-12-2019 05:09 PM #22
      Quote Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
      do you have a link to the airbnb listing?




      asking for a friend.....
      AirBnB listing: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/3116707...-22&s=fYDz0nps

      And Redfin listing: https://www.redfin.com/PA/Ambler/161.../home/38907751

      Hope your friend enjoys it.

      And some more photos:





      Last edited by spockcat; 02-12-2019 at 05:12 PM.

    24. Senior Member AZGolf's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 6th, 2000
      Location
      Phoenix area
      Posts
      32,429
      02-12-2019 06:00 PM #23
      LOL, as with any furnished house, if the hobby/furniture doesn't suit you, just have it removed either before or shortly after you move in. I don't see any permanent modifications to the home that would take more than an hour of furniture moving time to change. No holes in the ceiling (or walls) or any odd structures built into the house itself. This would literally be an hour of time for a moving crew to make all this stuff leave the house if it doesn't suit you.

    25. Senior Member LT1M21Stingray's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 13th, 2006
      Location
      Foothills of the Adirondacks.
      Posts
      21,066
      Vehicles
      SR71 C30 t53a/b
      02-12-2019 08:56 PM #24
      Quote Originally Posted by spockcat View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by airbnb Review
      We booked Coco’s house to attend a funeral... and our plans changed and Coco refunded an appropriate amount of money. Respect. Steve
      Quote Originally Posted by Mk1Madness
      Back when making your car faster and better handling was the big thing.
      Quote Originally Posted by Tavarish
      The car's best safety feature includes ejecting you in the moment of impact and wishing you the best of luck.
      Buy my couch!

    26. Member
      Join Date
      Mar 20th, 2001
      Posts
      17,334
      Vehicles
      2007 Porsche Cayman 5MT; 2009 VW Passat Highline Wagon 6MT; 2017 VW Golf R 6MT Tech Pack
      02-12-2019 09:29 PM #25
      The décor is surprisingly tasteful.
      Quote Originally Posted by 20aeman View Post
      No, the real enthusiast vehicle would be the RX8. It combines V12 Lamborghini gas mileage with Hyundai Genesis 4cyl. performance.

    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Replies: 2
      Last Post: 12-11-2001, 01:26 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •