VWVortex.com - E-ACCA (A word of caution)
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: E-ACCA (A word of caution)

1. 02-13-2019 10:45 AM #1
      All,

After a couple (smaller) E-ACCA purchases, I was convinced this was the place to find the deals, if you could wait about a month for processing and shipping from Latvia.

My last order was rather large however (golf R Estate rear valence, driver side under-seat tray, lower skit plate, and a few other bits) and it's been the order from hell.

First, after 2 weeks of waiting post order, I am told that some prices went up, pay $8 more
      Then, after another week, I am told that one part is unable to be sourced (just some bolts, no big)
      Then, after another 2 weeks, I am told that shipping costs more than what I originally paid, pay $31 more
      Now i'm still waiting for all of it to ship.

In all, the process was way less than professional this go-around, and I have my concerns in ordering from them again. After all this hassle and price increases, i'd much prefer to order stateside from a more reputable shop like ShopDAP, or ECS. Seriously unprofessional in my opinion.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. Member
      Vehicles
      2018 VW GSW S 4motion, 1991 VW GTI 1.8t, 2012 Mazda 5 Sport, 1986 Suzuki Samurai Tin Top
      02-13-2019 11:02 AM #2
      I recently placed an order for the Euro R Rear Valance as well. I got the same "our prices went up" email. I paid it and then heard nothing for 2-3 weeks. I was constantly checking their tracking status, which said shipped via FedEX, but never knew where exactly the package was when I'd enter the provided tracking number on fedex's site. Then one day last week it just showed up at my door. Both pieces were genuine VW, and in perfect condition. At this point I'd say hold your breath.

If you want specific dates, PM me so you can compare your order to mine.
      Last edited by Veedubgti; 02-13-2019 at 11:04 AM.

4. 02-13-2019 11:04 AM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by Veedubgti View Post
      I recently placed an order for the Euro R Rear Valance as well. I got the same "our prices went up" email. I paid it and then heard nothing for 2-3 weeks. I was constantly checking their tracking status, which said shipped via FedEX, but never provided where exactly the package was when I'd enter the provided tracking number on fedex's site. Then one day last week it just showed up at my door. Both pieces were genuine, and in perfect condition. At this point I'd say hold your breath.

If you want specific dates, PM me so you can compare your order to mine.
      Yeah, time is OK, lack of clarity on exact trackin status is OK, but 2 price hikes and still no shipping over a month later is a major red flag as to the true professionalism of a business.

I will say though, Natalja has been nice... so i'm not worried about not getting product, just venting over the rather ****ty 'process.'

I think it's enough to keep me from going back to them.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

6. Member
      Vehicles
      2018 VW GSW S 4motion, 1991 VW GTI 1.8t, 2012 Mazda 5 Sport, 1986 Suzuki Samurai Tin Top
      02-13-2019 11:08 AM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by _Maxwell View Post
      Yeah, time is OK, lack of clarity on exact trackin status is OK, but 2 price hikes and still no shipping over a month later is a major red flag as to the true professionalism of a business.

I will say though, Natalja has been nice... so i'm not worried about not getting product, just venting over the rather ****ty 'process.'

I think it's enough to keep me from going back to them.
      Honestly, I'm not sure of any other way to import the R Valence. If someone like ShopDAP offered it, sure, but they don't and their Sportwagen parts list is pretty weak. The lack of communication is just something we all have to deal with, unfortunately.
      Last edited by Veedubgti; 02-13-2019 at 11:28 AM.

7. 02-13-2019 11:12 AM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by Veedubgti View Post
      Honestly, I'm not sure of any other way to import the R Valance. If someone like ShopDAP offered it, sure, but they don't and their Sportwagen parts list is pretty weak. The lack of communication is just something we all have to deal with, unfortunately.
      R valence, sure, and I agree based on research. The rest however, could have been ordered at ECS and shopDAP, and at this point I regret not doing so. E-ACCA may be reserved for the odd forbidden bits we can't find elsewhere, *shrug*

8. Member
      Vehicles
      '17 GSW S
      02-13-2019 04:16 PM #6
      I have had a few small quibbles with e-acca as well, but nothing big enough to make me stop buying them (I've also been told I have to pay more than the posted price at the time of order, this happened once). I suspect their database is probably not updated regularly so their posted prices can become outdated, and they don't realize it until it's time to invoice you for your purchase. It's frustrating especially to a US consumer bred on the notion that all price mess-ups are intentional and designed to mislead and aren't to be tolerated, but at the end of the day I think e-acca is very honest and trustworthy. Only once did an order not arrive, and it was through no fault of e-acca. The PO had messed up and delivered my order to the same street address in a different town. I've placed five separate orders through e-acca and will certainly order from them in the future.

Natalya (sp?) at e-acca has been very helpful and responsive to questions.
      OBDeleven coding mods done on my 2017 GSW S

past VAGs: '69 Type 3 Variant • 1984 GTI • '85 Scirocco Wolfsburg Edition • '86 Scirocco • '86 Audi 4000S

9. 02-13-2019 05:15 PM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by southpawboston View Post
      I have had a few small quibbles with e-acca as well, but nothing big enough to make me stop buying them (I've also been told I have to pay more than the posted price at the time of order, this happened once). I suspect their database is probably not updated regularly so their posted prices can become outdated, and they don't realize it until it's time to invoice you for your purchase. It's frustrating especially to a US consumer bred on the notion that all price mess-ups are intentional and designed to mislead and aren't to be tolerated, but at the end of the day I think e-acca is very honest and trustworthy. Only once did an order not arrive, and it was through no fault of e-acca. The PO had messed up and delivered my order to the same street address in a different town. I've placed five separate orders through e-acca and will certainly order from them in the future.

Natalya (sp?) at e-acca has been very helpful and responsive to questions.
      My first order with them went fairly smoothly. I wasn't sure if they received it as there wasn't really a notification after paying via PayPal, so I emailed them about it. They responded the next day with an email confirming order was received. It showed up on their site to track shortly after that and shipped last week (approx 3 weeks later - I'm in no hurry). Now it's all in a box sitting about 20 mile from me in a FedEx facility waiting to be delivered, weather permitting. No cost adjustment for anything (Variant R springs, pads, bump stops, strut bearings). I would guess that parts, suppliers, supply/demand all affect pricing on regular basis. Amazon prices can adjust daily.

On the other hand, I did receive an email re: Bilstein B6 rear shocks from Summit Racing that they are on back order and won't ship most likely until April (front struts were in stock). I'll probably put the new tires/wheels on in April to replace the winter setup, and then install the suspension bits when the final stuff arrives along with the tune.

10. 02-13-2019 10:24 PM #8
      Man I recently purchased the rear diffuser about a week ago.... hope things go smooth...:/ got the email saying they received my order but hasn’t shipped out yet ughh hate waiting for car parts

11. 02-13-2019 11:12 PM #9
      Quote Originally Posted by Graphicinstaller253 View Post
      Man I recently purchased the rear diffuser about a week ago.... hope things go smooth...:/ got the email saying they received my order but hasn’t shipped out yet ughh hate waiting for car parts
      If you hate waiting for parts, I'm not sure E-ACCA is your best option...

I've ordered from them a few times, and I've always gotten my stuff. I did have one item that needed some additional shipping $$--though the total shipping charge seemed quite reasonable. It's not Amazon Prime though, by any means. They're pretty casual with the communication, but the stuff always seems to show up eventually--and the prices are hard to beat. If I ever "needed" something on a timeline, I'd likely look elsewhere.

Vehicles
      '19 Jetta SEL Premium, '71 Karmann Ghia, and wife's '18 Tiguan Limited and '04 Jetta GLS
      02-13-2019 11:38 PM #10
      I had an order in for the under seat tray from them. They sent me an email saying the price for shipping went up. They asked if I wanted a full refund to which I answered "Yes." I think that I am now better off going to ECS Tuning for that one.
      Last edited by MNJetta2013; 02-15-2019 at 09:12 PM.
      Brad Spear
      St. Charles, MN
      2019 Jetta SEL Premium
      Wife's 2018 Tiguan Limited and 2004 Jetta GLS
      Our 1971 Karmann Ghia Coupe

13. Member
      Vehicles
      '17 Alltrack SE, '15 Passat TDI SEL
      02-14-2019 08:03 AM #11
      Quote Originally Posted by Jack Watts View Post
      If you hate waiting for parts, I'm not sure E-ACCA is your best option...
      Agreed stick with tried and true ECS at least you'll know you'll be disappointed with them.
      '15 Passat SEL (NOS bought April '17 w/ 60 miles on the clock)
      '17 Alltrack SE

Bought back: '10 Jetta TDI sedan manual, '12 Passat SE (roof and Nav)

14. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2018 GSW / stick / Comforline / Light Pack. / all black
      02-14-2019 08:41 AM #12
      Here's my experience.

Ordered the 2 parts required to do the 'R' Estate rear valence. Order was placed on January 22nd and I got my package on February 12th. I got a notification my order was placed and I could see in my user account on their website that my order was waiting to ship with a mention for FEDEX as a carrier.

On February 6th, I got an email saying my order was shipped and I was given a tracking number by email. Since my account was saying FEDEX, I went to the FEDEX tracking page but the number didn't exist. Turns out it was an USPS tracking number but I was not able to track anything, it always said 'label created, not yet in system' until it was delivered.

I wasn't home on the 12th so yesterday I went out to pick up the box and it was beaten up, had 4 holes in it and a portion of the valence was sticking out the box through one hole. Fortunately nothing was damaged but packaging was clearly insufficent. It was a box made of two too small boxes tapped together to make one big and only a little kraft paper inside to protect. Valence was shrink wrapped but not the edges and certainly not the edge that was sticking out the box. I took some pics and plan on politely sharing with them. They need to step up their game a little. They need to communicate better, give us proper tracking info and most of all, do better packaging.

15. 02-14-2019 09:23 AM #13
      I’m sure everyone hates waiting for parts but no where’s else really to get the r estate rear valance so I gave in to waiting fingers crossed shows up in one piece!

16. Member
      Vehicles
      2018 Wagen 6MT 4MO
      02-14-2019 09:34 AM #14
      Quote Originally Posted by sebxb View Post
      Here's my experience.

Ordered the 2 parts required to do the 'R' Estate rear valence. Order was placed on January 22nd and I got my package on February 12th. I got a notification my order was placed and I could see in my user account on their website that my order was waiting to ship with a mention for FEDEX as a carrier.

On February 6th, I got an email saying my order was shipped and I was given a tracking number by email. Since my account was saying FEDEX, I went to the FEDEX tracking page but the number didn't exist. Turns out it was an USPS tracking number but I was not able to track anything, it always said 'label created, not yet in system' until it was delivered.

I wasn't home on the 12th so yesterday I went out to pick up the box and it was beaten up, had 4 holes in it and a portion of the valence was sticking out the box through one hole. Fortunately nothing was damaged but packaging was clearly insufficent. It was a box made of two too small boxes tapped together to make one big and only a little kraft paper inside to protect. Valence was shrink wrapped but not the edges and certainly not the edge that was sticking out the box. I took some pics and plan on politely sharing with them. They need to step up their game a little. They need to communicate better, give us proper tracking info and most of all, do better packaging.
      HEY!
      Look like we have the same car - 2018 4Mo all black - shift stick - light package
      Can I ask how much the R Valence kit costed you all included (with duties and taxes)?
      So I guess you plan to do a mod on the exhaust.

I'm thinking about making the order of the R Estate valence via E-ACCA but that kind of story kind of turns me off.

17. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2018 GSW / stick / Comforline / Light Pack. / all black
      02-14-2019 09:49 AM #15
      Quote Originally Posted by Polochon View Post
      HEY!
      Look like we have the same car - 2018 4Mo all black - shift stick - light package
      Can I ask how much the R Valence kit costed you all included (with duties and taxes)?
      So I guess you plan to do a mod on the exhaust.

I'm thinking about making the order of the R Estate valence via E-ACCA but that kind of story kind of turns me off.
      We do have the same car! I just plan on putting in the quad tips (would like something black instead of chrome though) but no mufflers or special exhaust system for now. So basically just aesthetics for me.

All costs in it was 252$ CAD. But I suspect I would've been hit with extra duties if it was shipped by UPS or FEDEX.

18. 02-14-2019 10:05 AM #16
      Cost me 192$ US for the estate rear valance and that center mesh piece

19. Member
      Vehicles
      02-14-2019 12:56 PM #17
      Quote Originally Posted by sebxb View Post
      Here's my experience.

I also had to go to the local Fedex distribution center to sign for my order of "rear window wings" Audi jack pads and center belly pan. It wasn't really a box but more of flatpack cardboard and miles of packing tape to make a clam shell. Nothing was damaged, but it was rather creative way to avoid a massive box I'm sure other shippers would have had to use.
      '17 Alltrack SE

20. 02-14-2019 02:52 PM #18
      After my initial order and payment 1/23, I was upcharged a total of $45~ for part increases and freight, and the stuff JUST shipped from Latvia via fedex, today 2/14

En route!

(I also just ordered a bleeder block, clutch stop, maxton diffuser, and stage 2 dogbone mount from ECS) ****!

21. Member
      Vehicles
      02-15-2019 08:19 AM #19
      Quote Originally Posted by _Maxwell View Post
      After my initial order and payment 1/23, I was upcharged a total of $45~ for part increases and freight, and the stuff JUST shipped from Latvia via fedex, today 2/14

En route!

(I also just ordered a bleeder block, clutch stop, maxton diffuser, and stage 2 dogbone mount from ECS) ****!
      I'd still rather deal with E-ACCA than ECS, at least E-ACCA has a good excuse for delays being on a different continent.
      '17 Alltrack SE

22. 02-15-2019 08:44 AM #20
      Quote Originally Posted by Dieseldog12 View Post
      Agreed stick with tried and true ECS at least you'll know you'll be disappointed with them.
      This is signature material right here.

02-15-2019 09:24 AM #21
      Quote Originally Posted by Dieseldog12 View Post
      Lol. You know ECS is going to F it up even before you submit your order. This way your never disappointed.
      2017 VW Golf Alltrack SEL
      2014 VW Touareg Lux - OZ Forged Wheels
      2016 Subaru Forester Limited & 2016 Subaru Crosstrek Limited

24. 02-25-2019 10:40 AM #22
      Has anyone recently purchased from them within the month or so? Recently purchased diffuser beginning of the month but still hasn’t shipped.. I even sent a message just asking a eta and never heard back curious if anyone else has parts waiting.

25. 02-25-2019 11:58 AM #23
      I ordered a rear sway bar on February 1. It was shipped on the 12th, and arrived a few days later.

Has anyone recently purchased from them within the month or so? Recently purchased diffuser beginning of the month but still hasn’t shipped.. I even sent a message just asking a eta and never heard back curious if anyone else has parts waiting.

26. Member
      02-25-2019 02:51 PM #24
      I also ordered the Golf Estate R rear valence/diffuser recently. I placed my order on February 17, then received confirmation of ‘order received’ on the very next day, and now I’m waiting for it to ship. It takes time, but shouldn’t take a full month to ship unless they’re very backed up or availability is limited. It seems like many of us are ordering this valence, so this could contribute to some delay. The only other time I ordered from e-Acca, it took two and a half weeks from ‘order received’ to ‘shipped’ for the rear windshield side spoilers. Then it was in FedEx’s hands for 5 days before reaching me here in Canada.

I have faith in them, like many others, and have not heard of very poor experiences – it just takes time and requires you to be patient.
      2018 VW Golf Sportwagen Comfortline (SE) 4Motion DSG

Past: 2004.5 VW Jetta GLI 1.8T, 2002 VW Jetta GLS 1.8T

27. Member
      Vehicles
      2018 GSW 4MO 6MT
      02-25-2019 05:49 PM #25
      I ordered Golf R Variant springs and RSB on Feb. 7th, and fedex states they were delivered today (can’t confirm anything as I’m currently 2000 miles away skiing haha).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast