VWVortex.com - IE CAI noise
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Results 1 to 8 of 8

    Thread: IE CAI noise

    1. 02-15-2019 06:32 PM #1
      Well guys I finally bought an IE intake, it sounds bad A$$. I do have one question, at certain RPMs i hear a whistle. Has anyone had this issue ?
      I tried uploading a video but it says I cant.
      Thank you.

      Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

    2. Remove Advertisements
      VWVortex.com
      Advertisements
    3. Member snobrdrdan's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 9th, 2008
      Location
      Southeast Michigan
      Posts
      15,464
      Vehicles
      2017 VW
      02-16-2019 03:50 AM #2
      It's common with open air intakes.
      The GFB DV+ will (usually) get rid of it
      2017 Tiguan

    4. 02-16-2019 07:51 AM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by snobrdrdan View Post
      It's common with open air intakes.
      The GFB DV+ will (usually) get rid of it
      The GFB DV+ ? Im not sure what that is but I'll look it up.

      Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

    5. Member
      Join Date
      Dec 14th, 2014
      Posts
      782
      Vehicles
      83 BMW 320i(rip) 92 VW Cabrio(sold) 99 VW Cabrio(sold) 94 Nissan Sentra(rip)09 VW CC Sport 6MT
      02-16-2019 03:02 PM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by vw14cc View Post
      The GFB DV+ ? Im not sure what that is but I'll look it up.

      Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
      You likely just need to update your diverter valve to the newest update. You don't need to get a GFB. But I will say I have an IE CAI and have never experienced a whistle and I've only heard about it with the unitronic CAI


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    6. 02-16-2019 03:08 PM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by Jscharff View Post
      You likely just need to update your diverter valve to the newest update. You don't need to get a GFB. But I will say I have an IE CAI and have never experienced a whistle and I've only heard about it with the unitronic CAI


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Is this something I need to worry about ?

      Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

    7. 02-16-2019 03:08 PM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by Jscharff View Post
      You likely just need to update your diverter valve to the newest update. You don't need to get a GFB. But I will say I have an IE CAI and have never experienced a whistle and I've only heard about it with the unitronic CAI


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      How do I update my diverter valve to the new update ?

      Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

    8. Member
      Join Date
      Dec 14th, 2014
      Posts
      782
      Vehicles
      83 BMW 320i(rip) 92 VW Cabrio(sold) 99 VW Cabrio(sold) 94 Nissan Sentra(rip)09 VW CC Sport 6MT
      02-16-2019 03:36 PM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by vw14cc View Post
      How do I update my diverter valve to the new update ?

      Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
      https://www.ecstuning.com/b-pierburg.../06h145710dkt/




      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    9. 02-16-2019 03:59 PM #8
      Quote Originally Posted by Jscharff View Post
      Thanks a bunch. Ordered!!

      Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

    Similar Threads

    1. CAI noise question
      By superfuzz in forum 1.8T Engine Forum
      Replies: 5
      Last Post: 06-10-2004, 01:23 PM
    2. Wierd CAI Noise on 04 24V, whistling sound (no-FI joke, real question)
      By Habitual Linestepper in forum 2.8l 24v VR6 Engine Forum
      Replies: 5
      Last Post: 05-17-2004, 10:15 PM
    3. Odd CAI Noise....
      By nyc_GTI in forum 1.8T Engine Forum
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: 03-12-2003, 08:42 PM
    4. CAI noise after install, probably normal, just want to be sure
      By SoFlaTurbo in forum 1.8T Engine Forum
      Replies: 5
      Last Post: 01-19-2003, 01:58 AM
    5. velocity cai noise questions...
      By dub 1.8t in forum 1.8T Engine Forum
      Replies: 5
      Last Post: 10-23-2002, 03:34 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •