VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

New England Car Shows 2019

8K views 45 replies 13 participants last post by  djstarscr3am 
#1 · (Edited)
I have been looking for an updated list of shows for this season and haven't found any so I decided to compile them into a thread here. Some are outside of New England and upstate NY, but close enough

Let me know of all the ones that I've missed or any information that I have incorrect:

04/14: UC3 - East Hartford, CT

04/21: Upstate VAG Season Opener - Saratoga Springs, NY

04/28: New England Dustoff - Thompson, CT

05/04: 40s in a Bag - Sampsonville, NY

05/05: Broke East - Thompson, CT

05/19: Cars and Coffee at FCP Euro - Milford, CT

06/15-06/16: Eurokracy - Mirabel, QC

06/15-06/16: Vacationland VAG Fair - Brunswick, ME

07/11-07/14: Viva East - Boxborough, MA

08/01-08/04: Wolfsgart - Essex Junction, VT

08/18: VWs on the Hill - Cumberland, RI

08/18: Fieldwerks - Ludlow, MA

08/25: Eurobuilt - Rutland, VT

09/15: Volksbahn - Moultonborough, NH

10/05-10/06: Euro Summit - Tannersville, NY

10/06: Staggered - Springfield, MA

10/12-10/13: Das Laufwerk - Hunter, NY

10/12: RADwood Boston - Brookline, MA

April-October: Cruise Night at Patriot Place - Foxborough, MA ---> http://www.patriot-place.com/masscruisers

May-October: Cars and Coffee at Larz Anderson Auto Museum - Brookline, MA ---> https://larzanderson.org/carscoffee/

May-October: Lawn Events at Larz Anderson Auto Museum - Brookline, MA ---> https://larzanderson.org/2019lawnevents/

See less See more
#4 ·
Can't wait for wolfsgart 10. Champlain valley had their calendar out and the first weekend in August is still open. Week before and after are booked. Hopefully a good sign that it's still going on this year.

#19 ·
#21 ·
There's one other good show to add, Das Laufwerk Euro Car Rallye, put on by some of the same folks that run 40's In A Bag. Held October 12-13 at Hunter Mountain, NY. I've been a few times, there's nice roads, good beer, and pretty Fall foliage . Theres always some cool/unusual cars show up.
Highly recommend [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

#22 ·
Mainly air cooled show for anyone interested.

August 18 Cumberland,RI diamond hill.

VW's on the Hill.

Sun, August 18, 2019, 10:00 AM EDT

4097 Diamond Hill Road

Cumberland, RI 02864

#24 ·
There is a car show just about every other Thursday night at Patriot Place. Usually a great turnout.

http://www.patriot-place.com/masscruisers

2019 Cruise Dates*:

•April 11
•April 25
•May 9
•May 23
•June 6
•June 20
•July 11
•July 18
•August 1
•August 15
•September 5
•September 12
•September 26
•October 3
•October 24

*Cruise dates are subject to change due to weather and/or conflicts with Gillette Stadium and New England Patriots Events.

#32 ·
If you like custom cars and Rockabilly music here's a great event coming up next weekend

www.viva-east.net
That looks like a good time.

VIVA EAST 2019

ROCKABILLY WEEKENDER

AND CUSTOM CAR SHOW

JULY 11-14, 2019

Boxboro Regency hotel

242 Adams Pl, Boxborough, MA

#37 ·
Here's a thread I made of some of my photos from Wolfsgart. I will upload and post more later.

https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?9334975-Wolfsgart-2019-Picture-Post

We had a great time but once again I feel like the show wasn't super organized. May be just a lack of volunteers but I felt bad for the woman on Saturday sitting in a roasting hot ticket booth - alone - trying to get people wristbands and into the show.

#39 ·
For the record: This may sound like a rant, but it's not. Just some stuff i noticed.

When i got there on Saturday there were two people working the booth (1130ish) and the line was ~10 people long and it moved pretty quickly.

Speaking of lines, the lines for the T-shirts was ridiculous. You couldn't even see what you were in line for until you got up to the front as nothing was displayed like in previous years. Surprised that there were no stickers this year. Also, last year they were spotlighting the BMW 2002 and they had a really cool shirt with one on it. This year they were spotlighting the Corrado so i was hoping to see a shirt with one on it. Nope....

I grabbed some tshirts and posters and brought them out to my car in the parking lot around 1230PM so that i wouldn't have to carry them around with me. The line at that time was easily 70 people long. This is not an exaggeration.

#41 · (Edited)
Oh yeah I forgot about the t-shirt booth. That was rough. Especially since the line was in the roasting hot sun. I didn't see a Corrado shirt either but I did get one with a MK1 Golf on it.

I'd honestly think after 10 years they would have those simple bugs worked out. Still a great show, don't get me wrong but if people have to keep waiting in line they probably won't be as likely to return.

I was also really surprised by and almost complete lack of vendor tents. My buddy was ready to drop some cash on parts, shirts, etc and there was almost nothing worth looking at.
I got the same shirt as well.

Definitely a lack of vendors. Almost seemed that this years event was put together in a rush. Also, it's nice that VW shows up every year, but i don't want to play your games...can i just buy the T Shirt????? No? sigh....

I wish they would list the event times somewhere at the show. Even the website on the day of the show had "TBA" next to the events.

I look forward to this show every year and this is the first time i came away feeling like it didn't meet my expectations. I'll still go back next year :D

EDIT: Now it is really starting to sound like a rant...

#46 ·
I got the same shirt as well.

Definitely a lack of vendors. Almost seemed that this years event was put together in a rush. Also, it's nice that VW shows up every year, but i don't want to play your games...can i just buy the T Shirt????? No? sigh....

I wish they would list the event times somewhere at the show. Even the website on the day of the show had "TBA" next to the events.

I look forward to this show every year and this is the first time i came away feeling like it didn't meet my expectations. I'll still go back next year :D

EDIT: Now it is really starting to sound like a rant...
Yea i brought money with me in hopes to grab some sweet parts or something and there were 0 vendors and no swap meet stuff. the way the show also runs with no time frame really sucks because i feel like i either miss stuff or it just never happens. they definitely need more structure and more vendors. the show gets a great turn out if they can get VW to show up i'm sure they could get Rotiform/unitronic/APR/NGP racing or someone to come up and sell off some stuff.

#43 ·
Don't know who is headed up to Eurobuilt in Rutland this coming Sunday but I plan on leaving New London, NH around 7AM or so and heading up I-89 to Vermont, getting off Exit 1 Woodstock, and taking Route 4 up over Killington.

If anyone is taking a similar route at a similar time I'd love to have company to cruise with. At this point I am meeting a few guys at the Rutland Home Depot around 8:30AM to cruise over to the show field together. :beer:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.