VWVortex.com - 2019 Golf R USA allocations starting to trickle in
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627 LastLast
    Results 601 to 625 of 651

    Thread: 2019 Golf R USA allocations starting to trickle in

    1. Member
      Join Date
      May 19th, 2009
      Location
      lower NY
      Posts
      151
      Vehicles
      2003 GTI VR6 SG beyond 280k, 2008 A4 S-Line 2.0T 6mt, 2019 Golf R DSG 91 Blue
      05-15-2019 07:02 PM #601



    2. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    3. Member
      Join Date
      Feb 10th, 2015
      Location
      Los Angeles
      Posts
      1,113
      Vehicles
      2015 R
      05-15-2019 07:41 PM #602
      ^ Love that color! Reminds me of Porsche Miami Blue.

    4. Member
      Join Date
      May 19th, 2009
      Location
      lower NY
      Posts
      151
      Vehicles
      2003 GTI VR6 SG beyond 280k, 2008 A4 S-Line 2.0T 6mt, 2019 Golf R DSG 91 Blue
      05-15-2019 08:41 PM #603
      Quote Originally Posted by reallypeacedoff View Post
      ^ Love that color! Reminds me of Porsche Miami Blue.
      It's a weird color man! In this pic and under bright sunlight it looks like a light blue. In overcast light, it almost looks like a teal...But there is no pearl or metallic to it, so maybe it's some strange color perception thing.

    5. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Mar 8th, 2019
      Location
      Tyrone, GA
      Posts
      37
      Vehicles
      2015 Honda Civic Si (daily), 1979 Datsun 620, 1973 Datsun 240Z, 2019 Golf R (ordered)
      05-15-2019 11:50 PM #604
      Quote Originally Posted by CeeBeeKay View Post
      Finally, paint correction/ PPF/ ceramic coat whole car...and home!!!! Thanks to the meticulous work by Enthusiast Details in Mamaroneck, NY.

      [IMG]<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://s1064.photobucket.com/user/Alienfromirth/embed/slideshow/"></iframe>[/IMG]
      That 91 Blue looks pretty damn good.............

      So you had PPF applied on the entire car and ceramic coating over that or just the PPF applied on the front clip and ceramic coating from the front doors, back?

    6. 05-16-2019 04:09 AM #605


      I just wanted to thank the thread and community. I picked up the car a couple weeks back. I LOVED my MK5 GTI so moving to the R was a big transition for me. That said, I am loving 7.5 R it so far. It can be crazy smooth and aggressive. An awesome one car garage solution for a family guy + enthusiast like me.

      Again, thank you everyone for all the updates and info... hopefully some the input I provided on here was helpful as well.

      Cheers!

    7. 05-17-2019 01:39 AM #606
      I'm looking for an R and having a little trouble finding stock around me in SoCal. The VW website doesn't allow a radius search unfortunately, so it's impossible to search dealer inventory in a wide geography. Anyone know a workaround?? Thank you!

    8. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Mar 8th, 2019
      Location
      Tyrone, GA
      Posts
      37
      Vehicles
      2015 Honda Civic Si (daily), 1979 Datsun 620, 1973 Datsun 240Z, 2019 Golf R (ordered)
      05-17-2019 03:50 AM #607
      Quote Originally Posted by turbosocal View Post
      I'm looking for an R and having a little trouble finding stock around me in SoCal. The VW website doesn't allow a radius search unfortunately, so it's impossible to search dealer inventory in a wide geography. Anyone know a workaround?? Thank you!
      I just checked cargurus.com. There are plenty of R’s in southern cal. I searched zip code 90210 and 200miles. Not sure exactly where you are but Corona, Glendale, Carlsbad, LA, and others. Cars all around there. I hope this helps, good luck, and I hope you find what you’re looking for.

    9. 05-17-2019 04:21 AM #608
      Quote Originally Posted by turbosocal View Post
      I'm looking for an R and having a little trouble finding stock around me in SoCal. The VW website doesn't allow a radius search unfortunately, so it's impossible to search dealer inventory in a wide geography. Anyone know a workaround?? Thank you!
      If you want to see what’s on lots... per above CarGurus, Autotrader, etc should show you what’s around.

      If you want to see what’s on its way... Do a search for all the dealers. Grab their zip codes and then one by one search the zips. Otherwise call a dealer and have them run a locate for you.

      I picked mine up in SoCal (SD), the dealers can be a bit of a pain to deal with. Good luck.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by pseudopop; 05-17-2019 at 04:25 AM.

    10. 05-17-2019 07:39 PM #609
      Quote Originally Posted by firstVWever View Post
      I just checked cargurus.com. There are plenty of R’s in southern cal. I searched zip code 90210 and 200miles. Not sure exactly where you are but Corona, Glendale, Carlsbad, LA, and others. Cars all around there. I hope this helps, good luck, and I hope you find what you’re looking for.
      Thank you. CarGurus is exactly what I needed!

    11. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Mar 12th, 2019
      Location
      CO
      Posts
      23
      05-18-2019 08:58 AM #610
      Quote Originally Posted by pseudopop View Post


      I just wanted to thank the thread and community. I picked up the car a couple weeks back. I LOVED my MK5 GTI so moving to the R was a big transition for me. That said, I am loving 7.5 R it so far. It can be crazy smooth and aggressive. An awesome one car garage solution for a family guy + enthusiast like me.

      Again, thank you everyone for all the updates and info... hopefully some the input I provided on here was helpful as well.

      Cheers!
      Cool Pic!

    12. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Mar 12th, 2019
      Location
      CO
      Posts
      23
      05-18-2019 09:01 AM #611
      Per news reports it looks like Trump European tariffs are on hold for 6 months. This is good news for those of us waiting on our Rs that have yet to built/shipped.

    13. Member
      Join Date
      May 19th, 2009
      Location
      lower NY
      Posts
      151
      Vehicles
      2003 GTI VR6 SG beyond 280k, 2008 A4 S-Line 2.0T 6mt, 2019 Golf R DSG 91 Blue
      05-18-2019 12:10 PM #612
      Quote Originally Posted by firstVWever View Post

      That 91 Blue looks pretty damn good.............

      So you had PPF applied on the entire car and ceramic coating over that or just the PPF applied on the front clip and ceramic coating from the front doors, back?
      XPel on the whole car. Ceramic coat on all the PPF and pretty much every thing else except the glass.

    14. 05-19-2019 05:48 PM #613
      Walnut Creek and San Francisco stores want 2-3k markup.
      San Francisco sales rep had the gall to say market value is 47k so their 44k asking was a deal.

      Both were for a lapiz dsg model.

      Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

    15. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Oct 14th, 2018
      Location
      Moraga, CA
      Posts
      26
      Vehicles
      Magma Orange 2019 Golf R (on its way)
      05-20-2019 03:43 PM #614
      Quote Originally Posted by quadova85 View Post
      Walnut Creek and San Francisco stores want 2-3k markup.
      San Francisco sales rep had the gall to say market value is 47k so their 44k asking was a deal.

      Both were for a lapiz dsg model.

      Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
      Really? I got my Spektrum R from Andres Garcia at Dirito Brothers for MSRP without negotiating.

    16. 05-20-2019 04:32 PM #615
      Yea it's a new thing the rep told me. To be fair Walnut Creek was more open about it and not trying to sell me on how great of a deal their markup is. I told them to let me know if they want to give msrp and I'll go.

      Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

    17. Member
      Join Date
      Oct 29th, 2000
      Location
      Irvine, CA
      Posts
      1,124
      Vehicles
      Jeep Grand Cherokee
      05-21-2019 03:08 AM #616
      I’m glad I didn’t call Dirito last week before I bought mine then, that would have pissed me off. I passed on a white DSG here in Orange County for MSRP and bought my Lapiz Blue DSG in Phoenix.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    18. 05-21-2019 09:09 AM #617
      How was your experience with the Phoenix dealer? Reasonable dealer fees with it being our of state? Did you drive or ship it? I'm starting to expand my search as well so I'm super curious.

      Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

    19. 05-21-2019 09:22 AM #618
      Did you try Sunnyvale? They recently were selling at MSRP.

      They show only 2 in red on their website, but vw.com shows some extras (try zip 95134)

    20. 05-21-2019 09:30 AM #619
      Thanks for the tip! I'll check them out

      Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

    21. Member
      Join Date
      Oct 29th, 2000
      Location
      Irvine, CA
      Posts
      1,124
      Vehicles
      Jeep Grand Cherokee
      05-21-2019 11:23 AM #620
      Quote Originally Posted by quadova85 View Post
      How was your experience with the Phoenix dealer? Reasonable dealer fees with it being our of state? Did you drive or ship it? I'm starting to expand my search as well so I'm super curious.

      Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
      Camelback VW was actually one of the best dealer experiences I’ve ever had, no BS. I negotiated a price and terms over the phone with the sales manager, Michael. After coming to an agreement I filled out their online credit app and gave a $1000 deposit on a credit card.

      My daughter and I got on a flight the next day and picked the car up. The salesman was knowledgable about the Golf R unlike some other dealers I’d visited. The finance process went as planned and I was out of there within an hour. I financed with VW and will keep their financing for 60 days so the dealership gets their kickback. After that I’ll refinance or pay it off. Everyone at the dealership really made it a fun experience and significantly better than my purchase at Chrysler a few months ago.

      California and Arizona have a sales tax agreement so you either get back what you overpaid or pay the difference. You have to do the licensing yourself at the DMV, AAA can’t register a new car. My appointment at the DMV is next week, just bring in the form, a smog check (seriously), and money.

      Dealer doc fee was higher than what we pay in California at $498 but the price on the car was low enough to make up for it.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    22. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Oct 14th, 2018
      Location
      Moraga, CA
      Posts
      26
      Vehicles
      Magma Orange 2019 Golf R (on its way)
      05-21-2019 11:37 AM #621
      How do you find the ship info? The link above isn't working for me. My car is on carrier 317 which was scheduled to depart for Benicia on May 16.

    23. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Mar 8th, 2019
      Location
      Tyrone, GA
      Posts
      37
      Vehicles
      2015 Honda Civic Si (daily), 1979 Datsun 620, 1973 Datsun 240Z, 2019 Golf R (ordered)
      05-21-2019 12:46 PM #622
      Quote Originally Posted by geh View Post
      How do you find the ship info? The link above isn't working for me. My car is on carrier 317 which was scheduled to depart for Benicia on May 16.
      Hi,
      How do you know that your R is on boat 317? My R missed the boat “Goodwood” so know it’s hopefully on the “Primrose Ace”
      Which departed on the 17th from Emdem. I have links so you can track the boat, but you need the name of the boat. I didn’t have a name, I just did process of elimination of the boats leaving the port and the dates my dealer gave me. I will look to see if I can finding the name of your boat. I already did a little search and came up with nothing. I will post the links.

    24. Semi-n00b
      Join Date
      Mar 8th, 2019
      Location
      Knoxville
      Posts
      17
      Vehicles
      Volvo S40, Panamera 4, R pending ...
      05-21-2019 02:54 PM #623
      Quote Originally Posted by firstVWever View Post
      Hi,
      How do you know that your R is on boat 317? My R missed the boat “Goodwood” so know it’s hopefully on the “Primrose Ace”
      Which departed on the 17th from Emdem. I have links so you can track the boat, but you need the name of the boat. I didn’t have a name, I just did process of elimination of the boats leaving the port and the dates my dealer gave me. I will look to see if I can finding the name of your boat. I already did a little search and came up with nothing. I will post the links.
      I gotta wonder if mine is on there as well. What's your ETA?

    25. 05-21-2019 04:11 PM #624
      Quote Originally Posted by CRD99 View Post
      My appointment at the DMV is next week, just bring in the form, a smog check (seriously), and money.
      I was curious enough to investigate the "why" behind the smog check requirement a couple of years ago. The OEMs are accountable by law to have attained 50-state compliancy if that is what they are advertising the car as. (Note that not all cars are 50-state compliant... still.) Further, in California, by State laws, it is illegal for a dealership to modify the car in such a way to make it non-compliant with emissions standards. However, California cannot control the dealerships from another state and, as such, to mitigate their risk, they demand a physical (OBD2 connection) smog check before they will process your registration.

    26. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Mar 8th, 2019
      Location
      Tyrone, GA
      Posts
      37
      Vehicles
      2015 Honda Civic Si (daily), 1979 Datsun 620, 1973 Datsun 240Z, 2019 Golf R (ordered)
      05-21-2019 04:13 PM #625
      Quote Originally Posted by Fustigator View Post
      I gotta wonder if mine is on there as well. What's your ETA?
      Production Complete
      04/26/2019
      Ship Departure
      05/15/2019
      Domestic Port Arrived
      06/10/2019 (ETA)
      Released to Carrier
      06/24/2019 (ETA)
      Rail Load

      Rail Unload

      Truck Load

      Dealer Delivery
      06/28/2019 - 07/08/2019 (ETA)

      The ship that I “think” it’s on based on these dates, ship was late leaving port and actually departed on the 17th.

    Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627 LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. VW Golf 8 Production To Start In June 2019
      By vb22 in forum The Car Lounge
      Replies: 176
      Last Post: 03-17-2019, 02:59 PM
    2. 2019 golf r on vw USA site
      By iceorbital in forum Golf VII R
      Replies: 176
      Last Post: 02-21-2019, 01:55 PM
    3. 2019 Golf R Special Edition ... available in USA?
      By only1buck in forum Golf VII R
      Replies: 5
      Last Post: 12-17-2018, 10:37 PM
    4. 2019 Golf 1.4 in USA?
      By greennebula in forum Golf/GTI VII
      Replies: 32
      Last Post: 10-14-2018, 05:10 PM
    5. Replies: 3
      Last Post: 04-06-2002, 12:02 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •