VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Looking for lowering spring installation in Northern Utah

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  mpweb 
#1 ·
I just picked up a '13 TDI Jetta Sportwagen over the weekend (I previously owned a '10 and loved it). I'd like to have it slightly lowered, sticking with the factory shocks/struts. I'm researching springs by Eibach, H&R and VWR right now.

I'm not sure if this is a job I'm willing/able to tackle on my own. I believe the rear springs are fairly easy to do but the front springs are more difficult. I don't have access to a lift or a full mechanic's assortment of tools, so this may be more than I want to take on. I've been calling shops in the Ogden/Salt Lake area and have been getting some pretty crazy numbers, like $700 plus, not including alignment (!!!). Seems like a crazy amount for a $250 set of springs, and if realistic I may just stick with the factory ride height.

Does anyone have an suggestions for mechanics in the Salt Lake area who might be more reasonable with a spring install job? Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.