VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Stage 2 APR idle problem

4K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  petesell 
#1 ·
I currently have a Stage 2 2.6v APR Golf R 2017 and I notice that every time I stop for a fuel up. The engine has a rough idle feels like a misfire but no engine light has come on. This happens every time when im fueling up. Then goes away after 20mile drive. Anyone experience this issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 ·
I have the same issue.
MK7R APR Stage 2, V2.5 - 38K miles
It idles rough after fuel up and mostly goes away after driving a few miles.

Honestly I am not sure what it is, but I only noticed it over the last year and I don't recall it happening the first 20-30K miles or so when I was mostly stage I up to that point.
At first I thought it was bad gas at the local Shell station I used for weeks on end when prices went up (prices were very low at that place then) so I initially used a couple of bottles of B12 to see if it would help I also double checked the gap on the plugs which needed a bit of adjusting and both things did help, however it has not fully gone away. I do fuel up at a different Chevron station now. Always 93 oct.
During that time I also did get a fuel sensor level error that I cleared and never came back.

I should add that since then I do have a small misfire at idle and daily driving that will not trigger a CEL or cause the car to drive any different but I don't recall that being the case months before.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.