Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Moteev's Tiguan R

1. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2015 Tiguan R-Line
      03-13-2019 10:52 AM #1
      Welcome to my little thread!

Ok first of all, I'm Alex, 31 and pretty new to modding cars and this is my first VW! I first wanted a golf R but I realized it was quite small. So I decided to inject some steroids in it. That's how I got my tiguan R-Line 2015 pepper grey/brown leather (54k miles) on mid-january 2019. The thing is, I've lost a lot of cool features that the Golf R has that I like so I will try my best to make my own Tiguan R!

I've been looking at this forum for quite a while now and I made a list of mods that I want to be done on my Tig!

I think it's cool to know where everyone's at with their mods and I wanted to keep track of my build slowly but surely!

That is a long term project with a lot in mind. I want to create my personnal Tiguan R with nothing too fancy looking. I once wanted a all black and dark grey look... but finally nope. I will keep the stainless trims, the OEM 19" rims and the overall classy look. Warranty is gone mid summer 2019 and I will do the chip tunning once then.

Please feel free to ask questions about anything. Your input and opinions are also more than welcome! I know those threads helped me a lot while I was looking at what I wanted to achieve with my car. Now that I'm actually doing it, I hope it can help others!

ACTUAL MOD LIST INSTALLED:

- Custom Sanitary Stainless steel 3" catback/quad tip exhaust
      - Resonator deleted
      - Evolution Cold air Intake
      - R8 red Coil pack
      - Spacers DAI 20mm front/rear
      - Eibach pro-kit lowering springs (1.2-1.4 inch)
      - Debadged rear emblems
      - Added R emblem rear left
      - Added R shifter stickers
      - Added R vinyl stickers silver front seat
      - Thule Deflector
      - Thule atlantis 1600XT repaired/painted
      - Custom crossbars
      - Led interior lights
      - Footwell red lights matching red dashboard lights

TO DO LIST:

- Stage 2 Neurotunning 285 HP/ 340 TQ ( 305HP with DP 3" + intake )
      - Tranny fix Neurotunning Rpm/boost
      - Front vented pierced rotors 312mm
      - Downpipe 3" stainless steel
      - DV relocator kit
      - Rear spoiler extension maxxton
      - Fix rims 19" curbs rash
      - Front lower protector plate paint light grey (mags color)
      - Side markers Custom Covers
      - Led Fog lights bulb yellow?
      - Yellow film on fog lights?
      - VCDS tweaks (not sure which ones yet)
      - Garage door opener button + other cool functions
      - Golf R MK6 intercooler swap
      - Golf R front brakes or custom look
      - Stainless steel line breaks
      - Front clear vinyl wrap
      - Custom garbage container?
      - Cargo holding net
      - Cornering lights LED
      - Windows tint darker

DIY / IDEAS / CUSTOM MADE:

- Thule atlantis 1600XT vinyl wrap camo style
      - Custom caliper bracket R / paint calipers black
      - Custom Wooden floor style trunk / color match brown leather
      - Custom mats R logo/wooden stripe color match brown leather
      - Custom garbage container wraped in brown leather look

The list will be modified with every change made: mod installed or plans changing !

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
      Last edited by Moteev; 03-15-2019 at 02:03 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
      VWVortex.com
      Advertisements
      Vehicles
      68 Squareback -APR Stg 2 03 GTI - APR Stg 1 13 Tiguan SEL
      03-13-2019 11:26 AM #2
      overall stance and exhaust are awesome. Looks great!
      Instagram: @NINEFOOTERS

Vehicles
      R36 4Motion Wagon, MK6 Jetta SEL, 5N2 Tiguan SEL 4Motion
      03-13-2019 12:10 PM #3
      Tig looks great bro, The B6, Euro B7, and CC 3.6 4motion front & rear caliper & Carriers are the complete Tiguan big brake upgrades. When doing the rear calipers, use your original motors for less issues/problems.

Can we get info on the rear exhaust and diffuser used/modded as Iím interested in that, itís something I have been wanting to do.
      Current: R36 4Motion Wagon, MK6 Jetta SEL, 5N2 Tiguan SEL 4Motion

Past: MK2 GTI 16v, MK4 GTI VR6, MK4 Jetta, B3 Passat GLX Wagon VR6, B3 Passat GLX Sedan VR6, B3 Passat GL Wagon 16v, B3 Passat GL Sedan 16v

5. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2015 Tiguan R-Line
      03-13-2019 02:21 PM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by dubluv2003 View Post
      overall stance and exhaust are awesome. Looks great!
      Thanks man. I appreciate it a lot ! I want to keep it simple with a Oem look ! Exhaust is not too flashy.

6. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2015 Tiguan R-Line
      03-13-2019 02:39 PM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by nycdub2 View Post
      Tig looks great bro, The B6, Euro B7, and CC 3.6 4motion front & rear caliper & Carriers are the complete Tiguan big brake upgrades. When doing the rear calipers, use your original motors for less issues/problems.

Can we get info on the rear exhaust and diffuser used/modded as Iím interested in that, itís something I have been wanting to do.
      Hey thanks. And also thanks for the info about the rear calipers. I will look into that and the fitting aswell! I might PM you about it!

Ok for the exhaust, just a quick story, I previously installed a golf R MK7 quad tip complete catback and removed the resonator. The big problem I had is the slight difference in the curves I had between the suspension arms. It was restricted to not go higher and was missing a good inch to be perfect.

I should have installed the muffler/quad tip and then do the resonator delete alone and the fit would have been good. 2 ways installation and keep the mid catback of the oem tiguan there. I did not and was pissed. I did not want to pay for fixing it, or redo it again as I already pay them for the first job. It was my fault!!! Heres the first pictures of it.
      I sold it to a tiguan buddy that will be doing it the way it will work and I bought the other one...Here's the pics of problems and fitting.

7. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2015 Tiguan R-Line
      03-13-2019 02:52 PM #6
      So now that I have the custom one, I'm happy!

Vibrant muffler with custom made sanitary stainless 3" for tiguan only perfect fit. A new one cost about 1500$ CAD, super handmade where I live and that one I paid half price including the installation with OEM hangers and Downpipe ready with a clamp! The catback was quite a good price and was on their project tiguan which was installed only a few months !

The only one they made for a tiguan so far and this is a unique piece ! I feel lucky! But they made quite a lot for GTIs etc... It was a test for a tiguan and worth the bucks!

The sound is completely insane. I did a video already and I will try to upload it soon. It is loud and deep. The dsg fart is there mostly at every shift when you do it high enough which is not that high ! There is a popcorn look a like sound when downshifting. Completly awesome !

So here are the pictures:

8. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Tiguan SE 2.0t, 4-mo, 2001.5 A4, 1998 A4, 1997 GTI VR6, 1996 Jetta TDI
      03-13-2019 05:43 PM #7
      Subscribed because I absolutely love this Tiguan.
      I85_305
      DO NOT EMAIL ME on here, my email address assigned to my username is inaccessible and I will never be able to get your emails.
      Buy my 2000 Volkswagen Jetta GLS TDI 5spd https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...a-GLS-TDI-5spd

Vehicles
      2017 VW
      03-15-2019 04:54 AM #8
      Is the driver side outer tip dented/has a flat spot?
      2017 Tiguan

Vehicles
      03-15-2019 10:43 AM #9
      Thanks for the custom mk7 exhaust info, hoping to see more build on the Tiguan, subscribing to see it. Great job

Past: MK2 GTI 16v, MK4 GTI VR6, MK4 Jetta, B3 Passat GLX Wagon VR6, B3 Passat GLX Sedan VR6, B3 Passat GL Wagon 16v, B3 Passat GL Sedan 16v

11. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2015 Tiguan R-Line
      03-15-2019 10:52 AM #10
      Quote Originally Posted by snobrdrdan View Post
      Is the driver side outer tip dented/has a flat spot?
      You are right ! But I will fix it myself, piece of wood inside while hitting glently with a hammer ! It should do the work !

Quote Originally Posted by nycdub2 View Post
      Thanks for the custom mk7 exhaust info, hoping to see more build on the Tiguan, subscribing to see it. Great job
      Youre welcome and thanks ! I Appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Volkswagens-for-life View Post
      Subscribed because I absolutely love this Tiguan.
      Thanks man

12. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2015 Tiguan R-Line
      03-15-2019 02:02 PM #11
      So today I installed the R8 coil pack which were used from a crashed R8 with barely 20K miles. Sad for the R8 but it made me happy to get them super cheap. Easy install in 10 minutes!

It was another story for the Intake which was almost bolt on. Wires for MAF and the small tube whatever it's called was too short. It is an Evolution motorsport intake listed to fit GTis mk6. It was also bought used from a guy that never installed it... approx 70% off the retail price is awesome !

My mechanics skills are quite noobie but I learn fast so I tought I could install that intake myself. I watched a couple videos and I learned the basics:

- Don't drop anything in the turbo
      - Make sure not to drop a screw in the turbo intlet
      - You're screwed if anything falls into the turbo

The installation went well but guess what... the inevitable happened. A screwdriver bit fell down in the turbo intlet !!! Thank god I made a fish with a magnet to get it out of there. I freaked out at first and threw my phone on the other side of the garage... thankfully there was some cardboard boxes that magically received my phone...

Everything else went well and just needed to make some wire souder extensions for the MAF sensor. Here is the result !

Last edited by Moteev; 03-16-2019 at 05:01 AM.

Vehicles
      03-15-2019 05:16 PM #12

Vehicles
      2017 VW
      03-16-2019 04:59 AM #13
      It looks like you were duped.
      You actually got the MK5 FSI version of the EVOMS intake: http://www.evoms.com/EVOMS_MKVI_Golf...vfmk5-2.0t.htm
      This is actually the MK6 TSI version: http://www.evoms.com/Evolution_Motor.../intkvftsi.htm
      They don't list/show the one you have fitting it either: http://www.evoms.com/category_s/2150.htm

You're brave to relocate the MAF sensor though....these TSI engines are SUPER finicky and don't like anything other than the stock MAF sensor housing.
      So if it starts running bad/odd, that'll be the culprit

Good luck
      Last edited by snobrdrdan; 03-16-2019 at 05:04 AM.
      2017 Tiguan

15. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2015 Tiguan R-Line
      03-16-2019 05:06 AM #14
      Looks like you got the FSI version of the EVOMS intake. You're brave to relocate the MAF sensor though....these TSI engines are SUPER finicky and don't like anything other than the stock MAF sensor housing.
      So if it starts running bad/odd, that'll be the culprit

Good luck
      Thanks for the info! I just extended the wires and weld them togheter for a permanent way. I did screw the MAF back the way it was and everything is well sealed.

What problems will it occur if there is a problem there ? CEL to show me that there is a problem or worst ?

Thanks

Vehicles
      2017 VW
      03-16-2019 05:12 AM #15
      I'm talking about the shape of the OEM MAF sensor housing itself....not the MAF sensor that you put in the new pipe.
      The car is tuned (stock or aftermarket) with the MAF sensor in the OEM position & in that housing....moving it can create issues. Also, changing the volume of air it sees (larger pipe/not tapered like the OEM piece) and/or turbulence (no air straightener like OEM piece)....the readings can get out of whack and the ECU won't know how to compensate = not running right.

APR explained a little here:
      https://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showp...7&postcount=70
      2017 Tiguan

Vehicles
      2015 VW tiguan 2.0T, 2010 VW Jetta SEL
      03-16-2019 10:43 AM #16
      Quote Originally Posted by Moteev View Post
      Thanks for the info! I just extended the wires and weld them togheter for a permanent way. I did screw the MAF back the way it was and everything is well sealed.

What problems will it occur if there is a problem there ? CEL to show me that there is a problem or worst ?

Thanks

When I first purchased my tig I purchased a k&n because I got it for a really good price. It has a new mount for the MAF and I installed it with ease. And it was because I didnít retain the factory housing that my car freaked out.

I canít remember if it was the first time I started it or if it took some driving around to trigger but When I started the car the rpms would surge a couple of times, then the cel came on. I pulled the code for maf and got a p0101. After combing through the forums I found someone making a sleeve that fits inside to mimic the oem but found it easier to just leave the oem maf and install a neuspeed with a stage 3 carbonio. Now I am trying to make a carbonio intake fit to keep down on noise.

All in all I feel like after a day or so of driving and you should know if it is an issue. Sounds like it isnít so far for you though since you havenít mentioned any codes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2015 Tiguan R-Line
      03-17-2019 12:32 AM #17
      I'm talking about the shape of the OEM MAF sensor housing itself....not the MAF sensor that you put in the new pipe.
      The car is tuned (stock or aftermarket) with the MAF sensor in the OEM position & in that housing....moving it can create issues. Also, changing the volume of air it sees (larger pipe/not tapered like the OEM piece) and/or turbulence (no air straightener like OEM piece)....the readings can get out of whack and the ECU won't know how to compensate = not running right.

APR explained a little here:
      https://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showp...7&postcount=70
      Ok got it. I read the thread and I understand it better. Seems like the oem housing is very similar to this one and no issues for now. I will look into it and maybe change the intake.
      Quote Originally Posted by MJG44 View Post
      When I first purchased my tig I purchased a k&n because I got it for a really good price. It has a new mount for the MAF and I installed it with ease. And it was because I didnít retain the factory housing that my car freaked out.

I canít remember if it was the first time I started it or if it took some driving around to trigger but When I started the car the rpms would surge a couple of times, then the cel came on. I pulled the code for maf and got a p0101. After combing through the forums I found someone making a sleeve that fits inside to mimic the oem but found it easier to just leave the oem maf and install a neuspeed with a stage 3 carbonio. Now I am trying to make a carbonio intake fit to keep down on noise.

All in all I feel like after a day or so of driving and you should know if it is an issue. Sounds like it isnít so far for you though since you havenít mentioned any codes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Yes I guess the fit is ok ? It's been 1 month now and no CEL or rpm issues. It goes very smoothly while shifting and going all in on the accelerator. We will see but if there is a problem I should see the CEL on the dash and the OEM intake takes only 15 mins to install back.

Hopefully all goes well. I have no tunes for now.

19. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2015 Tiguan R-Line
      03-19-2019 12:54 PM #18
      Here's a video of the sound of my exhaust ! Please use headphones or even your Tig's bluetooth!

https://youtu.be/hFOoTtbDIuw

20. Member
      Vehicles
      2016 Tiguan SE 4Motion
      Yesterday 12:27 PM #19
      Quote Originally Posted by Moteev View Post
      Here's a video of the sound of my exhaust ! Please use headphones or even your Tig's bluetooth!

https://youtu.be/hFOoTtbDIuw

Sounds like you have DSG farts
      Quote Originally Posted by Jezza
      Power and Speed solves many things
      2016 Tiguan SE 4Motion
      APR Stage 1/Osram CBI D3S/Neuspeed P-flo