VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Too late for me !

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  The G Man 
#1 ·
I’ve waited 4 months past my lease expiration waiting for the Arteon. I bought a Volvo S60 yesterday. I wonder how friendly the lease #’s will be when the car first comes out too.

#8 ·
Its about $47k, and interestingly enough the Volvo S60 T5 R-Design with comparable options is identical in price. I would take the VW all day long because the GT is much more versatile, and the Volvo lacks elements like massaging driver seat, XDS electronic differential, tri-zone climate and remote start.

#9 ·
And there’s a brittleness to the Volvo suspension, not to mention a lack of verve to the steering feel...

Oh, and the Volvo Sensus infotainment is frustrating. In theory, doing everything through the screen could work, IF the processing power is there and IF there’s enough customization to do what you want with one press or swipe. Sadly, neither is true with Sensus. Too much time and distraction to change AC or access the camera, for instance. And using CarPlay or Android Auto disables the other sections of the home screen...

It’s a shame, because the S60 is so beautiful!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#10 · (Edited)
Tested drove the S60 when car shopping month ago before I bought the Arteon. The S60 is a pretty nice looking car but the Arteon is a work of art. When I was at the Volvo dealer, they offer me almost $10K off a T5 without me ever trying, the T6 had less discount. The T5 was slower than the Arteon and complete with the Arteon SE as far as price and options. The T6 quicker than the arteon but about $7000 more when discounts are included. Handling wise is about the same but the no adaptive suspension On the T6's. The S6’s seats were superb but the Arteon's seat is pretty comfortable as well. The Volvo rides much stiffer than the Arteon with suspension set at normal. The S6 is more of a direct competitor to the Audi A4. A lot of buyers are not willing to pay the premium for the 4 door hatchback format. The VW warranty is unbeatable and I like the hatchback’s look and utility of the Arteon. To sum it up, both great cars, cannot go wrong with either one. The S6 is more of a poor man’s BMW 3 series and the Arteon more of a poor man’s Audi A5 fastback.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.