VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Arteon Engine

11K views 21 replies 14 participants last post by  Roadmaster45 
#1 ·
I'm curious what the engine configuration is for NA. It lists 280 hp which is higher than the GTI but lower than the R (iirc). Will it have KO4 and be detuned or an upgrade over the GTI engine? I'm looking at the Arteon as a change from my mk6 golf r, the wife wants me to get something with more room but I don't want to give up my current car. Really wish it came in a manual.

#3 ·
Thank you, that's helpful. Although I was looking for more technical information. To my knowledge all of the 2.0 tsi motors are EA888 based with different tunes, turbos, and pistons. I was looking for information on those things.

#8 ·
That's pretty wicked! From a tuning standpoint this is a big deal. It sounds like Arteon is leaving a lot of power on the shelf in order to not cannibalize Audi sales.

Anyone have a good source for a tuned arteon in Europe? Would love to see what it is putting down with just a tune and then with a few of the standard mods.

#13 ·
I am thinking it is the below Aisin 8 speed model for transverse applications, maybe someone can confirm the exact model number. It comes in 2 variants a 35 which has a max torque in NM of 350 (258 lb/ft) and a 45 which is rated at 480 NM (354 lb/ft).
It would not make sense for the max torque to be exactly the same as the stock engine output so I would assume it would/should be the higher number variant. This same unit is used in Volvo's T6 supercharged/turbocharged engines which make 316hp/295 lb/ft stock.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AWF8F35

#14 ·
Is the turbo 4cyl enough

Hello members, would this engine be enough for the arteon being of this size along with 4-motion, would like to consider this vehicle but was leaning towards the Atlas for a while with 6cyl. Don’t know if i can be happy with a sedan (coupe) had suvs for a while, although had 2 vw a while ago loved the way they drove, just was concerned about power in both atlas & arteon, any help suggestions would be a big help thanks

#15 ·
Hello members, would this engine be enough for the arteon being of this size along with 4-motion, would like to consider this vehicle but was leaning towards the Atlas for a while with 6cyl. Don’t know if i can be happy with a sedan (coupe) had suvs for a while, although had 2 vw a while ago loved the way they drove, just was concerned about power in both atlas & arteon, any help suggestions would be a big help thanks
I drove it thru the mountains outside of Santa Barbara; the engine worked very well with the car. Is it as fast as an Audi A5 or A7? No, but it has plenty of power. Take it for a test drive and see for yourself.

Oh yeah, it'll be a lot more nimble than the Atlas. I thought it was quite fun to drive, especially for a larger car.

#21 ·
I’m actually in the same boat. I have a SUV now with kids and need the hauling capacity. Atlas is wonderful for that purpose. While the Arteon doesn’t have the same functionality it’s hatch is pretty versatile. It’s also a fun drive. Both vehicles look sharp and nothing like it on the road. They also come with an excellent warranty.
It’s confusing but I can see how someone else might like both options.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.