VWVortex.com - The boat lounge?
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    The Car Lounge
    Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Results 176 to 200 of 225

    Thread: The boat lounge?

    1. Member
      Join Date
      Aug 18th, 2015
      Location
      Cleveland, OH
      Posts
      1,214
      Vehicles
      2020 Cayman GT4 - Miami Blue - PCCB
      05-22-2020 11:40 AM #176
      Quote Originally Posted by Toaster29 View Post
      My COVID boat purchase. Barletta L25UC tritoon with the blackout package and the new 4.6L V8 300 hp Verado. What a machine. The smoothest boat I have ever been on in my life in lake chop. Sails past all the hulled boats in rough water. With just me, I've gotten it up to 48 mph per the GPS speedo. The lifting strakes are really cool...there isn't a certain speed where it comes up on plane...it just "is" once it is moving. Unbelievably smooth. Really excellent sound system. Couldn't be happier. I've had it a month and already have 26 hours on it and burned 115 gallons of fuel
      48mph on a "pontoon boat"?! That's friggin' fast.
      ASP.NET / C# Software Engineer

      2020 718 Cayman GT4 - Miami Blue - PCCB
      2017 718 Cayman - GT Silver - PDK/Sport Chrono/PSE - gone
      2016 Golf R 6MT - Deep Black Pearl - gone

    2. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    3. How do I resize a picture? Cabin Pics's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 19th, 2008
      Location
      In The Woods
      Posts
      15,304
      Vehicles
      2004 E46, 2019 Q7
      05-22-2020 11:55 AM #177
      Quote Originally Posted by iliveoncaffiene View Post
      48mph on a "pontoon boat"?! That's friggin' fast.
      That's middle of the pack for pontoons anymore.

      https://www.alohapontoons.com/paradise-series/twin-x-32





      Instagram - efrie004

      Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
      maybe its just me, but i wouldnt put anything in the circle of "unrealistic" when it comes to sex.

    4. Member The_Real_Stack's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 18th, 2016
      Location
      Arlington Heights, the center of the universe
      Posts
      3,063
      Vehicles
      AP1 and JLU
      05-22-2020 12:05 PM #178
      Pontoon boats are just crazy now. You can spec a Bennington to over $100k, which is just nuts for what is a glorified swim platform with some chairs on it.

      My FIL bought some off brand one used, a Cypress Cay, with a 150? Merc for like $22k which seemed more than adequate for our “putter around and drink beer” usage.


      Pontoon by Chris Stack, on Flickr
      Last edited by The_Real_Stack; 05-22-2020 at 12:08 PM.
      Quote Originally Posted by Volkl View Post
      My wife wanted a SUV with a manual transmission. I suggested a Wrangler, she said no way, too masculine

    5. 05-22-2020 01:35 PM #179
      I'm totally down with The Boat Lounge. Six years ago, Babymomma and I took a boating safety course and did nothing with it. We decided this summer was it, so we recently bought our first boat, just in time for seaquestration.











      LS content:



      The navionics have saved my ass a few times:

      Last edited by Smindustries; 05-22-2020 at 01:38 PM.

    6. Member
      Join Date
      Aug 18th, 2015
      Location
      Cleveland, OH
      Posts
      1,214
      Vehicles
      2020 Cayman GT4 - Miami Blue - PCCB
      05-22-2020 01:50 PM #180
      Quote Originally Posted by Smindustries View Post
      I'm totally down with The Boat Lounge. Six years ago, Babymomma and I took a boating safety course and did nothing with it. We decided this summer was it, so we recently bought our first boat, just in time for seaquestration.
      My parents got a similar new one a couple years ago. It was an "off-brand" by ski boat standards but still cost a pretty penny.



      I'm slightly curious what a Sea-Nautique ran you
      ASP.NET / C# Software Engineer

      2020 718 Cayman GT4 - Miami Blue - PCCB
      2017 718 Cayman - GT Silver - PDK/Sport Chrono/PSE - gone
      2016 Golf R 6MT - Deep Black Pearl - gone

    7. Member Toaster29's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 19th, 2000
      Location
      Bama
      Posts
      5,564
      Vehicles
      RS3, 997TT, Raptor
      05-22-2020 02:39 PM #181
      Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Veedubya View Post
      That thing looks awesome! Does it have the Sea-Legs?
      It has been a ton of fun. It does not. I leave it in my floating slip when not in use. When I'm at the house, it stays on the outside of the slip as in the pic.

      Quote Originally Posted by iliveoncaffiene View Post
      48mph on a "pontoon boat"?! That's friggin' fast.
      To be fair tritoons are only "pontoons" in definition. They are high performance like a hulled boat, but with the ability to slice through/glide over waves depending on their shape. I have run 35-40 mph over 3-4 ft waves and the faster you go, the less you even notice them. Boat wakes are mostly just seen...almost entirely not felt.

      Quote Originally Posted by Cabin Pics View Post
      That's middle of the pack for pontoons anymore.

      https://www.alohapontoons.com/paradise-series/twin-x-32
      Exactly. You can get a 400 on my model, but the 300 was plenty. I still have the 300 hp boatercycle for when I want to go 73 mph, haha.

      Quote Originally Posted by The_Real_Stack View Post
      Pontoon boats are just crazy now. You can spec a Bennington to over $100k, which is just nuts for what is a glorified swim platform with some chairs on it.

      My FIL bought some off brand one used, a Cypress Cay, with a 150? Merc for like $22k which seemed more than adequate for our “putter around and drink beer” usage.


      Pontoon by Chris Stack, on Flickr
      About 65% of the boats on my lake are tritoons. About half of them have stickers of 100k+ new. Barletta is new to the high end market, but the construction/fit/finish and features blows away the established competition, IMO. It also comes with a standard 10 year warranty. I have seen a couple floating around with twin 400s
      ‘19 Guards/Aurum GT3 RS Weissach
      ‘18 RS3: APR stage 2, BBS CI-R: 10.72 @ 130.5
      ‘18 Raptor crew cab
      ‘09 997TT 6MT: 65mm VTGs, 730 whp E85
      Past: Evo 8, R35 GT-R, F80 M3s, C6 Z06, 991TT-S/GT3, etc

    8. How do I resize a picture? Cabin Pics's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 19th, 2008
      Location
      In The Woods
      Posts
      15,304
      Vehicles
      2004 E46, 2019 Q7
      05-22-2020 02:59 PM #182
      Quote Originally Posted by iliveoncaffiene View Post

      I'm slightly curious what a Sea-Nautique ran you
      The Super Air Nautique G25 start's at $179,000.

      The regular Super Air Nautique 210 starts at $99,000.

      With this information, I'd say that if he purchased it new it was anywhere between $100,000 and $300,000. (The G25 Paragon starts at $280,000)
      Instagram - efrie004

      Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
      maybe its just me, but i wouldnt put anything in the circle of "unrealistic" when it comes to sex.

    9. 05-22-2020 03:08 PM #183
      Quote Originally Posted by iliveoncaffiene View Post
      My parents got a similar new one a couple years ago. It was an "off-brand" by ski boat standards but still cost a pretty penny.

      I'm slightly curious what a Sea-Nautique ran you
      That's a nice-looking Axis. Not seeing neon makes me happy. It seems like many boat designers are still getting tribal tattoos.

      Quote Originally Posted by Cabin Pics View Post
      The Super Air Nautique G25 start's at $179,000.

      The regular Super Air Nautique 210 starts at $99,000.

      With this information, I'd say that if he purchased it new it was anywhere between $100,000 and $300,000. (The G25 Paragon starts at $280,000)
      It's a 2019 G25 Coastal, and suffice it to say, it wasn't inexpensive. The options that should be standard make me want to throttle someone. The discount off MSRP was equivalent to a new F250 Platinum with Powerstroke. Calling it a houseboat would be a fair statement.

      It's a bit big for me to feel comfortable with just my toddler and me to be aboard, but I'm getting more comfortable. I also bought a man overboard system that I'll be installing this weekend for my own piece of mind. All said, it's rad and I love it.

    10. How do I resize a picture? Cabin Pics's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 19th, 2008
      Location
      In The Woods
      Posts
      15,304
      Vehicles
      2004 E46, 2019 Q7
      05-22-2020 03:27 PM #184
      Quote Originally Posted by Smindustries View Post
      That's a nice-looking Axis. Not seeing neon makes me happy. It seems like many boat designers are still getting tribal tattoos.



      It's a 2019 G25 Coastal, and suffice it to say, it wasn't inexpensive. The options that should be standard make me want to throttle someone. The discount off MSRP was equivalent to a new F250 Platinum with Powerstroke. Calling it a houseboat would be a fair statement.

      It's a bit big for me to feel comfortable with just my toddler and me to be aboard, but I'm getting more comfortable. I also bought a man overboard system that I'll be installing this weekend for my own piece of mind. All said, it's rad and I love it.
      If you're going to keep it at the dock you should really look into getting a lift for it to keep the hull nice and clean. One less thing to deal with at the end of the year. Plus it wont get beat up so much when it storms.
      Instagram - efrie004

      Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
      maybe its just me, but i wouldnt put anything in the circle of "unrealistic" when it comes to sex.

    11. Geriatric Member ValveCoverGasket's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 20th, 2002
      Location
      northwest corner, WA
      Posts
      41,213
      Vehicles
      duramax, om606, tdi van, dieselgate tdi, and an mg
      05-22-2020 04:08 PM #185
      Quote Originally Posted by Smindustries View Post
      It's a bit big for me to feel comfortable with just my toddler and me to be aboard, but I'm getting more comfortable. I also bought a man overboard system that I'll be installing this weekend for my own piece of mind. All said, it's rad and I love it.
      do you guys mostly surf?

      it took me most of the first season our old prostar to really get used to inboard maneuvering especially in reverse or around docks.
      does that have thrusters, or any kind of secondary rudder? (MC calls their dockstar but im sure everyone else has something similar, no boat companies seem to really innovate...)

      Quote Originally Posted by Smindustries View Post
      That's a nice-looking Axis. Not seeing neon makes me happy. It seems like many boat designers are still getting tribal tattoos.
      speaking of which, our X9 when we picked it up a few years ago...



      yeesh.

      just need my upside down backwards white visor and barbed wire tatoo!

      i miss summer... its still chilly around here


    12. Member
      Join Date
      Aug 18th, 2015
      Location
      Cleveland, OH
      Posts
      1,214
      Vehicles
      2020 Cayman GT4 - Miami Blue - PCCB
      05-22-2020 04:32 PM #186
      Quote Originally Posted by Cabin Pics View Post
      If you're going to keep it at the dock you should really look into getting a lift for it to keep the hull nice and clean. One less thing to deal with at the end of the year. Plus it wont get beat up so much when it storms.
      I'm assuming since it's a "first boat", they probably don't have the lift installed yet.
      But yes - 100% should have a lift for something that nice.
      ASP.NET / C# Software Engineer

      2020 718 Cayman GT4 - Miami Blue - PCCB
      2017 718 Cayman - GT Silver - PDK/Sport Chrono/PSE - gone
      2016 Golf R 6MT - Deep Black Pearl - gone

    13. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Apr 23rd, 2020
      Location
      Midwest
      Posts
      59
      Vehicles
      77 Porsche 911S, 95 Audi S6 Avant, 04 Beetle Turbo S
      05-22-2020 04:39 PM #187
      hahahahhahahaha @ upside down visor and tribal tattoo, yeah, those graphics are so cringe.

      Didn't know we had a boat thread. I work at Mercury Marine and have been a performance boat enthusiast my whole life.

      Here's my baby:



      78 Sleekcraft Aristocrat, hopped up 350 with a mercruiser outdrive. Hits low 60s in current state.

      I rebuilt this thing a few years back:









      Full build thread here:

      https://imgur.com/a/qXQGw

      Couple vids:




    14. 05-22-2020 04:46 PM #188
      Quote Originally Posted by Cabin Pics View Post
      If you're going to keep it at the dock you should really look into getting a lift for it to keep the hull nice and clean. One less thing to deal with at the end of the year. Plus it wont get beat up so much when it storms.
      A lift in the plans. We're on the list, but the guys are busy.

      Quote Originally Posted by ValveCoverGasket View Post
      do you guys mostly surf?
      That's the idea, but we don't do much of anything yet except cruise around and try to practice boating skills.

      Quote Originally Posted by ValveCoverGasket View Post
      it took me most of the first season our old prostar to really get used to inboard maneuvering especially in reverse or around docks.
      does that have thrusters, or any kind of secondary rudder? (MC calls their dockstar but im sure everyone else has something similar, no boat companies seem to really innovate...)
      Hey, that's exactly one of the skills I've been practicing. I'd have stuffed the boat into inanimate objects many times if it didn't have this:



      Quote Originally Posted by ValveCoverGasket View Post
      speaking of which, our X9 when we picked it up a few years ago...

      That's gorgeous and you took like 30 years off the boat's age with a couple decals. Bravo.

    15. How do I resize a picture? Cabin Pics's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 19th, 2008
      Location
      In The Woods
      Posts
      15,304
      Vehicles
      2004 E46, 2019 Q7
      05-22-2020 05:50 PM #189
      Quote Originally Posted by Smindustries View Post
      A lift in the plans. We're on the list, but the guys are busy.
      Instagram - efrie004

      Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
      maybe its just me, but i wouldnt put anything in the circle of "unrealistic" when it comes to sex.

    16. Geriatric Member Hostile's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 18th, 2001
      Location
      Near Rabbit5GTI
      Posts
      39,023
      Vehicles
      '15 STi & '16 .:R
      05-22-2020 08:37 PM #190
      Quote Originally Posted by Smindustries View Post
      Damn, that is really cool. I miss being out on the lake...
      iain

    17. Member Mr.Veedubya's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 25th, 2004
      Location
      Charlotte, NC
      Posts
      3,106
      Vehicles
      2019 Audi SQ5
      05-22-2020 09:50 PM #191
      Quote Originally Posted by Smindustries View Post

      Wow, I have been out of the wake boat game for a few years and I didn't even know this feature existed. That's really trick! Docking in inboard ski boat is definitely the most challenging but that thing is rotating almost as if it had twin engines.

    18. Member HI SPEED's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 3rd, 2004
      Location
      Honolulu
      Posts
      6,191
      05-22-2020 11:36 PM #192
      Quote Originally Posted by ADDvanced View Post
      hahahahhahahaha @ upside down visor and tribal tattoo, yeah, those graphics are so cringe.

      Didn't know we had a boat thread. I work at Mercury Marine and have been a performance boat enthusiast my whole life.

      Here's my baby:



      78 Sleekcraft Aristocrat, hopped up 350 with a mercruiser outdrive. Hits low 60s in current state.

      I rebuilt this thing a few years back:









      Full build thread here:

      https://imgur.com/a/qXQGw

      Couple vids:



      So sick

      Love the built not bought ethos.

      Wish I knew more about boats to do my own project build.

    19. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Apr 23rd, 2020
      Location
      Midwest
      Posts
      59
      Vehicles
      77 Porsche 911S, 95 Audi S6 Avant, 04 Beetle Turbo S
      05-23-2020 01:57 PM #193
      Quote Originally Posted by Smindustries View Post
      I'm totally down with The Boat Lounge. Six years ago, Babymomma and I took a boating safety course and did nothing with it. We decided this summer was it, so we recently bought our first boat, just in time for seaquestration.











      LS content:



      The navionics have saved my ass a few times:

      Holy ****ing **** dude. That is a hell of a FIRST boat. Pretty ballsy; lots of new owners make mistakes while docking/launching/beaching; surprised you didn't want a 'starter' one first. That's insane lol. To those that don't know, I'm guessing this boat was 80K+

    20. Member Cradle2theDave's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 22nd, 2016
      Location
      PA
      Posts
      115
      Vehicles
      German Stage Zwei, Murican Appliance
      05-23-2020 01:59 PM #194
      Quote Originally Posted by ADDvanced View Post
      I'm guessing this boat was 80K+
      Try doubling that and then some.

    21. Member The_Real_Stack's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 18th, 2016
      Location
      Arlington Heights, the center of the universe
      Posts
      3,063
      Vehicles
      AP1 and JLU
      05-23-2020 02:01 PM #195
      Quote Originally Posted by ADDvanced View Post
      hahahahhahahaha @ upside down visor and tribal tattoo, yeah, those graphics are so cringe.

      Didn't know we had a boat thread. I work at Mercury Marine

      Are you in Fond du Lac? I stop there all the time in my way to/from Three Lakes, usually eat right be the factory.

      Sick boat too, that’s awesome.
      Quote Originally Posted by Volkl View Post
      My wife wanted a SUV with a manual transmission. I suggested a Wrangler, she said no way, too masculine

    22. 05-23-2020 02:56 PM #196
      Quote Originally Posted by Cradle2theDave View Post
      Try doubling that and then some.
      What is ridiculous with boats is as you add a couple of feet of length, you add $20k to $40k to the price.
      Americans hate EVs because they grew up with Power Wheels that were glacially slow, ran out of power in 20 minutes and took an entire day to recharge.

    23. Member Cradle2theDave's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 22nd, 2016
      Location
      PA
      Posts
      115
      Vehicles
      German Stage Zwei, Murican Appliance
      05-23-2020 03:06 PM #197
      Quote Originally Posted by spockcat View Post
      What is ridiculous with boats is as you add a couple of feet of length, you add $20k to $40k to the price.
      Hell I'd pay that for an extra inch...

      What were we talking about again?

    24. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Apr 23rd, 2020
      Location
      Midwest
      Posts
      59
      Vehicles
      77 Porsche 911S, 95 Audi S6 Avant, 04 Beetle Turbo S
      05-23-2020 05:11 PM #198
      Quote Originally Posted by Cradle2theDave View Post
      Try doubling that and then some.
      Yeah, I know they can go that high, I hit up all the boat shows in Chi and Milwaukee and see the sticker prices, but I have no idea why some are 80k and some are 160k.

      Also, it just seems completely insane to me.

      My boat cost me $5000. Granted, I built it, but if I had to buy one turn key, it'd be ... 8-10k?

      I don't wakesurf though, I just like going fast and looking cool. >shrug<

    25. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Apr 23rd, 2020
      Location
      Midwest
      Posts
      59
      Vehicles
      77 Porsche 911S, 95 Audi S6 Avant, 04 Beetle Turbo S
      05-23-2020 05:12 PM #199
      Quote Originally Posted by The_Real_Stack View Post
      Are you in Fond du Lac? I stop there all the time in my way to/from Three Lakes, usually eat right be the factory.

      Sick boat too, that’s awesome.
      Yup. I don't live in FDL but back in the day (pre covid) that's where I commuted to everyday. Sort of related, but I usually ride to work on my sled a few times a year; takes over 2 hours each way lol.

    26. Member Tommietank's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 6th, 2009
      Location
      Burlington, VT
      Posts
      2,801
      Vehicles
      2019 Model 3 Performance, 2019 Hyundai Ioniq EV, 2004 S2000
      05-24-2020 12:55 AM #200
      Quote Originally Posted by Smindustries View Post
      I'm totally down with The Boat Lounge. Six years ago, Babymomma and I took a boating safety course and did nothing with it. We decided this summer was it, so we recently bought our first boat, just in time for seaquestration.
      Hot yam, thats like buying a Corvette Grandsport as a first car.
      Slow Car Fast

    Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Replies: 4
      Last Post: 09-06-2012, 08:26 PM
    2. I know it's not the boat lounge..but
      By dub_IN in forum The Car Lounge
      Replies: 18
      Last Post: 08-19-2010, 12:14 PM
    3. Replies: 16
      Last Post: 11-01-2001, 08:00 AM
    4. I have a favor to ask everyone in the car lounge...
      By 997Timbo in forum The Car Lounge
      Replies: 8
      Last Post: 10-31-2001, 01:45 AM
    5. Aaliyah - Rock the boat video
      By AXIS in forum Music
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: 10-10-2001, 10:49 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  
    vwvortex.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on vwvortex.com is generated by its users. vwvortex.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.