VWVortex.com - 3.6 4MO Big Turbo Kit!!!!
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: 3.6 4MO Big Turbo Kit!!!!

1. 03-27-2019 06:13 PM #1
      $160/ EBay r32 Turbo Manifold
      $1,072/ 6262 Precision Turbo
      $450/ VW CC 2.0t Aftermarket Intercooler
      $899/ Forge MS Twintercooler
      $346/ Snow Performance Water Meth Kit
      $289/ Tial wastegate
      $340/ GReddy R Blow Off Valve
      $1,215.99/ JE 8:5:1 Thermal Coat Forged pistons
      $1023/ Tuscan Connecting Rods
      +____________________
      $5195.99 for engine components

750Hp turbo kit that I have been assembling for my 2009 VW CC 3.6 4Mo. Pricing for the tuning hasnít been added because I do not have the car taken apart yet and that is the last step and I do not count my eggs before they hatch.

If youíre wondering about the transmission. (Stock tip with new atf and upgraded cooling can handle the power tho) Iím currently tracking down the 6sp manual trans from the 3.2 TT. Same trans thatís in the R32 for a little cheaper! Using a 2.0t cc shifter boot and a short shifter. I need an axle spacer but I donít have any machinist friends and I do not want to get hit over the head for the smallest but most critical piece of the build.

I already have the intercooler, turbo, wastegate, blowoff valve,and exhaust manifold. Pistons, Rods, & ARP bolts are in the mail, and wonít arrive until next Tuesday. I want to have the car put together by the end of July so I can debut it by my birthday. Will keep you updated and get some pics up in the next 3 weeks!

Based off the RAI Motorsports build I just like single turbos better. At 82.6% Cheaper than RAI or HPA I couldnít resist the bargain. I just moved to Seattle anyone looking to tag along on this build feel free to PM me experienced hands never hurt! VR6 4Mo will be a force to be reckoned with!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. Member
      Vehicles
      12 Tiglean (wife), 08 r36'ish
      03-27-2019 06:52 PM #2
      Like! And following.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Vehicles
      R36 4Motion Wagon, MK6 Jetta SEL, 5N2 Tiguan SEL 4Motion
      03-27-2019 11:36 PM #3
      Iím in it too for the end result
      Current: R36 4Motion Wagon, MK6 Jetta SEL, 5N2 Tiguan SEL 4Motion

Past: MK2 GTI 16v, MK4 GTI VR6, MK4 Jetta, B3 Passat GLX Wagon VR6, B3 Passat GLX Sedan VR6, B3 Passat GL Wagon 16v, B3 Passat GL Sedan 16v

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Vehicles
      2010 3.6 4-Motion CC, 1990 G60/TDI/R36 Corrado
      03-29-2019 10:38 AM #4
      Very interested in the progress of this, but I think your project cost might be a tad low, Iíd expect it to be double your estimate as you have left out a lot of smaller pieces; hardware, gaskets, while you are in there items, chains & guides, Intercooler plumbing, exhaust.

Are you relying solely on the stock fuel system? I think there is some additional fueling available with a hpfp upgrade but I thought HPG uses port injectors in addition to fsi, I could be mistaken.

I donít think the automatic transmission will hold up but I could be wrong. I wonder about mine holding well with just a Malone tune but a manual swap will be simple to do when doing all this other work. I think you could probably find an oem axle that will fit or just have a longer axle made. Onetime I needed a an spacer so I could test drive a mk4 using a corrado axle that I had so I used a cv joint as a spacer. Maybe you could have a couple welded up or see if the guy who did the swap with the spacer could have another made.

7. 04-01-2019 02:15 PM #5
      Arp Head Studs- $335.00
      ARP Rod Bolts - 142.00
      CX Racing 3Ē Intercooler piping - $129.00
      As for fuel. Iím looking for options but Iím not having much luck finding anything. So few have been built Iím trying to find out what pumps HPA used in their 3.6 Golf Rís.

8. 04-01-2019 02:19 PM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by G60ING View Post
      Very interested in the progress of this, but I think your project cost might be a tad low, Iíd expect it to be double your estimate as you have left out a lot of smaller pieces; hardware, gaskets, while you are in there items, chains & guides, Intercooler plumbing, exhaust.

Are you relying solely on the stock fuel system? I think there is some additional fueling available with a hpfp upgrade but I thought HPG uses port injectors in addition to fsi, I could be mistaken.

I donít think the automatic transmission will hold up but I could be wrong. I wonder about mine holding well with just a Malone tune but a manual swap will be simple to do when doing all this other work. I think you could probably find an oem axle that will fit or just have a longer axle made. Onetime I needed a an spacer so I could test drive a mk4 using a corrado axle that I had so I used a cv joint as a spacer. Maybe you could have a couple welded up or see if the guy who did the swap with the spacer could have another made.
      Iím confident in the tranny. They use torque converters in the RS Audiís. They seem to have less issues with torque than the dual clutches. It shifts fast enough just not direct. Iím sure a tcu tune will help with that. Thatís why Iím going for a big turbo rather than twins. Cheaper and smoother torque at low rpm.

9. 04-01-2019 02:20 PM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by MN-VDUBCLUB View Post
      Iím confident in the tranny. They use torque converters in the RS Audiís. They seem to have less issues with torque than the dual clutches. It shifts fast enough just not direct. Iím sure a tcu tune will help with that. Thatís why Iím going for a big turbo rather than twins. Cheaper and smoother torque at low rpm.

Thereís a Big Turbo 3.6 Touareg Build in NY. Find it on YouTube those rastas have that thing in beast mode and the trannyís been holding up for some years now.

Vehicles
      R36 4Motion Wagon, MK6 Jetta SEL, 5N2 Tiguan SEL 4Motion
      04-01-2019 03:52 PM #8
      That is a friend of mine and the Touaregís have a different trans than us. His Touareg is a 3.2 not 3.6.
      Current: R36 4Motion Wagon, MK6 Jetta SEL, 5N2 Tiguan SEL 4Motion

Past: MK2 GTI 16v, MK4 GTI VR6, MK4 Jetta, B3 Passat GLX Wagon VR6, B3 Passat GLX Sedan VR6, B3 Passat GL Wagon 16v, B3 Passat GL Sedan 16v

Vehicles
      Mk3 VRT, Mk4 VRT, Mk4 VRT, 8P A3 QT VR, B6 3.6 4Motion VR, B5 Avant 1.8BT, B5 Avant QT VRT
      04-09-2019 06:42 AM #9
      In for the action...
      "OP sounds like a MKIV guy"

12. 09-15-2019 02:13 AM #10
      I’m looking for a short runner for my 36 turbo build so if you find one let me know

Vehicles
      2010 3.6 4-Motion CC, 1990 G60/TDI/R36 Corrado
      09-17-2019 10:26 AM #11
      Quote Originally Posted by brend4nn View Post
      Iím looking for a short runner for my 36 turbo build so if you find one let me know
      nubworks is working on a port injection short runner intake manifold, these will be available thru NeedaVR6:
      https://www.instagram.com/p/B1zqbz-H..._web_copy_link