VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Overheating!!!

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Amon76 
#1 ·
So I have been searching and searching through forums and am frustrated beyond belief. (which i believe is common among Corrado owners) Little back ground I had my original cylinder head decked last summer and I believe it was done incorrectly. A little to aggressive grind I'm not sure. But it leaked oil and coolant. Fast forward to this winter i purchased an cylinder head from VOLKS14. Replaced the valve seals lapped the valves and hand sanded the head smooth and flat myself. Broke and exhaust manifold bolt and had to take it to a machine shop for removal. I asked him to check the flatness of the head and he was quit amazed at how flat I was able to get it. :laugh: New head bolts,gasket and I'm back in business. Fill with coolant burped the system etc. and it overheats within 5 minutes. I have removed thermostat and checked in boiling water to make sure it works. Removed radiator and flushed. Water pump was replaced 2 years ago with a Graf water pump. A/C has been deleted and am running a new pulley on the water pump with the main belt. New black and blue temp sensors. new thermoswitch on radiator. New Vacuum lines. I know these cars are super finicky about all the grounds etc. I don't have the following; earth ground from hood to firewall, aftermarket header so no O2 sensor. SO 2 things I have not replaced are oil cooler and heater core. When the car was running and driving I never had any heat. Still have no heat when car is overheating. New fan and it works on both speeds when jump it with a wire to test. Sorry this is all over the place. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Truly amazed at the knowledge of people and their abilities. Keep up the good work!!:beer::beer:

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.