03-29-2019 09:40 AM #1
      https://www.vw.com/builder/tab/trim/model/arteon/

Some images aren't loading on my end.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Vehicles
      i just want ALL the cars...
      03-29-2019 11:39 AM #2
      a 3k dollar difference between the SEL R-Line 4Mo and the SEL-P R-Line 4Mo
      and all you are getting is dynaausdio premium sound!?!?!

personally, i would select the SEL R-Line 4Mo spec and that STARTS at 44k.

hate to say it, but the price of the GLI is just too good and i will be getting more features/options on the GLI...VW done priced themselves out of the game on this one.
      Instagram @static_quo_tig
      90 G60 stage IV BBM Corrado (SOLD) :: 97 BMW 328i - full SCCA spec :: 05 MINI Cooper S - full SCCA spec :: 12 GLI SE - non-sunroof - static slammed that everyone thought i was riding air (SOLD) :: 16 GTI SE DSG.LP - APR stage I+ (SOLD) :: 16 Tiguan R-Line 4Motion (SOLD) :: 18 Tiguan SE 4Motion :: 17 Jetta GLI SE - Wifes daily

4. Member
      Vehicles
      '18 Passat SE w/ Technology
      03-29-2019 01:30 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by vdubs kopfschuss GLI View Post
      hate to say it, but the price of the GLI is just too good and i will be getting more features/options on the GLI...VW done priced themselves out of the game on this one.
      Not much technology in a GLi. No ACC, no lane stuff, ...

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

6. Member
      Vehicles
      '19 Jetta SEL
      03-29-2019 01:35 PM #4

Just for perspective, here is everything you are getting in SEL Premium. It's a lot more than just Dynaudio....

•19” Chennai alloy wheels
      • 3-color interior ambient lighting
      • Driver seat massage function
      • Ventilated front seats
      • Heated rear seats
      • Climatronic 3-zone automatic climate control w/
      rear control unit
      • Heated steering wheel
      • Steering wheel-mounted shift paddles
      • Dayton Brushed Aluminum interior décor
      • Full-size spare tire
      • Easy Open and Easy Close rear hatch operation
      • 12-speaker Dynaudio sound system, including
      subwoofer and central speaker
      • Volkswagen Car-Net Security & Service connected
      car service (limited subscription)
      • Volkswagen Car-Net Guide & Inform enhanced
      navigation and infotainment (limited subscription)
      • Park Distance Control
      • Park Assist
      • Lane Assist
      • Light Assist
      • Area View

7. Member
      Vehicles
      '19 Jetta SEL
      03-29-2019 01:38 PM #5

Also, though I agree the GLI is priced great, I don't think they're quite comparable. My guess is most people that will be looking at/buying the Arteon will look at the GLI as a young guy's car. Definitely apples and oranges for most people.

Vehicles
      See Signature Line
      04-01-2019 12:17 PM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by dubonaire_B4 View Post
      Also, though I agree the GLI is priced great, I don't think they're quite comparable. My guess is most people that will be looking at/buying the Arteon will look at the GLI as a young guy's car. Definitely apples and oranges for most people.
      Agree. and also for people who wants a 4 mo in a car
      CURRENT: 1987 Golf Cabriolet Alpine White (QQ plates applied)
      2008 Golf R32 (#959) 4mo Candy White
      2008 Passat Wagon VR6 4mo Mocha Brown Metallic (Daddy Mobile)
      2018 Atlas SEL-P 4mo Plat. Grey (Wifey's Twin Mobile)
      PAST: 2018 Tiguan SEL-P 4mo Plat. Grey (Traded)

9. 04-06-2019 07:55 AM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by TablaRasa View Post
      Agree. and also for people who wants a 4 mo in a car
      And a hatch - I'm done with sedans.

10. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2016 GTI SE 6MT w/ PP+LP, 2019 Jetta R-Line w/ CWP
      04-13-2019 07:49 AM #8
      Biggest disappointment for me the is price step of a ridiculous $4,150 increase from the SE 4motion to the SEL. That is a lot of money for nothing more than real leather vs fake leather (i would rather have the fake leather), a digital dash, a sunroof, built-in navigation (useless for most people as they will use android auto or car play), and Adaptive cruise control.

SEL appears to be the worst value of all the trims in my opinion. At least on the higher trims you get much more useful equipment because to me ACC is about the only useful thing on the SEL. VW missed the mark on the trims and the pricing big time.

11. 04-13-2019 11:35 AM #9
      I think we all know that for the first year these will be at MSRP because the dealers will speak of their rarity. Year 2 will tell the true story IMO

12. Member
      Vehicles
      04-13-2019 12:25 PM #10
      Quote Originally Posted by NogaroRFaster View Post
      I think we all know that for the first year these will be at MSRP because the dealers will speak of their rarity. Year 2 will tell the true story IMO
      I'm not so sure about that. I would rather have an A5 for a little more money. I think the real test will be how much these go for when there are lease returns a couple years down the road. I'm afraid that's when I'll be acquiring mine...

13. 04-13-2019 12:27 PM #11
      Quote Originally Posted by scooterabc View Post
      I'm not so sure about that. I would rather have an A5 for a little more money. I think the real test will be how much these go for when there are lease returns a couple years down the road. I'm afraid that's when I'll be acquiring mine...
      I can’t cross shop those two because the A5 SB is cramped. It’s essentially an A4. I think that if these take up room for 1 year on dealer lots then they will discount them. The new Passat will be here then two, surely majority of people will chose that over the arteon.

14. 04-13-2019 12:53 PM #12
      Quote Originally Posted by urbanexplorer043 View Post
      Biggest disappointment for me the is price step of a ridiculous $4,150 increase from the SE 4motion to the SEL. That is a lot of money for nothing more than real leather vs fake leather (i would rather have the fake leather), a digital dash, a sunroof, built-in navigation (useless for most people as they will use android auto or car play), and Adaptive cruise control.

SEL appears to be the worst value of all the trims in my opinion. At least on the higher trims you get much more useful equipment because to me ACC is about the only useful thing on the SEL. VW missed the mark on the trims and the pricing big time.
      The SEL adds more than that and for the price difference you are getting a lot more that what you are paying for! Leather alone in most cars is $1,500, Sunroof $1,200, Navigation $1500, Remote Stare $500, ETC ETC

SEL adds the following:

• Active Front-Lighting System and fog/weather
      light
      • 1-color interior ambient lighting
      • Nappa leather seating surfaces
      • Driver seat memory
      • Volkswagen Digital Cockpit
      • Panoramic tilting and sliding sunroof
      • Remote engine start
      • Auto-dimming, power adjustable, power foldable,
      heated exterior mirrors with position memory
      • Makassar Dark interior décor
      • Carpeted floor mats
      • Discover Media: 8” touchscreen navigation AM/
      FM/HD radio w/SD card reader, CD player, USB-in
      and voice control
      • SiriusXM Travel Link (w/limited-time trial
      subscription)
      • Adaptive Cruise Control

Vehicles
      Now: 2016 GTI PP Autobahn; Then: 2006 A3 Sport 6MT
      04-14-2019 10:00 AM #13
      The big problem is going to be that for $48k you can get a Premium Plus A5 that has almost all the same features as the loaded Arteon.

16. 04-14-2019 02:52 PM #14
      BUT the A5 is tiny inside, you can’t compare them.

17. Member
      Vehicles
      04-14-2019 08:28 PM #15
      Quote Originally Posted by NogaroRFaster View Post
      BUT the A5 is tiny inside, you can’t compare them.
      The A4/A5 is tiny in back (in comparison). Not in front. If you want a big back seat then a Passat or maybe an Arteon is a good choice. But if you want nicer technology, the Audi is a better choice. VW has a much better warranty which is a big deal to me.

18. Member
      Vehicles
      2015 Audi Allroad
      04-15-2019 01:40 PM #16
      Quote Originally Posted by Travis Grundke View Post
      The big problem is going to be that for $48k you can get a Premium Plus A5 that has almost all the same features as the loaded Arteon.
      My attempt to build out an A5 Sportback Premium Plus trying to match the Arteon loaded, feature for feature, came out to $54,040, and still was missing a few features, along with having less overall room inside...a Prestige A5 Sportback hits $57K...so at least for me, the Arteon loaded model is a good $6-8K less than a similarly-equipped A5 Sportback. The fact that is has more room and a better warranty are nice selling points for me.
      _____
      Justin

Vehicles
      2015 GTI, 2006 GLI, 1987 Scirocco 16V, 1989 Jetta GL
      04-15-2019 02:00 PM #17
      One other factor is the "I don't want to drive a flashy car" way of thinking. There's a sizable amount of people that want a 'nice' car that's not a luxury marque. This is probably more of a Midwest thing, but I know quite a few people that can easily afford Audis, Benzes, and the like, but choose a more understated brand. These people don't want to appear like they are flaunting their money, or they don't want to attract attention, or they are just plain frugal. In my day job there are a large number of one-level-short-of-C-suite people that drive Toyota's and Honda's (Tesla's are on the rise here). Heck, just a few years ago our CFO drove a Highlander Hybrid (he works at another building now and I have no idea if he's still driving it).

20. Member
      Vehicles
      04-15-2019 07:48 PM #18
      Quote Originally Posted by zackiedawg View Post
      My attempt to build out an A5 Sportback Premium Plus trying to match the Arteon loaded, feature for feature, came out to $54,040, and still was missing a few features, along with having less overall room inside...a Prestige A5 Sportback hits $57K...so at least for me, the Arteon loaded model is a good $6-8K less than a similarly-equipped A5 Sportback. The fact that is has more room and a better warranty are nice selling points for me.
      I agree that the Arteon is going to be less expensive, but you can't really compare them feature for feature. Example: The Audi Prestige has Traffic Jam Assist which the Arteon lacks. Extra sound insulated glass in front windows, again, not the Arteon. I could go on. The Audi is just a higher-end car and has nicer implementation of the technology and comfort features. Having said that, I was in a position where I would have been able to order an A4 prestige for 45,000 + T&L which is way under MSRP. Never got a quote on the A5. I totally agree with you about the value of the VW warranty. These cars are not going to be cheap to fix.

But I ended up with a very good deal on a 2018 Passat SE with most of the technology I wanted for $21K +T&L. I gave up on waiting.

21. Member
      Vehicles
      '19 Jetta SEL
      04-16-2019 10:32 AM #19
      Quote Originally Posted by silverspeedbuggy View Post
      One other factor is the "I don't want to drive a flashy car" way of thinking. There's a sizable amount of people that want a 'nice' car that's not a luxury marque. This is probably more of a Midwest thing, but I know quite a few people that can easily afford Audis, Benzes, and the like, but choose a more understated brand. These people don't want to appear like they are flaunting their money, or they don't want to attract attention, or they are just plain frugal. In my day job there are a large number of one-level-short-of-C-suite people that drive Toyota's and Honda's (Tesla's are on the rise here). Heck, just a few years ago our CFO drove a Highlander Hybrid (he works at another building now and I have no idea if he's still driving it).
      Some might argue the the Arteon would be more of an attention grabber simply based on the fact that nobody knows what it is. Though I know your point was based on brand and not model, people expect Audi's to look like that. People will be caught off guard by the aesthetics of the Arteon I think. Whether the people you encounter use "cool" "nice" "weird" or their choose of adjective in the moment, few people expect to see a VW that looks like THAT.

Vehicles
      2015 GTI, 2006 GLI, 1987 Scirocco 16V, 1989 Jetta GL
      04-16-2019 10:52 AM #20
      Quote Originally Posted by dubonaire_B4 View Post
      Some might argue the the Arteon would be more of an attention grabber simply based on the fact that nobody knows what it is. Though I know your point was based on brand and not model, people expect Audi's to look like that. People will be caught off guard by the aesthetics of the Arteon I think. Whether the people you encounter use "cool" "nice" "weird" or their choose of adjective in the moment, few people expect to see a VW that looks like THAT.
      Oh I definitely agree with you here. The Arteon could be like the New Beetle back in the day: it's striking looks draws people into dealerships, then they drive out in a new Jetta, Tiguan, whatever.

I was speaking more on the actual brand. An Audi/MB/BMW can be viewed by some as flaunting your wealth/living beyond your means. A VW is a more sensible choice even though the loaded Arteon costs more than the base Audi. The perception is you've made a more economical/rational choice.

It's similar to driving a loaded F-150 vs., say, a base A7. They're both within $1000 of one another ($67,050 as I built on Ford.com vs. $68,995 for the Az w/ no options). I know it's a ridiculous comparison, but the average person would think the Audi buyer spent a lot more than the Ford buyer. Arteon vs. Audi could have the same perception.

23. Member vdubs kopfschuss GLI's Avatar
      Vehicles
      i just want ALL the cars...
      Today 11:56 AM #21
      well, it pays off to be on good terms with the GM at your local VW dealer.

i now have a Pyrite Silver GLI AutoBahn on its way AS WELL AS a Pyrite Silver Arteon SEL R-Line with 4Motion.
      going to compare the both of them and decide right there. GM already said he will reserve both of them for me so i can see them first before deciding.

GLI is still on its way when sourced 4 weeks ago and the Arteon is at port. hopefully i wont have to wait too long hahaha
      Instagram @static_quo_tig
      90 G60 stage IV BBM Corrado (SOLD) :: 97 BMW 328i - full SCCA spec :: 05 MINI Cooper S - full SCCA spec :: 12 GLI SE - non-sunroof - static slammed that everyone thought i was riding air (SOLD) :: 16 GTI SE DSG.LP - APR stage I+ (SOLD) :: 16 Tiguan R-Line 4Motion (SOLD) :: 18 Tiguan SE 4Motion :: 17 Jetta GLI SE - Wifes daily