VWVortex.com - The coming Economic Collapse (non-politics)
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 303637383940

Thread: The coming Economic Collapse (non-politics)

1. 08-01-2020 05:06 PM #976
      Quote Originally Posted by spockcat View Post
      So today everyone was focused on Trump's tweet about delaying the election so they would be distracted from the real news:

US GDP plunged by a record 33% annual rate in the 2nd quarter as coronavirus lockdowns raged
      What is missing from that headline is a comparison, such as the EU's 48% relative decline.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Vehicles
      2036 GooseBee Delux-'17 Blandmobile RS-'92 Miatadon BananaShade,'02 garden shed
      08-01-2020 06:47 PM #977
      Quote Originally Posted by bave View Post
      blather
      Are you bored? Go away. Get a hobby
      Quote Originally Posted by Juniper Monkeys View Post
      If someone at GM is reading this, if you give me a Corvette and $28.5m, I'll hand-paint the body of it, I'll breed it with an AIBO, I'll convert it to a boat and drive across SF Bay, I'll drive it through the lobby of Mazda HQ in LA, I'll ship it to China and invade the Forbidden City in it, then I'll drive up to Baikonur in Kazakhstan and have it fired to geosynchronous orbit on a Zenit-3SL rocket.

4. 08-01-2020 07:36 PM #978
      Quote Originally Posted by crashmtb View Post
      It's raining, had to get off the boat. So decided to stop by and actually post some relevant figures, how about you?

Quite a contribution you just made, thanks for that.

5. 08-01-2020 08:40 PM #979
      Quote Originally Posted by crashmtb View Post
      For as little as I agree with bave, he is correct in this instance. EU GDP drop was much more severe as was their lockdown.
      The true indicator of which COVID-19 response was more economically responsible will be the rate and amount of GDP recovered over an amount of time.
      Trump is hoping people see these comparisons of GDP decline and conclude he handled the situation properly thus showing great leadership. The rate and amount of recovery will not be measurable before November 3 so they cannot help nor hurt his campaign.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

6. 08-01-2020 11:11 PM #980
      Quote Originally Posted by vwguru714 View Post
      For as little as I agree with bave, he is correct in this instance. EU GDP drop was much more severe as was their lockdown.
      The true indicator of which COVID-19 response was more economically responsible will be the rate and amount of GDP recovered over an amount of time.
      Trump is hoping people see these comparisons of GDP decline and conclude he handled the situation properly thus showing great leadership. The rate and amount of recovery will not be measurable before November 3 so they cannot help nor hurt his campaign.

Who is talking about EU GDP? It dropped 12% 2020Q2. Certainly their GDP will come back more quickly than that of the USA since they are reopening in many places with a couple of exceptions for a second wave. We can't even get out of the first wave. Congress can't decide on help to unemployed. And there is probably a housing crisis coming from evictions and foreclosures once moratoriums are lifted.

Euro zone GDP plunged by a record 12.1% in the second quarter
      Americans hate EVs because they grew up with Power Wheels that were glacially slow, ran out of power in 20 minutes and took an entire day to recharge.

Vehicles
      15 Outback 3.6R
      08-02-2020 09:13 AM #981
      Quote Originally Posted by vwguru714 View Post

Who is talking about EU GDP? It dropped 12% 2020Q2. Certainly their GDP will come back more quickly than that of the USA since they are reopening in many places with a couple of exceptions for a second wave. We can't even get out of the first wave. Congress can't decide on help to unemployed. And there is probably a housing crisis coming from evictions and foreclosures once moratoriums are lifted.

Scrolling to the last sections of the August 1 The Economist, I see -8.4 for the Euro area and -5.3 for the United States. That’s 2020. Germany is -5.9 and is now able to mostly open back up where the US is paralyzed. The Huns and Asia win.

8. 08-02-2020 10:32 AM #982

*annualized

It's those details that matter you see.

Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 303637383940