VWVortex

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: CONFIRMED-Performance Monitor is MIA on my 2019

1. Member
      Vehicles
      19 Golf R 6MT, 15 Exocet, 04 MSM, 01 M5, 18 StripleRS
      06-13-2019 07:29 PM #126
      Quote Originally Posted by turbosocal View Post
      My mirror has no buttons or switches at all. its got a very thin frame/bezel. I see on the back (facing the windshield) there is a sensor. What do I have?
      You have an auto dimming mirror, as in standard. The MY2019s do not have the frameless mirrors in the US.
      No img tags in sigs gives asellus a sad.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. 06-13-2019 08:11 PM #127
      I, too, reported the "missing" Performance Monitor (as listed on my Monroney) to VW Customer Service. They opened up a "case report" for my complaint and promised to follow up with me weekly until the problem is resolved.

I received my 5th consecutive, weekly email from VW Customer Service this morning. No fix yet...no news when.

If this were a software problem (omission), which was my initial assumption, the fix would have been quick and relatively simple. The fact that VW still hasn't put this to rest indicates there's more to it than software. I'm betting those of us WITHOUT Performance Monitor will eventually be getting some kind of compensation ($$) rather than the PM we were supposed to have.

Wonder how many cars are in this situation.

4. 06-13-2019 09:07 PM #128
      I'm thinking it has to do with the software security. Asking them to update/change the features already installed may be asking them to build a backdoor. This software interfaces with the ECU to get the real time MAP sensor reading, etc...

2016 model years that had the PM installed had to be brought into dealerships for some more involved software update? That may have had to do with admin (software security) controls built into the software. To improve security those admin abilities may have since been removed or limited...

5. Member
      Vehicles
      1999 Passat gone 2008 R32 gone -2016 Golf R
      Yesterday 08:05 AM #129
      Quote Originally Posted by LeaderInLA View Post
      I, too, reported the "missing" Performance Monitor (as listed on my Monroney) to VW Customer Service. They opened up a "case report" for my complaint and promised to follow up with me weekly until the problem is resolved.

I received my 5th consecutive, weekly email from VW Customer Service this morning. No fix yet...no news when.

If this were a software problem (omission), which was my initial assumption, the fix would have been quick and relatively simple. The fact that VW still hasn't put this to rest indicates there's more to it than software. I'm betting those of us WITHOUT Performance Monitor will eventually be getting some kind of compensation ($$) rather than the PM we were supposed to have.

Wonder how many cars are in this situation.
      It’ll be a software fix. It was for the few that got it installed in 2016.

Vehicles
      GTI
      Yesterday 09:26 AM #130
      Quote Originally Posted by jakeyjohn1 View Post
      I'm thinking it has to do with the software security. Asking them to update/change the features already installed may be asking them to build a backdoor. This software interfaces with the ECU to get the real time MAP sensor reading, etc...

2016 model years that had the PM installed had to be brought into dealerships for some more involved software update? That may have had to do with admin (software security) controls built into the software. To improve security those admin abilities may have since been removed or limited...
      The process is they have to go to techs in Germany to get codes to actually use with ODIS to activate the feature. It's a painful process that dealerships hate to do. And most won't want to because it ties up techs for other higher paying jobs. That's one of the reasons that it was discontinued by VWOA and dealerships denied even being able to fix it in 2016 even though there was an internal TSB about the missing feature.

VW gift cards will be the compensation.

Also the previous FTC comments. Has anyone reported this to the FTC? I've reported issues to the FTC many times before and nothing happened not even a reply back from them. So this idea that once they hear what is happening it will be the new performancemonitorgate is reaching.

7. Yesterday 09:48 AM #131
      What was the amount offered for the gift card? All of us should file a complaint with the FTC.

8. Yesterday 09:53 AM #132
      I have seen an intern document from vw and can confirm they are aware of the issue and a fix WILL take place. But, it can take a while. This is for Canada.

9. Yesterday 10:55 AM #133
      VW offered me $300 bucks reimbursement for the missing monitor! Wtf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vehicles
      '16 Golf R, '08 Z4M coupé, '17 Kawasaki Versys 650
      Yesterday 11:19 AM #134
      Quote Originally Posted by zllekk View Post
      I'd take $300 and run. That's about $295 more than it's worth. About the only thing useful on it is the boost gauge, and because it doesn't compensate for atmospheric pressure, it's as worthless as the rest of the thing.

'16 Golf R 6MT
      '08 Z4 M Coupé
      '17 Kawasaki Versys 650

11. Yesterday 01:04 PM #135
      Take the money. Then when the fix is available, you will also be able to get it.

12. Member
      Vehicles
      2019 Golf R
      Yesterday 01:54 PM #136
      Quote Originally Posted by zllekk View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      How'd you get this offer? VWoA?

13. Yesterday 02:06 PM #137
      I was at Hendrick VW in Frisco TX yesterday asking about this. About 5 different service techs got in the car and looked for the PM, no luck (surprise surprise, lol).

The service manager seemed like he wanted to just get me to leave when he said "yeah...it's not available yet, and there's a software update coming," but he changed his tune when I mentioned it was on the Monroney Sticker.

He promised to ask VWOA about it on my behalf. We will see what happens, but I'm not expecting much.

Anyone know how to make a complaint with VWOA? If they're offering $300, I want it. In the end, it's not a big deal, but 300 bucks would at least pay for my TUXMATs, right? lol.

14. Yesterday 05:37 PM #138
      The performance monitor is installed on cars built since at least the 8th of may.
      Looking for more vins to narow down the change point.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456