VWVortex.com - My kids heard my mom talking about suicide.
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: My kids heard my mom talking about suicide.

Vehicles
      2012 AWD Nissan Rogue (again, you dumb ass!)
      04-09-2019 07:19 PM #1
      To make it short, my mom and i are not very close, since she has all sort of problems with me for not liking my other brothers who were a55holes with me and my family some time ago.
      So even when we live 20 miles apart, we rarely see each other.
      I sometimes visited her but sporadically, just try to get her some groceries once a month or so. She may have come visited me 7 times in 10 years.
      She is very manipulative, or at least tries to, and behaves completely different when one of her sons is present vs the others; hiding stuff, complaining about the others, justifying the others that were throwing **** at me and my family, that sort of stuff.
      Anyway, it was her bday and we went out to dinner, i got a phone call on my cell and left the table for a little while, and she started talking with my wife about how she wanted to end all of it by ending it as quick as possible and stuff like that, saying that i dont frequent my brothers and they havent done anything to me and so on.
      My kids and i heard it and theyre asking stuff about it.
      Dont know if im more venting about it or asking for advise on what to tell them their granma meant with ending her life.
      Damn.
      Satan´s nopemares...

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Vehicles
      GOLF 99, 18 Nismo Econobox
      07-09-2019 01:51 PM #2
      I think it all comes down to the age they have. My wife's family is a chaos, problematic to no end, fist fights knife fights, getting picked up by cops and being dumped in the front door all beat up kind of chaotic. So what we do is we try to stay away from them, my kids are 2 and 1 so right now they don't really understand, but if they are a bit older, they might understand the situation, kids tend to really surprise you sometimes, i know my 7yo nephew opened up a few months ago about hearing his mom and dad arguing and fighting plenty at nights (they slept in a room for plenty of years) so when we talked to him he calmed down and his behavior changed.

I'm sorry you had to go through that, it is complicated dealing with bad family members, but i have learned that with kids sometimes well founded and guided honesty goes long ways.